milestone 2 a953 DEAD after DOWNGRADE

Search This thread

jakkokko

Sep 29, 2011
Hello, i have a big problem with my motorola milestone 2 A953, I apologize for my english

pleased help me my milestone 2 a953 completely dead after trying to downgrade it with rsd lite from 2.3.6 to 2.2.1

pleeeeeeeeeased help

Last edited:

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hello, i have a big problem with my motorola milestone 2 A953, I apologize for my english

pleased help me my milestone 2 a953 completely dead after trying to downgrade it with rsd lite from 2.3.6 to 2.2.1

pleeeeeeeeeased help

You can't downgrade, search for the SBF here: http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone2 and download it from here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_milestone2/list.php
Then, read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1497263

jakkokko

Sep 29, 2011
Search for the rom you had before on the link I gave you (2.3.6 retail brazil, retail latam, personal argentina, vivo brazil, etc), copy the MD5, and search it on the other site to download it.
Then flash it with RSD.

sorry but i sad that i can no more get my milstone boot to flash it with rsd or with memory card i sad it is completely dad and i have exactly the rom witch i was in it and the other one witch i flash the phone with it then it become dead

pleased try to understand me an my problem and help that i think my phone need a jtag to be flashed and unbricked

jakkokko

Sep 29, 2011
Did you follow this procedure to put it in bootloader mode? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1032372
If your battery is discharged, try this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10163846
If everything else fails, take it to Moto.
Good Luck

first of all thank you very much for quick replay

the phone is no more able to be putted in bootloader mode

the battry is ok then the led of charg light on when lug it to usb

then there is no possibility to take it to moto for me

so there is an other method to force it (my phone) to get bootloader mode by hardware like gtag in samsung

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
first of all thank you very much for quick replay

the phone is no more able to be putted in bootloader mode

the battry is ok then the led of charg light on when lug it to usb

then there is no possibility to take it to moto for me

so there is an other method to force it (my phone) to get bootloader mode by hardware like gtag in samsung
Try entering bootloader mode (vol up + camera + power). Even though the screen will stay black (but with backlight turned on), the phone will be in bootloader mode. You can see it by connecting USB cable - the white charging led will light up. At this stage you can simply start flashing latest stock gingerbread firmware via RSD lite. After several minutes the phone screen will display some info about flashing and you just have to wait a little bit longer.
You might be at a bit bigger trouble if your battery is empty. If so, you can try to recharge it with +5V current i.e. from USB port as described in this forum. Or you can find somebody with MS2, just to recharge the battery.
I also simply downgraded my MS2 to Froyo, and had problems like you. I was scared I bricked my phone, but luckily it's not so easy to be damaged! :)

jakkokko

Sep 29, 2011
Try entering bootloader mode (vol up + camera + power). Even though the screen will stay black (but with backlight turned on), the phone will be in bootloader mode. You can see it by connecting USB cable - the white charging led will light up. At this stage you can simply start flashing latest stock gingerbread firmware via RSD lite. After several minutes the phone screen will display some info about flashing and you just have to wait a little bit longer.
You might be at a bit bigger trouble if your battery is empty. If so, you can try to recharge it with +5V current i.e. from USB port as described in this forum. Or you can find somebody with MS2, just to recharge the battery.
I also simply downgraded my MS2 to Froyo, and had problems like you. I was scared I bricked my phone, but luckily it's not so easy to be damaged! :)

thank you for understanding my problem

i fully charge my battery with external charger then i clean it very well to be sure from the connection then i try to put the phone into bootloader mod ( volume up + camera+ power) screen still black then i plug the phone to pc the white charging led light up but the pc and RSD lite don't detect any think it is really confusing cause when i plug the phone without pressing (vol up + camera + power) the white charging dont led light up
but when i do it lghit up but nothing detected

any solution for that pleased

alexpsad

Jun 15, 2013
thank you for understanding my problem

i fully charge my battery with external charger then i clean it very well to be sure from the connection then i try to put the phone into bootloader mod ( volume up + camera+ power) screen still black then i plug the phone to pc the white charging led light up but the pc and RSD lite don't detect any think it is really confusing cause when i plug the phone without pressing (vol up + camera + power) the white charging dont led light up
but when i do it lghit up but nothing detected

