Micro SD Cards for the Hero

Search This thread

willowmp

Nov 16, 2009
I just got my class 6 8 gig samsung card and windows read it as having a write speed of over 10 mb/s on a 700+ file.

The speed increase is nice on my phone.

jcf304

Apr 13, 2010
MicroSd card advertised as class 6 but really class 2

Hey Guys,
Just as a heads up, I ordered from a company called ecost for a 16GB class 6. The order stated it was in stock. But after getting the confirmation it then said it was out stock/back ordered. So I canceled my order. This was about a week ago. So lo an' behold I see a charge on my CC and I get a shipment yesterday via UPS. Ok, so now did they not only disregard my cancellation but they sent me the thing anyway. So I opened the package and what Do I find. I Micro SD card that was not only shipped after I canceled but a class 2 card at that. So now either Maxell screwed up there packaging of this item or something is seriously wrong with E cost and this was repackaged. Of course they also charged me the price of a class 6 card as if things couldn't have been any worse with this order.

Just an FYI on purchasing these items.

-J

nebenezer

Dec 2, 2009
Got an 8g c6 Sandisk a couple months ago, its great. Costed me about $20.

Any more than that and I'm going big, highest class 16 or 32 I can find, but not soon, this 8g will do fine for me for quite q while longer.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Got an 8g c6 Sandisk a couple months ago, its great. Costed me about $20.

Any more than that and I'm going big, highest class 16 or 32 I can find, but not soon, this 8g will do fine for me for quite q while longer.

ya sadly the 32GB's are only Class 2 :( but then again my Class 2 16GB does quite well.....though you may have to mortgage your house to get one!

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
no stupidity involved. no worries. if you are shopping at a retail location more often than not it will be a class 2, unless its a computer specialty store. anything above a class 2 should state which class on the packaging or the card itself will have a class # with a circle around it. see the #10 with circle in this photo of the Kingston class 10.

Attachments

• 214112824.jpg
    214112824.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 90
no stupidity involved. no worries. if you are shopping at a retail location more often than not it will be a class 2, unless its a computer specialty store. anything above a class 2 should state which class on the packaging or the card itself will have a class # with a circle around it. see the #10 with circle in this photo of the Kingston class 10.

Ah ha, thanks alot my friend. Just goes to show, you're never too old to learn. You have been very helpful.

Regards :D