Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

Leach79

Jul 31, 2010
Dortmund
fun fact... version 5.5.224.24 give me that...but i only unlocked 2 devices this year, plus i am diamond member so really strange

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-18 134346.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-18 134346.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: duttyend

musstrum

Nov 6, 2021
Well last time i've waited 165 hrs next step was rebind so i would be so optimistic to have another waiting whole week with older version of mi unlock...

patrickvh

Apr 17, 2005
I just found out now (for me, german account)

miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24 is working (just skipp the update notice)
I have to wait now 165 hours...

the latest miflash_unlock 6.5.406.31 is working if I change hosts file to: 161.117.171.86 eu-unlock.update.intl.miui.com
and use a new created US-Mi account, it shows 165hours too
I am from The Netherlands.
Just tried changing my hosts file, too. Running same version miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31. After login the app closes without error. When removing entry from the hosts, get the bind error again.
Maybe your onto something, will try to find other (US?) IP addresses, maybe another will work.

With miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.55 still another 121 hours (5 days) to go but I do suspect what i.e. @aqwxsz21 is telling after the time-out it will just complain about incorrect old version.

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
I am from The Netherlands.
Just tried changing my hosts file, too. Running same version miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31. After login the app closes without error. When removing entry from the hosts, get the bind error again.
Maybe your onto something, will try to find other (US?) IP addresses, maybe another will work.

With miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.55 still another 121 hours (5 days) to go but I do suspect what i.e. @aqwxsz21 is telling after the time-out it will just complain about incorrect old version.
check post 119

Dornbuscher

Jan 21, 2021
I can confirm that.
I started Bootlock for my new Poco X3 a week ago using the current version 6.5x.

My EU account is 3 years old - allready unlocked my Poco F1 withn it. Both phones are shown in my miui account.

Checked yesterday and got no countdown information but the "rebind" error.

I tried the older version 5.5.224.55. Here I got the countdown information (See screenshot).

After the 168 hours today expired, I got with this version the hint to use the current version.

So far there is no way to unlock an EU account. I will wait a few days and then i´ll try unlocking with a new US account.

Should I delete my Poco X3 EU account before?

Attachments

• BL01.jpg
    BL01.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 88
  • BL02.jpg
    BL02.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 78

fdorc

Feb 6, 2017
I just found out now (for me, german account)

miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24 is working (just skipp the update notice)
I have to wait now 165 hours...

the latest miflash_unlock 6.5.406.31 is working if I change hosts file to: 161.117.171.86 eu-unlock.update.intl.miui.com
and use a new created US-Mi account, it shows 165hours too
It does not work. When 168 hours pass you will not be able to unlock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.