Question MicroG on Oxygen OS?

Search This thread

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
Has anyone gotten MicroG working on Oxygen OS with signature spoofing? I tried to go through a process, don't have the link now, that was documented for lineageOS but had steps outlined for one plus devices. Unfortunately for me I only noticed that after I flashed using the steps for lineageOS, so my device bricked and I was forced to use MSM tool.

I can flash nanodroid which does flash gsf I believe (I don't quite remember and the documentation was missing the details on the installed packages) but the nanodroid patcher fails so I can't get signature spoofing. I'm not sure if it's even really necessary but I did run into one issue where an app would crash when trying to gain access to a folder, so maybe that was the reason? Other than that I had no issues without signature spoofing.

crypta

A detailed guide for stock ROM, rooted, stock bootloader (not TWRP) would be interesting for many ppl I think. Sadly my balls are to small to try some experiments on my daily driver....😏.

Getting rid of Google was always some major argument for a custom ROM.

Reactions: tripping_

shmallow

Jan 21, 2012
I'll probably try again in a few weeks, I don't want to mess up my phone before my vacation. Ideally I want to keep stock but debloated as much as possible and MicroG instead of Google services

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
It wouldn't really be a good idea since OOS is heavily tied to Google services and microG could break it. Better to use LOS which is a little more flexible

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
That's different, that's non root microG exclusively for Vanced apps to allow Google sign in. That's not what OP is looking for.

Retseem

Anyone got MicroG working with signature spoofing?

@shmallow Did you try Smali Patcher to get signature spoofing working, as the services.jar needs to be deoedexed for Nanodroid patcher to be successful. This was the only solution to get signature spoofing working on my S9.
This patcher basically creates a Magisk module for your phone which you will have to enable before installing Nanodroid.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone gotten MicroG working on Oxygen OS with signature spoofing? I tried to go through a process, don't have the link now, that was documented for lineageOS but had steps outlined for one plus devices. Unfortunately for me I only noticed that after I flashed using the steps for lineageOS, so my device bricked and I was forced to use MSM tool.

I can flash nanodroid which does flash gsf I believe (I don't quite remember and the documentation was missing the details on the installed packages) but the nanodroid patcher fails so I can't get signature spoofing. I'm not sure if it's even really necessary but I did run into one issue where an app would crash when trying to gain access to a folder, so maybe that was the reason? Other than that I had no issues without signature spoofing.
    A detailed guide for stock ROM, rooted, stock bootloader (not TWRP) would be interesting for many ppl I think. Sadly my balls are to small to try some experiments on my daily driver....😏.

Getting rid of Google was always some major argument for a custom ROM.
    Anyone got MicroG working with signature spoofing?

@shmallow Did you try Smali Patcher to get signature spoofing working, as the services.jar needs to be deoedexed for Nanodroid patcher to be successful. This was the only solution to get signature spoofing working on my S9.
    This patcher basically creates a Magisk module for your phone which you will have to enable before installing Nanodroid.