Mi10 Pro Global Version no dual sim version?

Search This thread

johanveld

Jan 6, 2014
i have allways used oneplus (since they came on the marked)
but the never settle dont match up with the price on oneplus anymore
price is going up but its allmost the same price now as apple an samsung
but the function off the firmware is the same as a cheap phone
on that part xiaomi is way ahead of oneplus

I agree with the pricing. OnePlus is not cheap anymore. But the mi 10 is also not a cheap phone. But I see myself willing to pay more now because phones are how more part of our life's then ever. It has completely replaced my laptop, photo camera, wallet. and much more. I use my phone around 3 to 5 hour's a day.

I try to keep a phone for 2 years and am now on a OnePlus 5t. It served me well but the bigger screen, 5g and improved camera zoom is what I am looking for most. Speed of my old phone is still fine. I always give my old phone away to someone in the family that needs a new one but can't afford to buy one.

Why 5g, because I am an mobile network engineer and build the towers myself. It's cool to use the newest technologies.

I use a dual SIM because of my work number. By boss gives me unlimited data and my own subscription is the cheapest I could find at 2.50 euro a month. I only use it for calling and WhatsApp. If I would Carry 2 phones I would need a bigger subscription with 20 gb data. That would cost me around 24 per month. The money I save I can now use for a more expensive phone.

Reactions: TheSilent3327

1n9i9c7om

Oct 16, 2013
Even with just 1 IMEI, it should still be possible to assign the same IMEI to both sim slots and use them on different carrier networks. So one IMEI isn't really a problem, just a... limitation?

Just out of curiosity, would it be legal to assign an IMEI from another phone to it (which isn't being used anymore or dead)? Or could that get someone into trouble?

-fluffy-

Aug 24, 2008
Gislev
Even with just 1 IMEI, it should still be possible to assign the same IMEI to both sim slots and use them on different carrier networks. So one IMEI isn't really a problem, just a... limitation?

Just out of curiosity, would it be legal to assign an IMEI from another phone to it (which isn't being used anymore or dead)? Or could that get someone into trouble?
no its not legal
but many have done it

kiko902

Mar 14, 2016
Okay.
Have you tried unlocking Dual-SIM by flashing xiaomi.eu? I'd try it as soon as my phone gets delivered, but apparently mi.com orders are delayed - at least in Germany. I also don't have a dual sim tray. :mad:

Please keep us posted about the result if you flash the xiaomi.eu

In ebay you can buy a dual sim tray for the Mi 10 ?

Apr 12, 2020
I want to buy a Mi 10 Pro, but here are my considerations:

I live in Hong Kong and I use Google services more than a lot, so naturally, i would want to get a Hong Kong Mi 10 Pro. But the big, big issue there is, the Hong Kong Mi 10 Pro OS only supports single sim (although physically, the sim tray has spaces for sim 1 and sim 2 though sim 2 space is blocked - like the previous post, I can go online and get a dual sim tray easy). Long story short, i really need dual sim.

If I get the China Mi 10 Pro, then, a) i will lose all local warranty (not preferred), b) I get plenty of bloatwares, and c) there is no natural Google integration - for all those reasons, I am real worried getting a China Mi 10 Pro.

So, Google integration vs Dual Sim... i am really not sure what I will need more in the longer future - not now anyway.

OK - now even if I get a Hong Kong Mi 10 Pro (single sim), i am afraid even if i get a dual sim try and flash the phone with China Mi OS, i wont get dual sim support - I have not tried. through. But the two phones are not identical per se, just look at the 4g and 5g brands they support, they are obviously different.

There are some rumors that Xiaomi will push esim feature to Hong Kong Mi 10 Pro in the near future, but I believe esim requires a module in the phone - but I am just not sure if the phone has that module physically installed. Any thoughts?

I am real baffled. I just want a good phone with dual sim and natural google integration.

Many thanks for thoughts.

