Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
I am looking to swap it.
He gave me some guff that apparently I would legally only have a window of 48 hours to exchange it.

Even the two-day return period is voluntary from o2.

If you buy in a German shop, you have no right to an exchange because of the material defect, so an exchange without giving a reason only works if you order online/by phone, for example (Veranbasatzgesetz). I highly doubt here that an unlockable bootloader is a flaw of the thing.

Therefore, one avoids buying such goods in retail as far as possible if a right of return is not explicitly advertised in the shop.
Exactly this.

You have absolutely no right to return a product bought in a local shop.

The "Fernabsatzgesetz" applies a 14 day return policy to any purchase done remotely (e.g. online). If it was a legal purchase with physical access beforehand, you aren't eligible for any return whatsoever besides voluntary one given by the seller.

In my case, I bought my RN9Pro online.
Given it was flawless besides the inability to unlock, I will return it within that window anyway, if there isn't a solution in sight.

Despite my efforts to forfeit support and warranty, I couldn't. So any right to return it still stands.

Reactions: duttyend

eazY_91

May 14, 2022
Just to keep anyone informed as i were probably one of the first here with a US account.
36 hours to go and i´m positive that it´ll work.

New RMN10Pro5G. Immediately after receiving it i tried to unlock with my original mi account (GER-Region) and directly got the rebind error.
Created a new mi account using an existing google account and choosed US region during the registration. Added a password, to be able to login in the unlock tool.
Switched my German mobile number from the old to the new mi account.
Registered in the developer options for the mi unlock status.
Started the official miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31.
And was able to see the normal 168h waiting time. Which is 36 hours to go from now. So when i see if it works or not i´ll let you know.

MasterBerkay

May 2, 2020
Just to keep anyone informed as i were probably one of the first here with a US account.

New RMN10Pro5G. Immediately after receiving it i tried to unlock with my original mi account (GER-Region) and directly got the rebind error.
Created a new mi account using an existing google account and choosed US region during the registration. Added a password, to be able to login in the unlock tool.
And was able to see the normal 168h waiting time. Which is 36 hours to go from now. So when i see if it works or not i´ll let you know.

I did the same thing on Tuesday, hoping this will work, so I can unlock my poco f3 as well on Tuesday, but I didn't use a Google account. I just made a new mi account with region set to US. Before when I tried on my eu account it instantly said rebind error, but after using us account it shows the remaining time so I'm hoping this will work

Reactions: duttyend

etillxd

Apr 16, 2018
Just a question to whoever is facing this issue - what MIUI region do you have?
I'm talking about the region in the MIUI version in settings. I mainly need 2 letters from the text. For example a global Redmi note 10 Pro on Android 11, carrier unlocked would be RKFMIXM and I am mainly looking for that MI part.

TL;DR: In MIUI version, in the text bit, what do the 4th and 5th letter say?
my Poco X3 NFC says RJGMIXM, it's the global model, still i've got the same "please rebind" issue as everone else (with an german account)

Mar 26, 2011
Even the FAQ in page on mi unlock does not exist or is under moderation https://c.mi.com/thread-2262302-1-0.html

Something is going on for sure

This is so stupid that Xiaomi doesn't say anything.
It has been for quite some times.
Half of mi.com links are dead (...) so let's not jump to conclusions. Even the "Bug & Feedback" link in Mi Flash Tool has been giving a 502 bad request for month... The list of bugs you can spot on one of c.mi.com page doesn't fit a 10mb notepad file ^^. You can't judge Xiaomi by its dead links (if people did so, no one would ever have bought Xiaomi's product :p).

As said previously, UK service replied to an XDA user that the problem already had been reported and that they would communicate when they have information. There is a similar report from French service.

I know that's no guarantee and it *could* be a generic ****ty answer, but at least it's fact and not speculation. Let's keep looking for a way to bypass that bug, while we wait for some news ;).

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
I can confirm that something changed, I now get a countdown of 98 hours left and no more error message as before. For information: FR account, no change from several days ago, just tried again with official unlock software

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.