• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi10 Pro Global Version no dual sim version?

Search This thread

iofujsiow

Dec 10, 2017
can anyone clarify this, if i import mi 10 pro from china and flash miui eu rom to it, does the rom support dual sim?
and based on some comments from this thread, 5g will not work if both sims are activated? one must be switched off in order to use 5g? thanks

cedric3320

Sep 27, 2009
can anyone clarify this, if i import mi 10 pro from china and flash miui eu rom to it, does the rom support dual sim?
and based on some comments from this thread, 5g will not work if both sims are activated? one must be switched off in order to use 5g? thanks

Hello,
Mi 10 pro from China as dual SIM without to flash miui.eu rom but miss some 4G bands (like B20 and B28) ND only China and English language inside.

If you buy Mi 10 pro global (with all languages) you will have all 4G bands but only one sim. So need to flash miui.eu rom and buy a dual SIM tray tool to support dual SIM .... And yes, in that case, 5G work only if one of them is off.

Mister.shoxa

Sep 8, 2018
Does anyone has video instruction about how to make dual sim Mi 10 global version

Hello,
Mi 10 pro from China as dual SIM without to flash miui.eu rom but miss some 4G bands (like B20 and B28) ND only China and English language inside.

If you buy Mi 10 pro global (with all languages) you will have all 4G bands but only one sim. So need to flash miui.eu rom and buy a dual SIM tray tool to support dual SIM .... And yes, in that case, 5G work only if one of them is off.

Does anyone has video instruction about how to make dual sim Mi 10 global version (model: m2001j2g)?

htorrado1979

Dec 31, 2012
Mi 10 Dual sim

guys, i bought a global Mi 10, and the unlocked it, flashed EU ROM and now 2 sim active! but there is a problem, in my country, to stop the smugglers,you have to register your IMEI so i tried to do that, But in Global model the IMEI1 and IMEI 2 are completely different! THE TAC part of IMEI is starting with 8602 and the second one starts with 8615!!!! completely different and the custom of my country don't let me to register both IMEIs!
So friends, someone with China Package, would you please check that the TAC part of IMEI ( the first 6 numbers of IMEI) are the same or completely different like mine!!! Friends that have global and activated sim 2, yours are different like mine?
Thanks in advance
Hello, how are you? I am in the same situation as you. I am from Colombia and buy my Mi 10 pro and the use of the 2 sims is important to me. I have not yet installed the version of Rom Eu but I know that doing so will give me a valid (real) imei tac and the other not being the latter impossible to register in my country because of the control they are doing. Can you tell me if you have found any solution or progress on it? Thank you

iofujsiow

Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

Hi thanks for the reply, as for the 5G one, i am still confused here.
so you meant you have to completely switch off one sim (no signal, can't receive text) at all in order to show the 5G icon/signal for the other sim? My friend in China told me that you can still have 5G when the other sim is on stand by, for example, browsing internet with 5G and receive text message with the other sim at the same time, not for call tho, 5G will get cut off when picking call with ther other sim.
is this because of the limitation of flashing miui.eu rom? I am planning to get the chinese one and flash miui.eu on it. if I can't use 2 sims at the same time I will most likely back out.

iofujsiow

Dec 10, 2017
Yes, second sim off, can your friend put a picture with 5g and other sim on?

I was able to find this video on bilibili here (at 0:08 and 01:01)clearly shows that one sim is on 5g while the other one is on 4g. and i also capture a screenshot here

I also contacted xiaomi customer support in China for clarification, both sims can be on 'standby' at the same time, one can receive text while the other one is used for 5g at the same time, not for call tho.

That's why I am confused here, dual sim dual standby is the norm for chinese phones nowadays, redmi 10x is able to have dual 5g standby while I was told here flagship mi10 can only have one 5g standby while the other sim must be swtiched off? is this due to the limitations of overseas versions/rom? or maybe, the chinese 5g is different than the 5g outside of china?

Last edited:

-fluffy-

Aug 24, 2008
Gislev
I was able to find this video on bilibili here (at 0:08 and 01:01)clearly shows that one sim is on 5g while the other one is on 4g. and i also capture a screenshot here

I also contacted xiaomi customer support in China for clarification, both sims can be on 'standby' at the same time, one can receive text while the other one is used for 5g at the same time, not for call tho.

