Mi Unlock Tool not detecting device.

Search This thread

Shoeless03

May 16, 2021
Anyone know how to fix this issue? I think ive done all the steps correctly : OEM turned on, USB Debugging turned on, add account and device successfully, created MI account, ive even factory rested my device and done everything again but still my device is not detected in MI unlock tool. Device version MIUI Global 12.0.4 and using MI Unlock Tool versin 5.5.224.24.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I think ive done all the steps correctly : OEM turned on, USB Debugging turned on, add account and device successfully, created MI account, ive even factory rested my device and done everything again but still my device is not detected in MI unlock tool. Device version MIUI Global 12.0.4 and using MI Unlock Tool versin 5.5.224.24.
It's a driver problem I have faced the same and by changing the usb drivers I was able to get me device detected. I'll drop a link for you so you can download.

Reactions: Shoeless03
Below drivers will save you from this problem. Device will be detected by your pc

Reactions: oasis1701

Shoeless03

May 16, 2021
Mention not. Glad to help
Hello again, i was wondering if you could help me. Is this normal? its been unlocking for more than an hour, do i redo the process?
1621160672695.png

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
Can anybody explain to me how to install the drivers I downloaded from the link provided in this thread?

I already installed the qualcomm drivers.

I downloaded the file and unzipped it. The thing is my phone is recognized as a mi 9t pro in device manager and the driver used is MTP USB device. Windows doesn't let me install the drivers I downloaded. Its says that the best driver for the device is already installed.

EDIT:
Tried the mi unlock tool again and now it recognized my device. Proceeded to click unlock and the phone immediately rebooted and was unlocked. No waiting period as I expected.
That was weird or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a driver problem I have faced the same and by changing the usb drivers I was able to get me device detected. I'll drop a link for you so you can download.

Below drivers will save you from this problem. Device will be detected by your pc
    Thanks for your reply, i downloaded the rar, how do I apply it?
    Nevermind, i figured it out, and it worked perfectly, MI unlock now detects my device. Thank you very much!