BF

Last edited:

ylan128

Nov 4, 2015
I have a mi 10 pro China version, I has dual SIM slot. You can download play store and all the Google stuff without modification except Google Assistant, xiaomi has their own. The dual SIM works fine.
I already flash the global Rom and I can confirm that it has no dual SIM support. So I think it's just a limitation on the global Rom.
Is there a way to enable that?

anfederin

Jan 7, 2011
I have a mi 10 pro China version, I has dual SIM slot. You can download play store and all the Google stuff without modification except Google Assistant, xiaomi has their own. The dual SIM works fine.
I already flash the global Rom and I can confirm that it has no dual SIM support. So I think it's just a limitation on the global Rom.
Is there a way to enable that?
Someone said than flashing EU Beta (weekly) It Will has dualsim support

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk

QAM

Hola
I want to add to this conversation. I bought my Mi 10 8GB RAM / 128GB Storage - GLOBAL version from giztop. I waited a week before I was able to unlock the bootloader to install Xiaomi.EU weekly MiUI 11 ROM. I now see that if I dial *#06#* it actually shows up with 2 IMEI numbers! The problem is that I don't have a dual SIM tray to test it out. I will order the dual SIM tray from AliExpress but this will take 1 month before it reaches where I am. Can anyone confirm if they get the same dual IMEI numbers listed?

Reactions: da_makaO

-fluffy-

Aug 24, 2008
Gislev
Hola
I want to add to this conversation. I bought my Mi 10 8GB RAM / 128GB Storage - GLOBAL version from giztop. I waited a week before I was able to unlock the bootloader to install Xiaomi.EU weekly MiUI 11 ROM. I now see that if I dial *#06#* it actually shows up with 2 IMEI numbers! The problem is that I don't have a dual SIM tray to test it out. I will order the dual SIM tray from AliExpress but this will take 1 month before it reaches where I am. Can anyone confirm if they get the same dual IMEI numbers listed?
can u tell id the imie is the same

cedric3320

Sep 27, 2009
Hello,
I confirm that after flashing the rom from xamiui.eu on my global mi 10 (with b20 band), my phone as 2 differents IMEI ??
It's seem to be just a software restriction from Xiaomi outside China ...

Last edited:
Reactions: kaft001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HALLELUJAH,
    IT'S WORKING ??????
    I spend around 3 hours to modify the sim trail in order to put inside my 2 sim cards.
    And I confirm that the 2 sim cards work great in a Global Mi 10 ( with b20 band and only 1 sim) flash with Xiaomi.eu rom.

Champagne ????.

No need to buy the china version, just the global one and a double sim trail.

Look at the pictures below
    Hi!
    Today I also transformed my global mi10 single SIM into dual SIM. I finally got the permission for unlock. Flashed the latest miui 11 developer by xiaomi.eu.
    I had cut the SIM tray a while ago and looks like I did a good job with it, although I recommend buying a chinese sim tray, as it was very difficult to do it and I am still afraid that it could get stuck in the phone :). I won't take it out again until the chinese one arrives. Screenshot_2020-05-12-17-05-23-502_com.android.phone.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
    Hi I live in the Netherlands and the pro version is listed as dual SIM in the title off the product.

I pre ordered this phone but if it turns out it's single sim I will return the phone.
    only cn phones have dual sim
    my mi 10 global has only 1 sim but but it have space so we can put in a dual simcard holder
    i will try later because i also have the cn version
    Congrats mate!!!! What do you mean by modifying the sim tray? what did you do to it to modify it? Where did you buy the tray from, and how is the color compared to the rest of the phone? Im guessing the BUG with the camera and youtube still exists in the xiomi.eu rom? please share your findings mate, alot of people are awaiting these results :):) including me. happy saturday

Hi,
    Look at the pictures attached on my post if you can.
    I cut my original sim tray where there is plastic instead of whole for the secondary sim card??
    And I've no bug with the rom ... It's work like a charm.
    I've flash this one
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261761188
    No bug with camera or YouTube. All is good ??
    an even wireless charge works with case on