Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
hmm strange for me the error from yesterday still comes.
Maybe you haven't added your phone number and device to your Mi account. Check if your number and device show up in your Mi account management. Then go to Mi Unlock Status in developer options and authorize both.

If you never had a countdown, you could try registering a new account with your phone number on your phone, then go to Mi Unlock Status and authorize your phone and SIM combo.
Oh, and also enable "OEM Unlock" in developer options as well, if you haven't already.

etillxd

Apr 16, 2018
The tool now also tells me that i have to wait 20 hours, which makes sense considering i first tried unlocking it last saturday, also it didn't tell me to reconnect my mi account in the dev. settings this time.

etillxd

Apr 16, 2018
The tool now also tells me that i have to wait 20 hours, which makes sense considering i first tried unlocking it last saturday, also it didn't tell me to reconnect my mi account in the dev. settings this time.
Also, i tried switching to an US account twice (which didn't solve the issue) and logged out and back in an again from my mi account on my phone multiple times, but it doesn't look like the timer from my original account has been reset.

Thibobo

May 14, 2022
switched back to my us and this one displays the countdown correclty, i'll unlock i hope on monday
My eu account still says not authorised to unlock

1653059893939.png

eazY_91

May 14, 2022
Just for your informations:

I had the rebind error on my eu account after first unlock try.

Created a us account successfully and switched my phone number to it. Currently had 17 hours left.

Since i like living risky i changed back to my eu account. Since there were some time left and i thought it may be worth a try to spare some of the time.
So linked my phone number again to my eu account. Logged out from the us one on the phone, back into the eu one. Went to the developer options and clicked on mi unlock status and tried to unlock it again.
Bammm down to 6 hours now.
So if you got the rebind error and switched to an us account, don´t worry and switch back to your old one, even if the unlock tool says it will get back to 168h when logging out, it doesn´t.

Reactions: 1695 and duttyend

doirdan

May 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say that it weren't working for me the last weekend but since many people experienced the same issue I have just waited without changing anything about my account. Now, it is working! I suppose they had fixed their servers.
CaptureMIUNlock.PNG

Reactions: AlUrNiMa

MasterBerkay

May 2, 2020
1653061189052.png

Unlocking finally worked.

I had waited for a week, but I started the timer before the issue was there.
Then when I wanted to unlock it, it gave me the rebind error issue.
So I made a new US account linked it as well to my phone and started timer on that one as well

But now I just switched back to the EU account linked it again in mi unlock status and could unlock it instantly finally.

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
I confirm that in my case the countdown currently displayed coincides with the day I tried to unlock it for the first (and only) time. So I have to wait until Monday to do it. I always used an EU region account, so I don't dare to change it for less than three days of waiting. 🤞🤞

elchivy

May 15, 2022
1653063869589.png

Just unlocked.

In my case last friday I tried with spanish account and got rebind error. On sunday I crated a new US account and got 168h waiting time.

Today I switched back to my spanish account and got no waiting time.

no111one

Nov 30, 2020
Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy S4
Okay, let's just claim Xiaomi as usual has poor software QC and this time made the unlock servers buggy as hell, making them unusable.
From what I saw, there is also a global MIUI user here, not only EEA MIUI users.

treves1

May 19, 2022
with my us account, my contdown to date was about 126 hours.

I wanted to try what would happen if I tried the unlock with my European account again today, result, no "rebind" but I got a new 168 hour counter.

So I reconnected with my old us account, and I (fortunately) got a 126 hour counter again.

Now I stay like this, I don't want to do any more tests, I'll wait.
I was curious and I did these tests.

noxxio

Feb 4, 2009
Karlsruhe
Now that I've got the error that I'm not authorized for the unlock (with my EU Account), I'll wait until sunday, because that's when the waiting time for the US account expires, and if this also fails, the N9P will be passed on to the family and I'm switching to a G Pixel6.

D

Deleted member 12127065

Finally! The long wait is over. Now I flash first back to 12.5.7.0 and then comes LineageOS on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.