Question Mi11i hard bricked

Search This thread

user345643234

Oct 4, 2022
I tried to install Project Elixir and my phone is hard bricked now... Brick is result of attempting to boot system on TWRP, slot A. Device is in EDL state I guess, because when I connect it by USB, it shows in device manager. I downloaded necessary driver and MiFlash, but I receive information that it can't connect to device: "write time out, maybe device was disconnected". I also removed back cover to find some test spots, but I can't find them. Is it something I can do?

michielm74

Nov 25, 2010
Are you sure you use the right cable? There are USB cables only suitable for charging not for data communication.

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
I tried to install Project Elixir and my phone is hard bricked now... Brick is result of attempting to boot system on TWRP, slot A. Device is in EDL state I guess, because when I connect it by USB, it shows in device manager. I downloaded necessary driver and MiFlash, but I receive information that it can't connect to device: "write time out, maybe device was disconnected". I also removed back cover to find some test spots, but I can't find them. Is it something I can do?
This video may help you

You may contact the following person he will surely help you
[email protected]

Last edited:

user345643234

Oct 4, 2022
Are you sure you use the right cable? There are USB cables only suitable for charging not for data communication.

I remember that I used this cable to transfer .zip OS file to phone, so transferring was working under TWRP earlier.

This video may help you

You may contact the following person he will surely help you
[email protected]

Unfortunately Mi 11i has different layout of things under the back cover than phone presented in video.

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
I remember that I used this cable to transfer .zip OS file to phone, so transferring was working under TWRP earlier.

Unfortunately Mi 11i has different layout of things under the back cover than phone presented in video.
Actually yes I just gave you an idea of how things would work.

1664879683631.png

asad007

Oct 14, 2011
i think Miflash tool wont work in EDL mode, refer this guide this might help you revive your phone :

user345643234

Oct 4, 2022
Actually yes I just gave you an idea of how things would work.

View attachment 5726623

Ok. This layout is also different too. I can't find these two holes under the hood.

i think Miflash tool wont work in EDL mode, refer this guide this might help you revive your phone :

Thanks. Tbh I'm not sure, if it's even in EDL mode, because I noticed that QPST shows infinitely loading green bar in "State" column. Phone reacts to + and power buttons, because when I press it, MiFlash and QPST don't even recognize it properly. When I press - and power buttons, device is recognized in MiFlash. In QPST there is also some info about it.

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Ok. This layout is also different too. I can't find these two holes under the hood.

Thanks. Tbh I'm not sure, if it's even in EDL mode, because I noticed that QPST shows infinitely loading green bar in "State" column. Phone reacts to + and power buttons, because when I press it, MiFlash and QPST don't even recognize it properly. When I press - and power buttons, device is recognized in MiFlash. In QPST there is also some info about it.
Do you have appropriate drivers installed? QD loader 9008 drivers

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco