Microphone problem in bluetooth phone calls Junsun V1 Pro

Search This thread

ojerez01

Dec 30, 2008
I have a Junsun V1 Pro unit and when I make a bluetooth phone call they tell me that they hardly hear me. If I am with the car stopped, something they listen to me. If I'm on the go, there's no way they'll hear me well. I do not know what solution you can have or if you can put an external microphone.
My car is a Seat León with standard bluetooth installation. I don't know if I could use the car microphone in any way. I think the car microphone cable goes to the radio, but I have nowhere to connect it to the Junsun equipment. Let's see if someone can help me.
Thank you

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
I have a Junsun V1 Pro unit and when I make a bluetooth phone call they tell me that they hardly hear me. If I am with the car stopped, something they listen to me. If I'm on the go, there's no way they'll hear me well. I do not know what solution you can have or if you can put an external microphone.
My car is a Seat León with standard bluetooth installation. I don't know if I could use the car microphone in any way. I think the car microphone cable goes to the radio, but I have nowhere to connect it to the Junsun equipment. Let's see if someone can help me.
Thank you
Junsun offers a second wiring harness which allows a lot of additional connections. E.g. for AUX in and to connect a amplifier. One of the connections is a 3.5 mm mono jack for a microphone. You can create an adapter to connect the Oem mic of your car.

PETEJAN

Apr 25, 2021
Junsun offers a second wiring harness which allows a lot of additional connections. E.g. for AUX in and to connect a amplifier. One of the connections is a 3.5 mm mono jack for a microphone. You can create an adapter to connect the Oem mic of your car.
I have exactly the same problem with this head unit.
Microphone (built-in) is virtually useless, my unit came with an external mic (free gift) which I have connected as you suggested using the second harness.
The problem is this is no better.
Checking the system with 'mictests' app it shows a problem with mic volume. My question is how do you access a volume control, I have been unable to find one.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
I have exactly the same problem with this head unit.
Microphone (built-in) is virtually useless, my unit came with an external mic (free gift) which I have connected as you suggested using the second harness.
The problem is this is no better.
Checking the system with 'mictests' app it shows a problem with mic volume. My question is how do you access a volume control, I have been unable to find one.
Don't think there is a setting for microphone sensitivity/volume.
An option could be to remove the internal microphone (seen a lot of tutorials) or test with another mic.

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem. Firstly, I thought that the sensitivity might be the problem but the microphone amplifier app didn't help. Do you think that any update or a custom rom could solve the issue?

Thank you

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Don't think there is a setting for microphone sensitivity/volume.
An option could be to remove the internal microphone (seen a lot of tutorials) or test with another mic.
Through Ali express, I chatted with the junsun company and they sent me a tutorial for removing the internal mic and put it back. It worked just for a day. I texted back and they sent me an external mic. The first time worked OK, today I had a call and my friend couldn't hear me well. So, now I have a 3.5mm jack to port another mic.
I hope a new good-quality mic solve the problem.

rikdi

Oct 27, 2021
Through Ali express, I chatted with the junsun company and they sent me a tutorial for removing the internal mic and put it back. It worked just for a day. I texted back and they sent me an external mic. The first time worked OK, today I had a call and my friend couldn't hear me well. So, now I have a 3.5mm jack to port another mic.
I hope a new good-quality mic solve the problem.

Did you settle with another good quality micro?

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Yes. The result with a 6 euro philips (almost the same) mic, is much better. My friends can hear me at least. But, I would suggest a more expensive mic to replace with.
In addition, I would say also that it needs somehow a noise canceling set. I don't know if it's possible.

rikdi

Oct 27, 2021
sim. O resultado com um microfone philips de 6 euros (quase o mesmo) é muito melhor. Meus amigos podem me ouvir, pelo menos. Mas, eu sugeriria um microfone mais caro para substituir.
Além disso, eu diria também que ele precisa de alguma forma de um conjunto de cancelamento de ruído. Não sei se é possível.
OBRIGADO PELA RESPOSTA, MAS ISSO É O QUE EU NÃO CONFIEI. MESMO COM UM MICROFONE MELHOR, O SOM É UM RUÍDO.
Os microfones bluetooth originais do carro têm circuitos com uma placa embutida que deve eliminar o ruído, mas você não pode aplicá-lo. Eu tentei, mas não funcionou.

angelhc

Jun 2, 2021
I've the same issue with my junsun v1 pro.
Calls are completely useless, full of noise and the other person can never hear me. I sent a message to the seller and he told me he was sending me an external mic.
I have unsoldered the micro that came in the radio and I have put the new one with the same result. calls cannot be used.
Apart from this there is a small delay like 1/2 second between when I speak and the other person hears it, so the calls are a complete mess.
Anyone knows if it is any solution? If I buy a better micro maybe the problem will be solved?
thank you all!

