Mic Volume Issues after CyanogenMod on HTC Magic/Sapphire

Search This thread

alpha7158

Sep 19, 2009
This post contains all the info needed to fix the low microphone volume and low speaker volume issue on the HTC Magic/Sapphire after doing a CyanogenMod Rom installation.

I had this problem and looked everywhere on the internet to fix it. When I found the solution, it wasn't on this site.

If you are having this problem then here is a zip file containing everything you need to fix it:
http://www.divshare.com/download/8816179-10b

This contains all the tools you need from the SKD to do the fix + the phone drivers so that you don't have to faff about with it all.

Here is the HOW TO:

1)connect the android phone to the computer via usb, make sure debugging is enabled

2)have this mic fix folder somewhere on your computer. Take note of the address in the address
bar as you will need it later (e.g "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\mic_fix")

3)open the command prompt in windows (start>programs>accessories>command prompt or cmd)

4)navigate to the tools folder in the mic fix folder using the command prompt. CD is the
command to change directory. e.g:

cd C:\Users\Admin\Documents\mic_fix\tools

5)run the following commands one at a time:

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/etc/AudioPara4.csv
adb push AudioPara4.csv /system/etc/
adb shell reboot

6) Done!

Troubleshooting

if it says that it can not find the android device then use USBDeview to uninstall it from your pc.
Then unplug and replug it back in.
When windows detects new hardware, install it from the android driver folder.

to paste text into the command prompt you can not press ctrl+V, you have to right click on the mouse
and select paste

Make sure you unzip the mic_fix.zip file. The command prompt commands won't work on items within the zip file (I think)​

TheMadMan10

Aug 21, 2009
hi, flashed a cyanogenMod to my HTC Magic (Vodafone UK 32B) today. It replaced a hero rom that I had that was way too laggy.

Anyway, noticed that my volume is way too low and found this thread. I have downloaded the file suggested by the OP and followed the instructions but I still have very low volume on the phone.

Tried all the settings in the phone too (they are all maxed out to the highest volume).

Any helpers?

Many thanks

alpha7158

Sep 19, 2009
hi, flashed a cyanogenMod to my HTC Magic (Vodafone UK 32B) today. It replaced a hero rom that I had that was way too laggy.

Anyway, noticed that my volume is way too low and found this thread. I have downloaded the file suggested by the OP and followed the instructions but I still have very low volume on the phone.

Tried all the settings in the phone too (they are all maxed out to the highest volume).

Any helpers?

Many thanks
There is an app out there called "AudioMod" that I think pushes the volume setting past the set defaults.

Details about it are here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517745

I believe this is for the speaker audio and does nothing for mic volume.

edit: actually I think that this does fix the mic too. I suppose there was no need of me to post this thread in the first place afterall XD

edit: It does not fix mic volume like I thought. See my first post to fix mic volume

Last edited:

TheMadMan10

Aug 21, 2009
cheers alpha.

I've now flashed another hero rom to my phone and the volume is back to the way that I like it.

If i revert back to a cyanogenmod then I'll keep the app in mind.

Many thanks

MikLSP

Sep 1, 2008
Lancaster
Thanks for this, it does increase the recording volume a little though it still seems quite quiet on my 32B Magic which is originally a Vodafone handset now running cm 4.1.9999

I'm not sure which values to edit to tweak it further, there are a lot more in there than I was expecting lol

angeluis1988

Jun 14, 2010
Mytouch 3g does not go to home screen HELP!!!!

Hello, i just installed the microphone fix and when i turn on my mytouch 3g it says android acore not responding and it force closes and keeps on repeating..any idea on how to fix this problem?

angeluis1988

Jun 14, 2010
the notification bar works and my lockscreen works too but when i unlock it the screen is just black and the force close dialog box comes up also i can receive phone calls but when i talk the other person cant hear me but i can hear them

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I would just reply to the rom thread instead.

It's likely that there is an issue with the ported rom that the developer didn't catch. He would appreciate the heads up and it would be helpful to the community. A lot of these ports are unstable and have bugs.