Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

patrickvh

Apr 17, 2005
Great news. No 'Please rebind' error with miflash_unlock-en-6.5.406.31 also anymore.
Have to wait 76 hours (3 days) so keep my fingers crossed the server(-s) do not break again.

deepblue2000

Apr 8, 2016
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow
can confirm it is working again (Mi11 Ultra)
but I have to wait 119 hours with my german and with my second created US account (US account other sim).
(I switched between two accounts a few times now, it does not start from 168hours again)

ok then wait till wednesday... ;(

Reactions: duttyend
Hi,

Great. COuld you detail all the steps you've done ?
- phone
- date creation EU account
- date first attempt with EU
?

Thanks
Hello Thomas,

I have the Xiaomi Pad 5.
My EU account is at least 2 years old.
I tried to unlock the device two weeks ago, after waiting the time (168h).
Yesterday I change to a new USA account, but Today I change again to my old EU account.
I haven't had to wait for anything.

Thank you.

Reactions: MasterBerkay

avathar

Dec 19, 2006
Krakow
I went back to my EU account. And now i have 111h to wait. I had 168h on US account. It seems that 111h is 168h minus 57h which is most likely my first try on EU account which ended with "rebind error"

Last edited:

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
so there is no way to remove account once put in developer options? for bootloade? do I have to keep the one from the United States even if I have an old one already after hours? I knew I had to wait thanks to everyone
You may have misunderstood why you need this account.

You only need it for unlocking once. After that, you can use any account you want and you can add/remove any acount you want.
No waiting, no unlocking after first unlock after 168 hours.

The Mi account is like your Google/Facebook/Instagram account, it is never added in developer options.
You only use developer options to verify you want to use your Mi account to unlock.
After that, you can freely remove it and use your EU account.

Your bootloader is unlocked and your phone does not care which account you use afterwards.
Unlocking deletes everything on your phone, including your accounts.
So if you boot it after unlocking, it asks you to add any account.

The Mi account is only for MIUI functions like "Find my Device" or Mi Cloud.
Most of us only use it one time to unlock the bootloader and never use or add it again.

stadotek

May 20, 2022
Potresti aver frainteso il motivo per cui hai bisogno di questo account.

Ti serve solo per lo sblocco una volta. Successivamente, puoi utilizzare qualsiasi account desideri e puoi aggiungere/rimuovere qualsiasi account desideri.
Nessuna attesa, nessuno sblocco dopo il primo sblocco dopo 168 ore.

L'account Mi è come il tuo account Google/Facebook/Instagram, non viene mai aggiunto nelle opzioni sviluppatore.
Utilizzi solo le opzioni sviluppatore per verificare che desideri utilizzare il tuo account Mi per sbloccare.
Successivamente, puoi rimuoverlo liberamente e utilizzare il tuo account UE.

Il tuo bootloader è sbloccato e al tuo telefono non importa quale account utilizzerai in seguito.
Lo sblocco elimina tutto sul tuo telefono, inclusi i tuoi account.
Quindi, se lo avvii dopo lo sblocco, ti chiede di aggiungere qualsiasi account.

L'account Mi è solo per funzioni MIUI come "Trova il mio dispositivo" o Mi Cloud.
La maggior parte di noi lo usa solo una volta per sbloccare il bootloader e non lo usa o aggiunge di nuovo.

stadotek

May 20, 2022
maybe we understood each other badly. due to the rebind problem I created a new US account, although I already have an old account where I have already spent 168 hours. I created a new account to unlock with mi unlock. I am asked to let the 168 hours pass. today they solved the problem so my question is: can I cancel the United States account from the ongoing unlocking procedure (168 hours) and link my old account so as not to wait all the hours? I remember my old account after 168 hours already. only this I want to understand so as not to reset the hours or even double the time by switching accounts

stadotek

May 20, 2022
You may have misunderstood why you need this account.

You only need it for unlocking once. After that, you can use any account you want and you can add/remove any acount you want.
No waiting, no unlocking after first unlock after 168 hours.

The Mi account is like your Google/Facebook/Instagram account, it is never added in developer options.
You only use developer options to verify you want to use your Mi account to unlock.
After that, you can freely remove it and use your EU account.

Your bootloader is unlocked and your phone does not care which account you use afterwards.
Unlocking deletes everything on your phone, including your accounts.
So if you boot it after unlocking, it asks you to add any account.

The Mi account is only for MIUI functions like "Find my Device" or Mi Cloud.
Most of us only use it one time to unlock the bootloader and never use or add it again.

lakyman

Aug 25, 2008
Montpellier
Your account will be reseted and the wait time will add 168 hours to your current one ! i suggest you to wait until your unlocked your bootloader before binding your old account !

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
maybe we understood each other badly. due to the rebind problem I created a new US account, although I already have an old account where I have already spent 168 hours. I created a new account to unlock with mi unlock. I am asked to let the 168 hours pass. today they solved the problem so my question is: can I cancel the United States account from the ongoing unlocking procedure (168 hours) and link my old account so as not to wait all the hours? I remember my old account after 168 hours already. only this I want to understand so as not to reset the hours or even double the time by switching accounts
Yes, we misunderstood each other.
But as I said, you just wait with your US account, unlock your phone with it, then you can use your EU account for Mi services, if you want.
When you unlock your bootloader with your US account, it will be deleted from your phone with all your data.

You can always switch your account, but don't do it now or your timer will reset.
Just wait, unlock, then use any account you want. It makes no difference after unlocking and you don't need any account anymore, unless you lock your bootloader and need to unlock again, I think.

Reactions: duttyend

AlUrNiMa

May 1, 2015
Duesseldorf
No Problems anymore with Unlocking my F3.
EU-Region (German Account+Number)
Version: 6.5.406.31

Waiting time was over last Sunday. I did not rebind it to a new (US) Account etc.
Sometimes waiting for them to solve the Error works.
_______
OT:
Interesting discussions with the new EU Chat Law etc.
But do not forget guys that is not yet the law and has to pass first and takes (as always) a lot of time to implement EU-wide. I do not think the European market is that important to Xiaomi that they would immediately or at all bow down to every stupid new EU Law...as most companies didn't, especially not immediately. Always a long process this stuff...that's why it so boring and annoying...called politics and laws....lol. :LOL:

noxxio

Feb 4, 2009
Karlsruhe
hmm strange for me the error from yesterday still comes.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 58

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.