Daggeref

Jan 13, 2022
Same problem here (among others). Is there any external mic which works fine? A parrot external mic would work?

Thanks.

Reactions: angelhc

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
The problem is a fact and everyone has it.
The external mic helps a bit, but the small delay and the noise aren't solved.
So, the problem might comes from the software (or a terrible quality of the combination of mic, wires, bt).
1.So, does anybody try to use another app of calling?
2. Is it possible to find on play store a different tool which supports Bluetooth?
3. What about custom firmwares?
4. What about external BT earbuds?

Last edited:

PEUGEOT/3008

Jan 21, 2022
Hello,
I have a problem with the internal microphone of my junsun v1 pro when I make a call or I receive a call people are not waiting for me. me yes I also tested with an external microphone the problem and the same.

Do you have a solution to the problem.
Sorry for my English

Reactions: tsoump

rav4junsun

Feb 4, 2022
That call quality issue is so annoying 😅 Other than that I love the device. Today I tried with an external mic from the brand FISCON. It improved the quality a bit, but it’s still not good enough. Especially when doing business calls. Does anyone have a solution on how to make the microphone quality usable?

mdc2500

Feb 5, 2022
I purchased a Junsun M8925 late in 2021 subsequently installed in a Nissan Quashqai \Dualis J10- The unit works fine except the internal Mic was rubbish. I installed a external mic ( I think it is a cheap external mic that came with another Joying head unit) and the Mic sound is better but still not great.

I have attempted to adjust the BT Mic volume in the Factory setting menu but this has resulted in no Improvement.
I am going to install a Pioneer or Sony high quality mic in the next couple of days and report back if it works any better.

cheers
Marc

RomarioZuev

Feb 16, 2022
Hi, I also have the same problem with Junsun v1 4+64. However, for some reason it works better when I use the CarPlay (I have an iPhone). I wonder if it is a software issue or the iPhone/CarPlay uses another mic?

Also, my car (Peugeot 4007 which is basically Outlander 2) has an in-built microphone which I used for calls before I got the HU and it worked well. Is there a way to use the HU with my car mic?

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
I don
Hi, I also have the same problem with Junsun v1 4+64. However, for some reason it works better when I use the CarPlay (I have an iPhone). I wonder if it is a software issue or the iPhone/CarPlay uses another mic?

Also, my car (Peugeot 4007 which is basically Outlander 2) has an in-built microphone which I used for calls before I got the HU and it worked well. Is there a way to use the HU with my car mic?
I do not know, somehow they must connect to each other. Sounds difficult.
Have you found why the car play works better? Does your iPhone uses its own microphone?

RomarioZuev

Feb 16, 2022
I don

Have you found why the car play works better? Does your iPhone uses its own microphone?
I've look into CarPlay forums and apparently CarPlay uses whatever microphone the head unit does. So if it's an aftermarket HU, CarPlay would use the HU mic. They say CarPlay definitely does not use the phone mic because it is designed in a way that you would just toss the phone out of reach for safety reasons.

However, what might make a difference is that I link my CarPlay with a cable, not bluetooth. The bluetooth connection could be the issue here. Which is weird because it's otherwise quite stable.

I saw a video of a guy using another aliexpress HU (SC7862) who is able to switch to the car microphone from the settings of the HU (
). I don't know however if Junsun offers such an option.

Reactions: angelhc and tsoump

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don

I've look into CarPlay forums and apparently CarPlay uses whatever microphone the head unit does. So if it's an aftermarket HU, CarPlay would use the HU mic. They say CarPlay definitely does not use the phone mic because it is designed in a way that you would just toss the phone out of reach for safety reasons.

However, what might make a difference is that I link my CarPlay with a cable, not bluetooth. The bluetooth connection could be the issue here. Which is weird because it's otherwise quite stable.

I saw a video of a guy using another aliexpress HU (SC7862) who is able to switch to the car microphone from the settings of the HU (
    ). I don't know however if Junsun offers such an option.
    Even I had this mic issue so found a way out attaching a tutorial video
    hope that helps
    Even I had this mic issue so found a way out attaching a tutorial video
    hope that helps
    Thank you for sharing but menus looking completely different to my Junsun V1
    Same problem here (among others). Is there any external mic which works fine? A parrot external mic would work?

Thanks.
    Hey everyone! There is a solution with an external microphone. I’m using a high quality external Sony mic plugged into the 3.5mm Jack. This improves the quality BUT is not perfect yet. Why? The internal mic is interphering. I found this out by tapping on the internal mic with my finger nail while on a call. Also forums of other head unit brands state the same. Does anyone have a video instruction on how to physically disable/kill/remove the internal mic?
    Below is a link to a video Junsun sent me on how to reseat the onboard Mic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zhh-hWVGAM_uowCgcPnZBa0KrsZkL35Y/view?usp=sharing

Be interested to hear how the external Mic works after disconnecting the onboard mic.

Cheers
    Marc