Question Microphone work in WhatsApp but not Phone/Dialer

Search This thread
Jul 31, 2011
Mic works in WhatsApp but not Phone/Dialer. For others to hear me in Phone/Dialer I have to use speakerphone. I think the Mic hardware seems to be unaffected, but it's a software issue. I was able to flash CrDroid 8.5/8.6 and things seemed to work fine without NikGapps, but once Gapps were installed things broke. After that even flashing CrDroid w/o Gapps didn't fix the phone. I tried going to MIUI EU but got stuck in bootloop. Was anyone able to bypass this issue?

FW: V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM but tried V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM on ArrowOS 12.1; also tried same firmwares on CrDroid 8.5 and 8.5

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
Usually this is a sign that you have a damaged microphone (phone has 2). Because the dialer is MONO, it only uses one microphone.
Try to record a video and make sounds on the left side and right side. Listen to the video with headphones and check if both microphones are working

Jul 31, 2011
Usually this is a sign that you have a damaged microphone (phone has 2). Because the dialer is MONO, it only uses one microphone.
Try to record a video and make sounds on the left side and right side. Listen to the video with headphones and check if both microphones are working
So, I completely disable the Google app and removed microphone permissions (amongst other annoying permissions the app seems to come preinstalled with). I just took a phone call over LTE and the microphone surprisingly worked fine.

Appreciate all the help in getting this to work!