Mi Unlock Tool is showing The phone has been locked by the account 186****158 by searching the phone and cannot be unlocked

Search This thread
May 24, 2022
Hello everyone,
I want to unlock bootloader of an old xiaomi redmi note 4 but i am having few problems.

⇒In the mi unlock status while using mobile data and clicking "Add account and devices" i am getting Error code 20091 in MIUI v11.0.2.0
So i downgrade the rom to MIUI Global 8.5.8.0 (NCFMIED) and now it's showing couldn't verify wait a minute or two .
(note: In the unlocking process i have also enabled OEM unlocking and USB debugging)

Although I know that it is crucial to bind the account with the device for unlocking process but I used the MI Unlock Tool to see what it shows.

⇒I used MI Unlock Tool version 6.5.406.31 And updated my driver but the unlocking process failed and showing me this—
Screenshot 2022-05-23 193940.png
By using google translate it's says—
"The phone has been locked by the account 186****158 by searching the phone and cannot be unlocked"
I have searched about it in google but there is very little information about it and none are helpful.
Also I have post this problem on MI Forum but so far no answers.

Can someone please give a solution to this problem. 🙏

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello everyone,
I want to unlock bootloader of an old xiaomi redmi note 4 but i am having few problems.

⇒In the mi unlock status while using mobile data and clicking "Add account and devices" i am getting Error code 20091 in MIUI v11.0.2.0
So i downgrade the rom to MIUI Global 8.5.8.0 (NCFMIED) and now it's showing couldn't verify wait a minute or two .
(note: In the unlocking process i have also enabled OEM unlocking and USB debugging)

Although I know that it is crucial to bind the account with the device for unlocking process but I used the MI Unlock Tool to see what it shows.

⇒I used MI Unlock Tool version 6.5.406.31 And updated my driver but the unlocking process failed and showing me this—
"The phone has been locked by the account 186****158 by searching the phone and cannot be unlocked"
I have searched about it in google but there is very little information about it and none are helpful.

How did you downgrade with a locked bootloader?
Does the account number match yours?
Check here if the phone appears.
https://us.i.mi.com/

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
1) By connecting edl testpoint and using MiFlash I have downgraded my rom.
2) If you mean the account of my phone and the log-in account of the unlock tool are the same then yes they are.
3) Yes my account appears in https://us.i.mi.com/
So you have a special account otherwise it is the account of the one who uses the EDL mode which is necessary to unlock the bootloader.

May 24, 2022
Normally to flash in EDL mode with Miflash, the account must have a special authorization that only Xiaomi repair centers or some developers have.
I have watched a youtube video about this process and there he didn't mention anything about having special authorization for EDL mode flash for this device.

So what does it mean that only someone from Xiaomi repair center can unlock bootloader for this device?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I have watched a youtube video about this process and there he didn't mention anything about having special authorization for EDL mode flash for this device.

So what does it mean that only someone from Xiaomi repair center can unlock bootloader for this device?
So you found or stole a xiaomi with the bootloader locked, you flash it in EDL mode and voila?
One example among many others.

https://xdaforums.com/t/please-help...r-recovery-or-fastboot.4287635/#post-85177123

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Thanks for answering my questions so far.

This phone is not originally mine. My big brother broke his phone and one of his friend gave this phone to him and now that he has bought a new phone he no longer need this phone and gave it to me and when I got the device it was fully functional but I hate MIUI so I decided to use custom rom on it. That's why I was looking for a way to unlock the bootloader.

It is possible that my brother friend got the phone from someone shady who stole it or found it and the original owner locked it.
But you wrote
"1) By connecting edl testpoint and using MiFlash I have downgraded my rom."
Could you be more precise?

May 24, 2022
But you wrote
"1) By connecting edl testpoint and using MiFlash I have downgraded my rom."
Could you be more precise?
Yes when I got the phone it was fully functional running on MIUI v11.0.2.0 and when I tried to unlock the bootloader with official methods I was getting errors so I tried to solve this problem by watching youtube tutorials but none of them work except for one video where he showed this error problem can only be solved by downgrading the rom and to downgrade I need to connect EDL testpoint for this device. But after downgrading the rom to MIUI Global 8.5.8.0 (NCFMIED) another problem occurs now it's showing couldn't verify wait a minute or two.

This is the youtube video but it's in Hindi language.
If you click on the link I recommend you to skip to 17 second's

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Yes when I got the phone it was fully functional running on MIUI v11.0.2.0 and when I tried to unlock the bootloader with official methods I was getting errors so I tried to solve this problem by watching youtube tutorials but none of them work except for one video where he showed this error problem can only be solved by downgrading the rom and to downgrade I need to connect EDL testpoint for this device. But after downgrading the rom to MIUI Global 8.5.8.0 (NCFMIED) another problem occurs now it's showing couldn't verify wait a minute or two.

This is the youtube video but it's in Hindi language.
If you click on the link I recommend you to skip to 17 second's
account 186****158 is your account?

"3) Yes my account appears in https://us.i.mi.com/"but your phone?
Try to use Miunlock en-4.5.813.51
Try with VPN.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
My Mi account ID is 6553842307
And yes I can see this phone in find device option.

And by using vpn and Mi Unlock v4.5.813.51 I get to this page after login.
What's the next step?
You must sign in,preferably with your email address or the flash code.
But if your account does not correspond to the one indicated in the first post means that the owner has not deleted this phone from his account (which is done in the event of a sale) and without his identifiers the unlocking is impossible.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022
You must sign in,preferably with your email address or the flash code.
But if your account does not correspond to the one indicated in the first post means that the owner has not deleted this phone from his account (which is done in the event of a sale) and without his identifiers the unlocking is impossible.
I've tried to add recovery email but I'm stuck on this page where it says this
Screenshot_2022-05-26-14-01-16-313_com.xiaomi.account copy.jpg
I've checked my gmail inbox and spam but there is no verification mail from xiaomi and I've tried using phone and Mi account option for signin but it always stuck on this Checking for security issues... page
Screenshot 2022-05-26 140420.png

The only way I can sign-in is using QR code and it takes me to this page
Screenshot 2022-05-26 154836.png

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I've tried to add recovery email but I'm stuck on this page where it says this
View attachment 5623243
I've checked my gmail inbox and spam but there is no verification mail from xiaomi and I've tried using phone and Mi account option for signin but it always stuck on this Checking for security issues... pageView attachment 5623245
The only way I can sign-in is using QR code and it takes me to this pageView attachment 5623303
Try reset password but as indicated above if the account does not match, it will not work.

May 24, 2022
Try reset password but as indicated above if the account does not match, it will not work.
I can change the password using the phone but I have tried it before and now to reset password via Mi Unlock but it always seems to stuck on the Checking for security issues... page.

So I guess there is no other solution to this problem other than try to contact the original owner or Xiaomi services center.

Thanks for listening to my problem and trying your best to help.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I can change the password using the phone but I have tried it before and now to reset password via Mi Unlock but it always seems to stuck on the Checking for security issues... page.

So I guess there is no other solution to this problem other than try to contact the original owner or Xiaomi services center.

Thanks for listening to my problem and trying your best to help.
Xiaomi center can't do anything for you, only the owner can.

KokaiBalazs- dev

Account currently disabled
Sep 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

Same :cry::cry::cry::cry: