Microsoft rolling out update: OS 7.10.8107.79

Search This thread

dkp1977

Oct 6, 2009
Stolberg
www.opinion-control.de
WMPoweruser.com reports in this article that Microsoft has begun rolling out an update to OS version 7.10.8107.79 which includes the following:

• It solves a problem of the keyboard on the screen, preventing the keyboard to disappear while typing
  • Resolves an issue with syncing Gmail
  • It solves a problem of access to the location. After the upgrade, the function IO hub sends to Microsoft anonymous information contact the Wi-Fi access points and antennas for mobile phones in the vicinity, only if you have allowed access to and use of location information from part of the "I’m here."
  • Revocation of certificates issued by DigiCert Sdn Bhd to solve a problem of encryption
  • Fixes a problem with the e-mail related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. When you reply to or forward an email, the original message is now included in the response.
  • Fixes an issue of notification of voicemail
  • Under Cellular Network, 3G Toggle Button is dropped off and replaced by a drop-down where you can select betwen 3G and Edge or any other you have. This is now called as Speed Connection.
  • according to a tweet by Chris Walsh - part of the Chevron team - the issue that a certain SMS could shutdown the whole WP messaging services seems to have been fixed as well: Link

Last edited:

dkp1977

Oct 6, 2009
Stolberg
www.opinion-control.de
No internet sharing? Anything else worth while? Will this remove any hacks, unlocks?

Internet Sharing was part of the Mango update. If it's not enabled on your device, you'll need a firmware update with the appropriate drivers from your OEM. As far as I've heard (or to be more precise read), hacks and/or unlocks won't be affected by this new OS update.

Reactions: sinister1

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Internet Sharing was part of the Mango update. If it's not enabled on your device, you'll need a firmware update with the appropriate drivers from your OEM. As far as I've heard (or to be more precise read), hacks and/or unlocks won't be affected by this new OS update.

Thanks dkp1977, and now where to get it???

DJSave

Oct 27, 2011
Tbilisi
nope I didn't recieve it, in fact I'm still on 7720 Focus 1.3 Sim unlocked

UPDATE====================
Just updated using Cab sender method at first to 7740 and then to 8107 and everything is fine :) no bugs noticed

Last edited:
A

Atlant1s

anyone with a samsung omnia 7 got this update?

Last edited:

tooly26

Mar 22, 2010
idont think so...maybe later this day ms will open more gates...till now only lg optimus 7 with vodafone branding receive this update...i dont have read that other phones become it till now...but not sure..omnia 7 unbranded ...

gesendet von meinem omnia7

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
idont think so...maybe later this day ms will open more gates...till now only lg optimus 7 with vodafone branding receive this update...i dont have read that other phones become it till now...but not sure..omnia 7 unbranded ...

gesendet von meinem omnia7

I thought Nokias would be getting this update as well.

mrjetking

Apr 7, 2008
Bristol
www.jetking.info
No access to Mobile Network in Settings

I'm using an LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone UK and set the cab to my device.

It accepted the update and everything seems fine although I now cannot access the Mobile Network settings - it starts to open, you get the transition and then it just snaps back.

Anyone know how I can get it back via a registry tweak or whatever?

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
I'm using an LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone UK and set the cab to my device.

It accepted the update and everything seems fine although I now cannot access the Mobile Network settings - it starts to open, you get the transition and then it just snaps back.

Anyone know how I can get it back via a registry tweak or whatever?

Did you send all the language pack updates along with the OS update?

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
Looks like the update made the official Windows Phone site. Hopefully they update the "Where's My Update" section soon

Reactions: bobzero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I only have English & Chinese Traditional (0404) in my Mozart.

Do you mean I need to install both of it:

Code:
    OS UPDATE 7.10.8107.79:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2011/12/diff-7.10.7740.16-7.10.8107.79-armv7-retail-microsoft.pks_c9b7f3bc5bb340ba30473b566b4557de0cf3322e.cab

Chinese (traditional) (0404):
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2011/12/diff-7.10.7740.16-7.10.8107.79-armv7-retail-microsoft.lang_0404.pks_14f5fe7f4a13691af0836c66b24609a7cc4d91bf.cab

Yes, install all language updates for languages that you have in your phone or you will have problems.
    No internet sharing? Anything else worth while? Will this remove any hacks, unlocks?

Looks like the update made the official Windows Phone site. Hopefully they update the "Where's My Update" section soon
    Hi
    Unbranded titan??

Did you get a Firmware update or os update?

Thanks

Only os update.
    My titan is unbranded ...
    Were you interop-unlocked beforehand, and if so, are you still? I am wondering if this FW update has any v2 drivers that break this.

Let me try to sideload something and will keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Okay, just side loaded Touch Explorer and Nokia Music to my Trophy and it looks like interop unlock remains. :D

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Okay, just side loaded Touch Explorer and Nokia Music to my Trophy and it looks like interop unlock remains. :D

I'll try others just to be sure.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I'll try others just to be sure.

Okay confirmed it's working, I just deployed the latest battery status app; unlock was not effected. :D