any solution for that pleased

I'm having the exact same problem, and if someone know how to fix this I would be very grateful.
But before I log out I have a question about this? If the phone's ROM was bricked, what procedure Motorola should take to resolve the issue?
I heard that they make a direct installation on the ROM's cellphone, but just don't know how they do that. If someone knows how to, could tell us to reproduce the same strategy in our home's. I believe this knowledge could fix the problem we have.
:good:

Anyone?

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
I'm having the exact same problem, and if someone know how to fix this I would be very grateful.
But before I log out I have a question about this? If the phone's ROM was bricked, what procedure Motorola should take to resolve the issue?
I heard that they make a direct installation on the ROM's cellphone, but just don't know how they do that. If someone knows how to, could tell us to reproduce the same strategy in our home's. I believe this knowledge could fix the problem we have.
:good:

Anyone?

1. Install Moto's USB drivers.
2. Install RSD Lite
3. Download an SBF depending on the software you had before.
4. Reboot into downloader mode, and flash that.
If it still doesn´t work, google it. Use the defy forums, the MS2 has the exact same hardware.
If it STILL doesn't work, google again.
If it STILL WON'T WORK, google once again.

And if it still won't show signs of life, take it to moto's service center. Use your social skills and play dumb and maybe you get a cheap repair.

99% of problems happen when users don't read before flashing. It's explicitly written in huge bloody red letters to NOT downgrade from GB.

alexpsad

Jun 15, 2013
1. Install Moto's USB drivers.
2. Install RSD Lite
3. Download an SBF depending on the software you had before.
4. Reboot into downloader mode, and flash that.
If it still doesn´t work, google it. Use the defy forums, the MS2 has the exact same hardware.
If it STILL doesn't work, google again.
If it STILL WON'T WORK, google once again.

And if it still won't show signs of life, take it to moto's service center. Use your social skills and play dumb and maybe you get a cheap repair.

99% of problems happen when users don't read before flashing. It's explicitly written in huge bloody red letters to NOT downgrade from GB.

I've tried to flash the phone using sbf_flash at Linux. In older days I used RSD Lite and windows stuffs, now just Linux. But considering the behavior of the phone, it'll not meter what kind of tool I use, the problem will not be resolved. How you've said: "NOT downgrade from GB"
I've done this, and now the phone looks to be over! My mistake!! And now I would like to know if someone have the knowledge to bring the phone back from this situation, without physically change the ROM. What Motorola's service center people do to recover the phone in cases like that? If not involve hardware stuffs, just software, I believe it's possible to fix it for ourselves. And THAT was my question.
I know the things about downgrade, and the loss and bricks that this procedure could make, once I read it. I'm not worried about what was made, but about what could I do from now on, to repair the phone.
What was done there's no coming back!

But thanks anyway. If you know the "how to" to fix bricked phones, I'll be glad!

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
I've tried to flash the phone using sbf_flash at Linux. In older days I used RSD Lite and windows stuffs, now just Linux. But considering the behavior of the phone, it'll not meter what kind of tool I use, the problem will not be resolved. How you've said: "NOT downgrade from GB"
I've done this, and now the phone looks to be over! My mistake!! And now I would like to know if someone have the knowledge to bring the phone back from this situation, without physically change the ROM. What Motorola's service center people do to recover the phone in cases like that? If not involve hardware stuffs, just software, I believe it's possible to fix it for ourselves. And THAT was my question.
I know the things about downgrade, and the loss and bricks that this procedure could make, once I read it. I'm not worried about what was made, but about what could I do from now on, to repair the phone.
What was done there's no coming back!

But thanks anyway. If you know the "how to" to fix bricked phones, I'll be glad!

They use JTAGs, but even if you get your hands in a JTAG box, I don't think we have any way to flash anything with it.

Top Liked Posts