• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MIDO] SOT with custom ROM

Search This thread

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
Below are screenshots of my SOT (using Slim ROM and Faust Kernel). The SOT measured with PCMark "Work 2.0 battery life" test. I started the test when the battery was at 85%, and it stopped automatically when the battery reached 20%. Everything else was running as normal - lots of WhatsApp messages coming in (no popups) and even an incoming phone call (which I didn't answer).
Adaptive brightness is enabled, with the brightness level set at 40%. The test ran overnight (note that the screen is on, and active the whole time - basically, it keeps running all sorts of benchmarks over and over again, with the screen redrawing continuously).

Result: from 85% to 20% took 11 hours and 54 minutes. This equates to about 17 hours SOT .

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 2,324
  • two.png
    two.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,298
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 2,287

asrialbaker

Dec 23, 2015
Everybody has different user scenarios & different methods of using a phone.

This SOT of yours is not using mobile data network, only WiFi, correct?

Try to do a test using LTE or WCDMA only, without WiFi and share the result with us.

Cheers!

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
As already indicated, everything was running as normal (which includes WiFi, bluetooth, and LTE enabled), and the PCMark battery test was running on top of it all. Performance benchmarks running non-stop for 12 hours on a phone is objective enough for me. YMMV.

Reactions: Supermatt01

bwot

Nov 13, 2014
Stockholm
I've been playing around for a few days now to find a good balance between battery and a good performance. LineageOS 14.1 with Vulcan kernel, currently at 8h SOT with 35% battery left. I usually just install a kernel and let it run on defaults so still learning what things do.

PriPhaze

Oct 3, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
In Miui with Velvet, is not precisely SoT (actually it is because how the hell am i suppose to play with the screen off lol) but i'm really surprised to see how long the battery lasts even playing games.
Yes i was on Wi-Fi all the time but still... i would test LTE but i don't have , i just go up to 3G .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-12-084_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-12-084_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-17-595_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-17-595_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,057
  • Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-23-759_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-34-23-759_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,039

Sehab084

May 11, 2015
dhaka

Faust Kernel with governor tweaks on the newest RR build and i can easily get 10 hours of SOT, sometimes 12 hours :)

In Miui with Velvet, is not precisely SoT (actually it is because how the hell am i suppose to play with the screen off lol) but i'm really surprised to see how long the battery lasts even playing games.
Yes i was on Wi-Fi all the time but still... i would test LTE but i don't have , i just go up to 3G .

heys guys you didnt put much information. are you using the same method as DarthJabba9 (did you use pcmark app) ? or is it just youre normal usage time?

and tell me the best rom for battery(i think its slim rom)

Kiran Amin

Oct 8, 2015
mumbai
Below are screenshots of my SOT (using Slim ROM and Faust Kernel). The SOT measured with PCMark "Work 2.0 battery life" test. I started the test when the battery was at 85%, and it stopped automatically when the battery reached 20%. Everything else was running as normal - lots of WhatsApp messages coming in (no popups) and even an incoming phone call (which I didn't answer).
Adaptive brightness is enabled, with the brightness level set at 40%. The test ran overnight (note that the screen is on, and active the whole time - basically, it keeps running all sorts of benchmarks over and over again, with the screen redrawing continuously).

Result: from 85% to 20% took 11 hours and 54 minutes. This equates to about 17 hours SOT .

What's Setting You Do On Faust Kernel
I. Am not able to use SS.
:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As already indicated, everything was running as normal (which includes WiFi, bluetooth, and LTE enabled), and the PCMark battery test was running on top of it all. Performance benchmarks running non-stop for 12 hours on a phone is objective enough for me. YMMV.