Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

mario.piec

Apr 13, 2015
Reply from global customer support:

Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Cassie.
Thanks for your support with Xiaomi. We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption. And this misuse will void your phone's warranty and it may render your phone useless depending on the security measures in place on your phone. Therefore, unlike usual technical support, such operation has no standard procedures or methods.

German support via phone tells me that they are not responsable for bootloader unlock.
I have to contact the Mi community.

Last edited:

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
im stuck now, i tried to make a new account and got the same error then i tried to make us account but it says that i can't add more accounts on this sim and i don't want to buy a new sim for that lol

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
Okay guys after a bit of testing i found a version that displays the amount of hrs you need to wait correctly until you can unlock, i'm new here so i don't know if i can post links to the download. Version is miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24

for me i need to wait 13hrs and that's correct, i'll wait and try with this version to unlock my bootloader

EDIT:
i see this tool has a different name, it's not miflash unlock tool but batch unlock tool.
Is this official from xiaomi or is this third party software? also the latest version of this batch unlock tool (miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8) also seems to work correctly, but i would have like to know if this batch unlock tool is an official tool from xiaomi like the miflash unlock and what is the difference between these tools?
View attachment 5614537
tried this and it shows wait 168h but we don't know if it'll work tho

Not Neo

Jun 26, 2019
Reply from global customer support:

Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Cassie.
Thanks for your support with Xiaomi. We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption. And this misuse will void your phone's warranty and it may render your phone useless depending on the security measures in place on your phone. Therefore, unlike usual technical support, such operation has no standard procedures or methods.

German support via phone tells me that thei are not responsable for bootloader unlock.
I have to contact the Mi community.
I´m in the same boat as you. Also just got a response back from global support telling me I need to contact German support. I found this which may be interesting

Particularly interesting points from the German site :

"Q1: How can I unlock BL?
Currently, all users have unlock rights and there is no need to apply for them on the MIUI forum. "

Q3: How long does the account need to be paired after activation?
All phones connecting after November 22, 2018 must have passed 15 days. For security reasons and to prevent a batch installation, the waiting time for some users is adjusted to 60 days after pairing.
A notice:
1). The 15-day period after pairing due to BL lock means the phone must be connected to the network for 15 days, not a 15-day waiting period.
2). If the user's mobile phone logs in with another Xiaomi account during the process, the unlock time must be
recalculated.

Ugggh QUATSCH! Would be nice to get a proper notification actually informing users what the issue is rather than unspecific nothing.

This is bloody worse than apple (probably).

vuoshinotizy

May 12, 2022
i had an italian account that was bugged. Two days ago i made a new usa account and now xiaomi unlock show this error

Attachments

• dccdcdcc.png
    dccdcdcc.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 138

SoulRipper

Oct 28, 2010
Mulhouse
Same problem: "Couldn't unlock - Please rebind and try again"
Poco F3. French account. This account has allowed me to unlock more than 10 devices, so the problem is not here.

Leach79

Jul 31, 2010
Dortmund
I've got the same with the mi 11 pro. Same Thing: rebind... i also used an older version,and fun fact the older version says "couldn't unlock more devices with this account for 1 year" (i unlocked 3 devices this year)...

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
Same problem here, with a Note 9 Pro in my case. It's incredible that this is happening and there is no official solution. I bought the device days ago and I can't use it because for my purpose I need to unlock the bootloader and make modifications. If in addition, I had to wait a week to unlock it... It's our device, let us use it however we want. This thing is driving me crazy.

I have tried every possible way. With my current Mi account, with a new one, with different versions of Mi Unlock, all the ways to login and nothing works.

Thanks for your contributions.

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
RN9Pro here, same issue.
Tried with a German account, got the reported error.

Tried with a US account (hinted on reddit), now the Mi Unlock app isn't even loading after logging in and is stuck on the spinning circle/dot.

I wish there was an option to click "Keep your ad/spyware, I just want to unlock" and you could skip this mess.

This is exactly the reason why I would never consider using MIUI in the first place.
If Xiaomi would be confident in their ad-ridden system, they would not restrict their users and try to compete. But they aren't.

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
This is ridiculous. I am very happy that this error occured shortly after buying this Xiaomi device and said that, I will now return it and never buy one from them again,

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I can't login to the miunlock tool. with the registration with email you tell me it is wrong data. with the qr code he hangs himself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.