Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

DeadRabbit62

May 25, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 8
Yes, I had the developer options enabled. It finally worked, but creating a new Mi account through another PC. My mistake was to use only the phone to create it. Thank you anyway :)

For everyone else, there is no need to use a Google account as the only important step seems to be to create the MI account under US region. After that you can use a phone from another country with its own country code if you need to.
You didn't have to wait the 169h? I managed to create the new US account but have to wait unfortunately.. what exactly did you do?

damjan778899

May 13, 2022
Sorry, I didn't mention that finally appeared the 168 hours waiting message. Prior to that only appeared the rebind error.
Ahhh. ;)

The "rebind" appears after the "168 hours". You'll see "rebind" error on your new mi account in about 168 hours. ;)
You are in the same situation as me - having an old and a new account. The blind leading the deaf. ;)

Hopefully xiaomi fixes the server, we are not getting anywhere with these instructions.

Chenkaiser

May 13, 2022
Ahhh. ;)

The "rebind" appears after the "168 hours". You'll see "rebind" error on your new mi account in about 168 hours. ;)
You are in the same situation as me - having an old and a new account. The blind leading the deaf. ;)

Hopefully xiaomi fixes the server, we are not getting anywhere with these instructions.
I received the "rebind" error since my first attempt yesterday and after several of them today. This only changed after creating the new account in US this morning. I'm not from that country.

If this user could make this work with this easy how-to, the rest of us should be able too:

Anyway, thank you for being so rude. I only was explaining my own situation.

Thibobo

May 14, 2022
i'm having the same issue with my poco x3 pro, i linked my mi account last week & got the message that i needed to wait 168hrs, i checked today and got the rebind message instead of the amount of hrs i needed to wait until i can unlock my bootloader. I hope it's fixed tomorrow so i can finally unlock it after a week of waiting!

damjan778899

May 13, 2022
I received the "rebind" error since my first attempt yesterday and after several of them today. This only changed after creating the new account in US this morning. I'm not from that country.

If this user could make this work with this easy how-to, the rest of us should be able too:

Anyway, thank you for being so rude. I only was explaining my own situation.
Apologies if I came across as rude. I think we are all going in circles. We all hope somebody has found a solution. For me the "rebind" appears after the 168 hours. So far it seems there is only one person who claims he has found a solution and the rest of us, it appears, we were not able to replicate the said solution.

AndyBGD14

Dec 6, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A21s
1.Sign out from your mi account
2.Create a Mi account with google(!create the account using the phone!)(use a new google account that is not somehow linked to your mi account)
3.Select US when you need to select the region
4.After you created the account go to developer and add it to mi unlock
5.Now unlock the phone with mi unlock tool
I didn t have to wait i was able to unlock it right away

smuggler01

May 14, 2022
Had the same problem (please rebind...) when trying to unlock my Mi9t today after 1 week waiting. Solution is as described - creating new account with US region. Then I don't have to wait another week and my phone is just unlocked now. Maybe it isn't obligatory but I used another phone number when creating an account. Good luck!

Reactions: xb4ckd00r123

Giany

May 14, 2022
Ciao a tutti, mi sono appena iscritto a questo forum perché ho lo stesso problema. Penso che sia stato il primo a ricevere questo errore :) infatti venerdì mattina alle 8.00 sono scadute le 168 ore per sbloccare il mio 11t pro e purtroppo ho ricevuto subito quel messaggio. Ho fatto tutte le prove possibili anche con la creazione di un nuovo account ma senza risultato. Ho pensato subito fosse un problema relativo ai server xiaomi ma il mio dubbio è: se dovessero ripristinare tutto, il contdown riparte o tengono conto delle 168 ore già trascorse?

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum because I have the same problem. I think he was the first to receive this error :) in fact, on Friday morning at 8.00 the 168 hours to unlock my 11t pro expired and unfortunately I immediately received that message. I did all the possible tests even with the creation of a new account but to no avail. I immediately thought it was a problem related to xiaomi servers but my doubt is: if they had to restore everything, the contdown restarts or do they take into account the 168 hours already passed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xb4ckd00r123

xb4ckd00r123

May 13, 2022
Ciao a tutti, mi sono appena iscritto a questo forum perché ho lo stesso problema. Penso che sia stato il primo a ricevere questo errore :) infatti venerdì mattina alle 8.00 sono scadute le 168 ore per sbloccare il mio 11t pro e purtroppo ho ricevuto subito quel messaggio. Ho fatto tutte le prove possibili anche con la creazione di un nuovo account ma senza risultato. Ho pensato subito fosse un problema relativo ai server xiaomi ma il mio dubbio è: se dovessero ripristinare tutto, il contdown riparte o tengono conto delle 168 ore già trascorse?

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum because I have the same problem. I think he was the first to receive this error :) in fact, on Friday morning at 8.00 the 168 hours to unlock my 11t pro expired and unfortunately I immediately received that message. I did all the possible tests even with the creation of a new account but to no avail. I immediately thought it was a problem related to xiaomi servers but my doubt is: if they had to restore everything, the contdown restarts or do they take into account the 168 hours already passed?
Penso proprio che siano i server in alcuni paesi che non stanno funzionando, immagino tu abbia impostato il tuo mi account in italia come me, speriamo che presto smetta di darci please rebind e che ce lo sblocchi... Speriamo di non dover riaspettare le 168 ore...

I really think it is the servers in some countries that are not working, I guess you have set up your my account in Italy like me, we hope you will soon stop giving us please rebind and that you will unlock it ... We hope we do not have to wait for 168 hours...

maxwell1989

Sep 17, 2016
Wieluń
1.Sign out from your mi account
2.Create a Mi account with google(!create the account using the phone!)(use a new google account that is not somehow linked to your mi account)
3.Select US when you need to select the region
4.After you created the account go to developer and add it to mi unlock
5.Now unlock the phone with mi unlock tool
I didn t have to wait i was able to unlock it right away
then how exactly to do it ?

Giany

May 14, 2022
Ciao ho appena provato il metodo dell account google, funziona ma fa ripartire il countdown da 168 ore

Hi I just tried the google account method, it works but it restarts the 168 hour countdown

Giany

May 14, 2022
Ma se inizio le 168 ore sull'account google e poi ripristinano i server, potrebbero sbloccarsi sull'account normale o sono in conflitto?

But if I start the 168 hours on the google account and then reset the servers, could they unlock on the normal account or are they in conflict?

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
i think we should to contact xiaomi with a request to unlock the bootloader. Is unbeliveble that we cant unlock the bootloader easily

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
Ma se inizio le 168 ore sull'account google e poi ripristinano i server, potrebbero sbloccarsi sull'account normale o sono in conflitto?

But if I start the 168 hours on the google account and then reset the servers, could they unlock on the normal account or are they in conflict?
parla in inglese senno si incazzano. i think you can try it without to restart the other counter.

Giany

May 14, 2022
But if I start the 168 hours on the google account, and then they restore the servers, could they unlock on the normal account or do they conflict?

Top Liked Posts

i have tested something, lastest miflash-unlock: "miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8"

I just rewrote the international unlock server to the global mi-unlock server with an hexeditor.

so the message "please rebind and try again" doesn't come anymore. currently I have 156h waiting time.

miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8(mod)

can you confirm ?
    So at this point, no one can confirm that a US miui account created in EU with a +49 number will enable the bootloader function?

If that is the case, we can assume that xiaomi deliberately wants to deny the root function to xiaomi users in the EU region.

From this point of view, I would also return my Poco X3 Pro.

My primary purchase decision for a phone is root functionality.
    I can give you an answer on Sunday morning, because that's when the 168 hours expire on my nee US account with+49.
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    in other forum say that xiaomi want to stop possibility to unlock bootloader for eu users. Seem crazy
    Doesn't seem crazy at all - the EU is trying again to introduce mass surveillance under the "think of the children" cliche, which hasn't expired yet here (unlike the US who had that too long and switched to "think of the terrorists" and lately "think of the LGBT")

https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=22/05/13/0343256 (there are a couple of links to other sites in the article)

Even if it doesn't pass this time either (there have been other attempts in the past), it's fair to believe there are talks with the hardware manufacturers (like Xiaomi) and internet corporations (like Google) to force people to be spied on.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.
    I contacted support and got told "unfortunatly, unlocking the bootloader deletes warranty, we cannot help you". So I sent them a salty answer telling them: "Thank you very much for your information. I am sure your company can somehow continue without developers and community behind it".
    I regret beeing this salty, but expected to get another bot answer anyways.

They then answered me with this text:
    Currently there is a problem with our bootloader page, please try again in a few days.

Furthermore, we would recommend you to send a message directly to the developers.

We are not able to contact the developers directly as a customer service. However, you can send a message directly to the developers via the feedback function in your phone, so that this problem can be fixed in future updates.

The feedback function itself can be found under "Settings" --> "Services & Feedback".

So I expect them to fix the problem in the next days. If not, I'll probably get another phone.
    I'm from germany and have the same issue. I've written to support with log file. I'll post here if they give me new information.

I can understand, that they don't fix their servers if they break over the weekend, but its Tuesday now and something like: "we recognized this as an issue and are looking into it." would probably be greatly appreciated.
    i have tested something, lastest miflash-unlock: "miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8"

I just rewrote the international unlock server to the global mi-unlock server with an hexeditor.

so the message "please rebind and try again" doesn't come anymore. currently I have 156h waiting time.

miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8(mod)

can you confirm ?
    Same problem on Mi9t Pro.

But it's weird, one week ago I was able to set up for unlocking my Poco F4 GT without a problem and this Monday I've unlocked it.

After unlocking F4 i was looking to unlock my mi9t pro but the miunlock told me that I needed to wait until Next month.

After reading that, I just created another mi account with my other sim.

But now I'm stuck with the rebind error.

I really don't know if the problem is server related or Mi Account related because I have unlocked the F4 in the days that the problem was reported.

Maybe F4 unlocking was ok because the requeste was made before the rebind error?

Sorry for the long post but I hope I can give some help or information.