That's why I am confused here, dual sim dual standby is the norm for chinese phones nowadays, redmi 10x is able to have dual 5g standby while I was told here flagship mi10 can only have one 5g standby while the other sim must be swtiched off? is this due to the limitations of overseas versions/rom? or maybe, the chinese 5g is different than the 5g outside of china?
well i think it need to be actived because op8pro also use x55modem an 865 an that one have dual 5G standby

rd-Target

Mar 17, 2008
Næstved
I'm considering buying a Mi 10 to replace my Mi 9, but dual SIM is a must-have for me. So I'm excited to read that you can enable dual SIM on this phone, just by buying another SIM car holder (and installing Xiaomi.eu ROM, but I would have done that anyway :))
But if I were to buy the phone in Twilight Grey, which SIM card holder would fit best from eBay? I can only seem to find blue, gold, black and silver on eBay.
When looking at the images on eBay though, it seems like the one the call black (in one ad it's called Titanium Silver Black) would be the best fit. And it seems like the one they call blue would fit for the Coral Green color Mi 10.

Edit: I've just ordered both the black and blue from eBay... :D

Last edited:

wooki

Dec 24, 2005
Xiaomi Mi 10
1. I can confirm that the Xiaomi.eu firmware restores dual SIM function in global version of the phone (while still including LTE hand 20 support). https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-12.206/
2. you can either DIY and cut a second SIM hole in your try or buy a dual SIM tray and use it. I bought mine on eBay but AliExpress also offers them. Example link for eBay listing: https://www.ebay.de/itm/333617196205

Small note: I don't have access to 5g, can't test it. :(

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi 10 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_061903.jpg
    IMG_20200728_061903.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 356

XDA00000

May 17, 2013
London
Hi there, Does anyone have a step by step instructions on how to make single sim to dual sim on My Xiaomi Mi 10 UK version

What will unlocking the bootloader do to the phone? I mean do I need to save the DRM Keys etc

I have not flashed a ROM on a phone for over 5-6 years so I have forgotten now

Thanks

PS.. I bought this one:

Only has -1 imei number printed on box

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-128...ywords=xiaomi+mi+10+pro&qid=1596127209&sr=8-1

Last edited:

[email protected]|-|oR

Sep 4, 2012
Niš
HTC One X
HTC Desire
too old to remember every step

I find this thread most suitable for my question.

Received my new Mi10 8/128 this morning, After first setup, downloaded and installed MIUI 12, and applied for BL unlock.
While waiting for it, tried a bit if I still remember how to flasj software etc.
So, I have installed "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3" and "miflash_unlock-en-4.5.813.51" and also started "MiUsbDriver" which asked me to connect the phone in fastboot mode in order to install drivers.
Alright.
Booted the phone in fastboot mode and connected it to PC, with USB debugging on.

"fastboot devices" returns a message with some code
"fastboot reboot" reboots the phone
while
"adb devices" returns an empty dialog
"adb reboot" says that he doesn't see a device or an emulator

I guess it's something with drivers. Anybody could help with some advices?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HALLELUJAH,
    IT'S WORKING ??????
    I spend around 3 hours to modify the sim trail in order to put inside my 2 sim cards.
    And I confirm that the 2 sim cards work great in a Global Mi 10 ( with b20 band and only 1 sim) flash with Xiaomi.eu rom.

Champagne ????.

No need to buy the china version, just the global one and a double sim trail.

Look at the pictures below
    Hi!
    Today I also transformed my global mi10 single SIM into dual SIM. I finally got the permission for unlock. Flashed the latest miui 11 developer by xiaomi.eu.
    I had cut the SIM tray a while ago and looks like I did a good job with it, although I recommend buying a chinese sim tray, as it was very difficult to do it and I am still afraid that it could get stuck in the phone :). I won't take it out again until the chinese one arrives.Screenshot_2020-05-12-17-05-23-502_com.android.phone.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
    Hi I live in the Netherlands and the pro version is listed as dual SIM in the title off the product.

I pre ordered this phone but if it turns out it's single sim I will return the phone.
    only cn phones have dual sim
    my mi 10 global has only 1 sim but but it have space so we can put in a dual simcard holder
    i will try later because i also have the cn version
    Congrats mate!!!! What do you mean by modifying the sim tray? what did you do to it to modify it? Where did you buy the tray from, and how is the color compared to the rest of the phone? Im guessing the BUG with the camera and youtube still exists in the xiomi.eu rom? please share your findings mate, alot of people are awaiting these results :):) including me. happy saturday

Hi,
    Look at the pictures attached on my post if you can.
    I cut my original sim tray where there is plastic instead of whole for the secondary sim card??
    And I've no bug with the rom ... It's work like a charm.
    I've flash this one
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261761188
    No bug with camera or YouTube. All is good ??
    an even wireless charge works with case on