Mi3 vs Mi3w vs Mi3s

Search This thread

neversaynever

Oct 27, 2010
Are there any differences between the phones?
I know that there are only 2 versions:
1. MI3 - Tegra
2. MI3 - WCDMA

I've noticed that the position of the main microphone (four small holes) at the top varies.

On some variants it is next to the headphone jack :

Xiaomi-MI3.jpg

On others it is on the opposite end from the headphone jack :

0041.jpg

xiaomi-mi3-june-2014-review-simslot.jpg

Almost all the back covers I've seen online cater to the first (I believe the Tegra - TD version).

hadron

Jan 12, 2009
Hi

Share all your Knowledge and Difference Between Mi3 & Mi3w (Indian Version), Mi3s (Singapore Version)

Mi3 Versions

Mi3 - China Version
Mi3w - Indian version
Mi3s - Singapore Version

There is No MI3S
Only two versions
Mi3 TDCDMA version with Tegra4 CPU (Only for China mobile)
Mi3W WCDMA version with SnapDragon 800 CPU (for China Telecom and all International Markets)

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
Mi3S? Are you sure about that?

Xiaomi usually adds an 'S' to the model number only when they release a revamped version of a previous model.
Hongmi / Hongmi 1S (Redmi)
Mi1 / Mi1S
Mi2 / Mi2S

Also 2G and 3G frequencies in Singapore and India are same, so there is need to release a seperate model for each country unless the Singapore version supports 4G.

Last edited:

thewonderer

Jul 15, 2010
Hi, I am in China at the moment looking for the Mi3W WCDMA version with SnapDragon 800 CPU (for China Telecom and all International Markets). I did see a shop with the Tegra 4 version which I did not want as I want the phone for Australia and I imagine that most ROMS here will be snapdragon 800. I was ready to buy the phone today at another shop but they couldn't give me a clear indication as to which version they had. Language was the main issue and when i looked at one which was working, I couldn't see ARM or snapdragon.

I really want to get this phone but need something in Chinese to indicate that they are supplying the correct phone to me... maybe there is a clue on the outside of box I could look at ID sticker that may confirm the processor. It seems from this thread that if it is China telecom model then it will be the WCDMA.

Any help appreciated.

ykkhern

Jan 1, 2010
For Mi3W WCDMA in Chinese:

联通版 WCDMA
SnapDragon 800 -> 晓龙 800

If I were you, I'll not buy the phone from any shop other than Xiaomi, especially in China because there are a lot of fake out there.

feed3

Nov 17, 2011
The Land of Hornbill...
Hi

Share all your Knowledge and Difference Between Mi3 & Mi3w (Indian Version), Mi3s (Singapore Version)

Mi3 Versions

Mi3 - China Version
Mi3w - Indian version
Mi3s - Singapore Version

What the .... Mi3W in Singapore, Malaysia and other international version. Mi3S is NOT exist. Get your fact straight first before come to beg for "thanks" here..

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

Vaibhavverma2710

Nov 27, 2012
Faridabad
www.vaibhavverma.com
What the .... Mi3W in Singapore, Malaysia and other international version. Mi3S is NOT exist. Get your fact straight first before come to beg for "thanks" here..

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

This is not my fault if there is something exist on internet MI3s

Mi3s On xiaomi official Site
http://www.xiaomiworld.com/xiaomi-mi3s.html

at Phone arena
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Xiaomi-Mi3S_id8581

at GSM Arena
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi3s_leaks_with_snapdragon_801_and_android_kitkat-news-8439.php

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMYXtDb6_eI

Mi3s is on net Just Google it first.

View attachment 2915129

Last edited:

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore

Whatever it is, its not OFFICALLY announced yet so we can just simply cross-out the MI3S name first. The sources that you gave me are not really official. Xiaomiworld is just an EU warehouse that gets supplies from Xiaomi. So yea its not rly official.

Via the Internet

Reactions: Mr. 23

reneftw

May 1, 2011
Whatever it is, its not OFFICALLY announced yet so we can just simply cross-out the MI3S name first. The sources that you gave me are not really official. Xiaomiworld is just an EU warehouse that gets supplies from Xiaomi. So yea its not rly official.

Via the Internet
Don't feed the troll, please!
He doesn't see very well to notice that the mi3s he is talking about it's actually the mi4.

Top Liked Posts