Micromax A52 ROOTED!!!!

Search This thread

vshlkmr

So, this is it! MICROMAX A52 has been rooted!! :laugh:

(I dont own this device, i rooted it for my friends at Indiedevers, dont ask me device specific questions!)

Things you would be needing:

1. SP flash tool -> ver 2.1 (see attatched files!)
2. Download and extract my attatched a52 rooted.rar file.
3. Unlockroot (get it from www.unlockroot.com).
4. MTK drivers (see mtk attatchment on this xda post)
5. ADB drivers (No need to worry about, unlockroot will automatically setup the adb driver while rooting)

Ok so let's move on to the steps:

1. This rar file contains my modified boot.img & the A52 scatter file (needed by SP Tools, tells the SP tools which rom addresses to flash).
2. Install the MTK drivers, just run the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder).
3. Most of you might be experienced with flashing through SP Tools, for those who are using it for the first time read this excellent guide on how to use it -> MTK Flashing Using SP Tools
4. After flashing, reboot your handset by taking out and reinserting the battery.
5. When the phone boots up go to Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark "Enable Debugging".
6. Now attach your phone using the data cable.
7. Open Unlockroot program through windows start menu.
8. Click the big green root button.
9. It will ask for installing drivers, click "yes"...it's now installing the ADB drivers.
10. Finally it will root your phone and will ask you for rebooting the phone, click yes.
11. Let your A52 reboot.

Finally after booting, check the app drawer for an application "Superuser"...Congratulations!! your A52 is successfully rooted!!!...:highfive:

Credits:

Me! :cowboy: yeah! i did it again!
Sahil Deep, For being awesome :)
& other indiedevers members who encouraged me!

Caution: You can softbrick your device if you play around much on "GOD MODE" (Superuser mode), know what you are doing and accept the consequences if you make your device unusable (although highly rare)..

ANY QUESTIONS?? DONT HESITATE TO ASK ME!! POST IT TO THE FORUM, NO PM!

&..hey press the 'thanks' button if u think i deserve it..:angel:

Attachments

• mtk.rar
    7.7 MB · Views: 56,025
  • SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v2.1121.01.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 38,325
Last edited:

helloansuman

Aug 18, 2012
Great work bro. If you have given this before 1 day. I may not flash my A52 with Russian Rom of Fly mobile...
:(...

Please upload the full backup rom of A52 after rooting Complete Anybody...
I have lost my A52 backup.

Last edited:

piracyhater

Apr 28, 2008
New Delhi

(I dont own this device, i rooted it for my friends at Indiedevers, dont ask me device specific questions!)

5. ADB drivers (No need to worry about, unlockroot will automatically setup the adb driver while rooting)

1. This rar file contains my modified boot.img & the A52 scatter file (needed by SP Tools, tells the SP tools which rom addresses to flash).
2. Install the MTK drivers, just run the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder).
3. Most of you might be experienced with flashing through SP Tools, for those who are using it for the first time read this excellent guide on how to use it -> MTK Flashing Using SP Tools
4. After flashing, reboot your handset by taking out and reinserting the battery.
5. When the phone boots up go to Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark "Enable Debugging".
9. It will ask for installing drivers, click "yes"...it's now installing the ADB drivers.
10. Finally it will root your phone and will ask you for rebooting the phone, click yes.
11. Let your A52 reboot.

Finally after booting, check the app drawer for an application "Superuser"...Congratulations!! your A52 is successfully rooted!!!...:highfive:

Credits:

Caution: You can softbrick your device if you play around much on "GOD MODE" (Superuser mode), know what you are doing and accept the consequences if you make your device unusable (although highly rare)..

Good work u kickd the micromax:thumbup:

sent from my rooted a52

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
bro congrats for the root please clarify if your rom can be unrooted if needed
also i cant find any ROM on FB page ... please give link

P.S. which option to select when flashing with SPflash tool please elaborate a bit

Last edited:

shailesh.keer

Jan 17, 2008
Mumbai
Finally I too got it rooted, used only bootimg option for spflash tool. and refer to op attached img file. it works...!!!!!
method works.. I recd brom error after flashing but on using unlockroot it worked
so ignore the error if u like to risk.

P.S. which option to select when flashing with SPflash tool please elaborate a bit

:good:

vshlkmr

Select The bootimg option, then click on The option and select The path of my modified boot.img file, then connect your phone and flash it!!!

& Yeah if you want you can again un root your device by just pressing The un root button on The unlockroot programme you rooted with!! No need of flasing The original boot.img! :D

Sent from my Karbonn_A18 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: arnabgharay

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
i have already tried it but the problem is with the drivers as it cant find the device

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

rooted the device ... thanks for every thing

when i run new version of super1click then it asked me to install drivers and then later used unlockroot to root the device

now customizing and freeing the phone with Root Uninstaller Pro

Bro if you dont mind then can you post this root on androidforums so that users can get max search results

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Help plzzzz i have freezed few apps using uninstaller pro and now my phone doesnt boots to desktop. i can see the boot anomation but it get stuck on that screen

please help me

Last edited:

viditsr

Sep 27, 2012
I root my phone following process it stuck on 99% and when I boot it shows only welcome screen im on and off and on many time my phone on since last night but no progress pls help is my phone going to die pls help no body answer me pls help me developers

helloansuman

Aug 18, 2012
Can anybody tell me the output of the commands in cmd? ( for those who have rooted their MMX A52 )
Enable debugging mode, connect your data cable & run these commands

adb shell
su
cat proc/mtd

vshlkmr

Can anybody tell me the output of the commands in cmd? ( for those who have rooted their MMX A52 )
Enable debugging mode, connect your data cable & run these commands

adb shell
su
cat proc/mtd

You wanna backup The mtd partitions eh? Well download terminal emulator from play store u can use these commands in that

Reactions: paradox57eag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

11. Let your A52 reboot.

Credits:

For all of you who need The stock rom check out The a52 indiedevers group page on fb...;)

Then flash The stock rom and then flash my boot.img..you will get everything Micromax + root..;)

Great work bro. If you have given this before 1 day. I may not flash my A52 with Russian Rom of Fly mobile...
    :(...

Please upload the full backup rom of A52 after rooting Complete Anybody...
    I have lost my A52 backup.
    I think ics not supported bcoz mmx a52 screen resolution is very lowlow:confused:

sent from my rooted a52

A52's ram and screen is really low to meet ics requirements..

Is your a52 working?