Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
i have tested something, lastest miflash-unlock: "miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8"

I just rewrote the international unlock server to the global mi-unlock server with an hexeditor.

so the message "please rebind and try again" doesn't come anymore. currently I have 156h waiting time.

miflash_unlock-en-6.5.421.8(mod)

can you confirm ?
Thanks for your efforts.
Unfortunately, I'm getting this message: "Unknown error (1004)"

thomas974

Nov 1, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4

support.global via srs2.kundenserver.de​

À Thomas

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hello, Greetings from Xiaomi Customer Support! This is Lily.
Thanks for your support with Xiaomi. We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption. And this misuse will void your phone's warranty and it may render your phone useless depending on the security measures in place on your phone. Therefore, unlike usual technical support, such operation has no standard procedures or methods.
However, if you need any other assistance, please contact us.
Best Regards
Xiao Mi Global Email Service
If you have any other questions, welcome to visit again. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Follow Twitter@XiaomiSupport to get latest product tips and service information. https://twitter.com/XiaomiSupport

GameStepHD

Jul 16, 2017

À Thomas

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your support with Xiaomi. We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption. And this misuse will void your phone's warranty and it may render your phone useless depending on the security measures in place on your phone. Therefore, unlike usual technical support, such operation has no standard procedures or methods.
Best Regards
If you have any other questions, welcome to visit again. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Follow Twitter@XiaomiSupport to get latest product tips and service information. https://twitter.com/XiaomiSupport
Looks Like the Support dont want to help

Julie_23

May 17, 2022

I just rewrote the international unlock server to the global mi-unlock server with an hexeditor.

so the message "please rebind and try again" doesn't come anymore. currently I have 156h waiting time.

can you confirm ?
Me they tell me to download the official tool on their website :/

Julie_23

May 17, 2022
I don't expect anything from the damn manufacturers anymore, this phone is going back to the seller.

can you confirm ?
It ends with an error "Please use the common user tool on the official website."

Leach79

Jul 31, 2010
Dortmund

can you confirm ?
i've tested it. With my main account it really says cannot unlock more devices this year (unlocked only 2 this year), but with my newly created account it shows me 125 hours left.

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022

À Thomas

Dear Sir/Madam,
Best Regards
Lots of filler text from a low level support person. "Lily" is probably only trained to handle issues from people not part of xda.

Needless to say that she is absolutely wrong.
There isn't a "misuse", only appropriate usage of unlocking an originally open system.
There are warnings we willingly accepted from the program and phone itself to even get this far and receiving an error.

And for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, our warranty isn't void, they aren't even allowing us to void it because of this error!
We want to make them not responsible anymore, but we can't!

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
it'll be a week since there's this problem tomorrow and xiaomi still hasn't done anything
Please wake up, they won`t fix it for european users. You won´t unlock any Xiaomi devices anymore. Like someone has written before it seems that it may have something to do with the planned chat control in the EU. For that it speaks that this error only occurs to EU users.

The following from the support speaks for that theory as well:

"We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption."

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
Please wake up, they won`t fix it for european users. You won´t unlock any Xiaomi devices anymore. Like someone has written before it seems that it may have something to do with the planned chat control in the EU. For that it speaks that this error only occurs to EU users.

The following from the support speaks for that theory as well:

"We hope you could understand that such operation will disable some of the built-in security features of the system, and those security features are part of what keeps the operating system safe and your data secure from exposure or corruption."
xiaomi can't do that simply because they'll lose a lot of money and even if they do it, people will find a way to unlock

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
someone on xiaomi.eu said "Another possibility is to use the tool "Xiaomi Professional Tool" use google if you are interested"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.