MIFlash error: flash timeout

Search This thread

imbadsus

Aug 15, 2022
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hello,

I wanted to root my phone to MIUI version 13.
I have rooted before and I was at MIUI 12.6.
While I was romming my phone it failed (which i didnt see) and followed the guide and wiped everything.
Now I am stuck without an operating system, I have tried flashing but when I was flashing and it came to 1201 seconds then it said "error: flash timeout"

Does anyone know what to do?

Last edited:
Reactions: VolterraProject
Hello,

While I was romming my phone it failed (which i didnt see) and followed the guide and wiped everything.
Now I am stuck without an operating system and I can't get any flesh/roms to work.

Does anyone know what I should do?
First of all, you should change the title of the thread as it is confusing to the content of the post.

imbadsus

Aug 15, 2022
Xiaomi Mi A3
Bro can you please tell me how did u fix it? Im stuck on the same thing after 700 sec it says time out and my mi pad 5 pro is stuck on fastboot now. Please help
im not really that sure, i just tried some stuff and ended up fixing it.
the last thing i did that i can remember was adding a firehose file into my images folder in the rom i was trying to flash

arun74140

Oct 7, 2022
It shows this
IMG_20221007_231300_666.jpg

hanniakrystal

Dec 2, 2022
Bro can you please tell me how did u fix it? Im stuck on the same thing after 700 sec it says time out and my mi pad 5 pro is stuck on fastboot now. Please help
Hello, how did you do it? my my pad 5 pro 5g entered fastboot mode and it doesn't work and I'm trying to flash and it says error: flash timeout 5856.. help!!

Naufal9708

Sep 16, 2020
Hello,

Now I am stuck without an operating system, I have tried flashing but when I was flashing and it came to 1201 seconds then it said "error: flash timeout"

I found a way. mi flash tool seems to have a time limit of 700 seconds, so we have to flash the rom with less time than that. Previously I flashed using my old laptop (using HDD) and there was a timeout error. then I borrowed my friend's laptop which has pretty good specs (using SSD) and I managed to flash it.

Reactions: duttyend

Davosite

Feb 28, 2022
For those who have the same problem, download the most recent adb platform tools folder and replace the files in the miflash folder, that was my solution.
This is true, it worked for me... I think the default was meant for recent system with fast performance i.e SSD and USB 3.0, which would be a very recent PC to work well but on older PC with HDD or USB 2.0, it loads the files slowly exceeding the required time threshold

Replacing the files with the lasted ADB platform tools which is optimised for both old and new systems would make it faster.

Some people do use older versions but that didn't work for me though it seems to work for them

Thanks man, you saved me.

wanheda98

Jul 31, 2023
Hello,

download the related stock rom and latest platform tools, also install adb installer..
step 1: extract the platform tool at location C:\ i.e. C:\platform-tools
step 2: extract all the files from the downloaded rom and paste it inside the platform tools.
step 3: open your mi flash tool and run like as usual, like select the rom location i.e C:\platform-tools [ remember to select flash_all_lock].
now you are good to go, flash the rom and the issue will be solved

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In my case, the following algorithm of actions helped:
    1. Download the fastboot firmware for your phone and unpack it in C:\rom so that *.bat files were in the rom folder. You can go to another place, the shorter the way the better
    2. Download platform-tools and unpack the files to the same folder where the firmware was unpacked, so that fastboot.exe and the bat files were in the same folder
    3. Connect the phone in fastboot mode to the PC
    4. Run the bat file that suits your situation and wait for the firmware to finish

For example, I flashed the phone with ~8GB firmware via USB 2.0, with a downgrade of the android version and clearing all data without blocking the bootloader, and it took a little more than 2 hours.
    Use old version of miflashtool
    For those who have the same problem, download the most recent adb platform tools folder and replace the files in the miflash folder, that was my solution.
    Hello,

im not good at these things but you should maybe try changing usb ports and another cable if you have one available

maybe try flashing in edl mode to, that may work but im not sure