{Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

Maceee

Jul 2, 2012
Guys? I just flashed FXP 216 on my SE Live with Walkman but device doesn't seem so smooth. I get 1250 score on quadrant so I guess it's pretty low or is that normal? And can I use CmUpdater? Because I'm afraid to download older release... BTW for some reasom the only build I found on this thread was CM 9 instead of CM 9.1. Why is that?

Diaz1999

Oct 13, 2012
HEX 5375726162617961
Google Pixel 2
Guys? I just flashed FXP 216 on my SE Live with Walkman but device doesn't seem so smooth. I get 1250 score on quadrant so I guess it's pretty low or is that normal? And can I use CmUpdater? Because I'm afraid to download older release... BTW for some reasom the only build I found on this thread was CM 9 instead of CM 9.1. Why is that?
Just using the stable CM9.1 official build from get.cm and you'll get the most out from CyanogenMod features & stability performance

via XDA extension for Timescape™

Maceee

Jul 2, 2012
Just using the stable CM9.1 official build from get.cm and you'll get the most out from CyanogenMod features & stability performance

via XDA extension for Timescape™

I don't think so, because latest stable CM 9.1 release on get.cm is 2012 08 28 and latest release on FXP is 216 2013 04 19 so FXP release is newer so I guess more stable and working better. But why FXP is CM 9 and not CM 9.1?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
it is just name dude, it is cm9.1 for example here is changelog of fxp145:

FXP145
CM9.1
- latest cm 9.1
- fixed lights (U,Go,Sola)
- recovery indicator(Sola)
- NFC (P,Sola)
- Improved NFC (Ion,S,Acro S)
- Camera (U,Go,Sola)
- Torch (U,Go,Sola)

just little think and searching.

What are diferences between fxp and official cm builds??

FXP make it more optimized for xperia devices as they have this devices from sony for testing ( if I read ok in sony page fxp get devices from them or something ). Trust me use fxp release 'cause it is much better than offical cm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maceee

frosthater

Nov 14, 2011
I don't think so, because latest stable CM 9.1 release on get.cm is 2012 08 28 and latest release on FXP is 216 2013 04 19 so FXP release is newer so I guess more stable and working better. But why FXP is CM 9 and not CM 9.1?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Dude, read the title. It's CM 9.1

Reactions: Maceee

Maceee

Jul 2, 2012
it is just name dude, it is cm9.1 for example here is changelog of fxp145:

FXP145
CM9.1
- latest cm 9.1
- fixed lights (U,Go,Sola)
- recovery indicator(Sola)
- NFC (P,Sola)
- Improved NFC (Ion,S,Acro S)
- Camera (U,Go,Sola)
- Torch (U,Go,Sola)

just little think and searching.

What are diferences between fxp and official cm builds??

FXP make it more optimized for xperia devices as they have this devices from sony for testing ( if I read ok in sony page fxp get devices from them or something ). Trust me use fxp release 'cause it is much better than offical cm.

Dude, read the title. It's CM 9.1

Thanks guys! Now everything is clear for me!

amnher

Guys I want to try this but I have some questions?
1. Does panorama,smile detection,face detection work in this rom?
2. Does 720p recording achieve 30FPS like in stock?
3. Does the camera have 16:9 proportion?
4. Does this have a radio app?

By the way I am still locked bootloader so can't try it yet

Last edited:

MZay

May 21, 2013
Mawanella
Guys I want to try this but I have some questions?
1. Does panorama,smile detection,face detection work in this rom?
2. Does 720p recording achieve 30FPS like in stock?
3. Does the camera have 16:9 proportion?
4. Does this have a radio app?

By the way I am still locked bootloader so can't try it yet

FXP/CM9.1 status
Visit the link and you can find most of the answers

Reactions: amnher

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Why do I can't see the differences between the latest fxp release (fxp216) and the old release cm9.1 from get.cm?
I mean, they both are very stable, have the same minor bugs (empty notif drawer, no auto brightness), low fps video rec, same battery consumption, etc, etc, ...

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Why do I can't see the differences between the latest fxp release (fxp216) and the old release cm9.1 from get.cm?
I mean, they both are very stable, have the same minor bugs (empty notif drawer, no auto brightness), low fps video rec, same battery consumption, etc, etc, ...

it turns out that fxp216 is obviously better than cm9.1 from get.cm, the accelerometer works normal without additional fix, the graphic performance is also good without flashing another adreno libs/drivers package.

sangorys

Jun 2, 2007
Hello,

sorry if my questions are stupid. I have install this FXP216 ROM for my girlfriend. The target was : stable and quick

I have some questions :confused: :
1. The battery drain is now about 10 hours instead of 2 days. Is there any way to improve it ?
2. In Parameters => About => CyanogenMod updates : there is an available update called cm-9.1.0. Do I have to use this update or not ?
3. The GPS need a minimum of 5 mn to get the position. Is there a way to improve it ?
4. Is the FXP in JB 10 or 10.1 are stable and quick and good battery/gps ?

Thank you... and thanks again for the FXP team and the forum guys... :victory:

Vynikal

Sep 29, 2012
Hello,

sorry if my questions are stupid. I have install this FXP216 ROM for my girlfriend. The target was : stable and quick

I have some questions :confused: :
1. The battery drain is now about 10 hours instead of 2 days. Is there any way to improve it ?
2. In Parameters => About => CyanogenMod updates : there is an available update called cm-9.1.0. Do I have to use this update or not ?
3. The GPS need a minimum of 5 mn to get the position. Is there a way to improve it ?
4. Is the FXP in JB 10 or 10.1 are stable and quick and good battery/gps ?

Thank you... and thanks again for the FXP team and the forum guys... :victory:
1. Install BetterBatteryStats (search for it on xda) and look on Partial wakelocks to figure out, which apps are draining battery. You can also look to settings-->battery.
2. Don't update. This is stable relase from get.cm, but FXP version is newer and better.
3. Install FasterGPS and set your region and country.
4. Yes, it is. If you want CM 10, use this ROM. For CM 10.1, try THIS. Only camera is worse than on CM 9.

sangorys

Jun 2, 2007
1. Install BetterBatteryStats (search for it on xda) and look on Partial wakelocks to figure out, which apps are draining battery. You can also look to settings-->battery.
2. Don't update. This is stable relase from get.cm, but FXP version is newer and better.
3. Install FasterGPS and set your region and country.
4. Yes, it is. If you want CM 10, use this ROM. For CM 10.1, try THIS. Only camera is worse than on CM 9.

OK, thanks for all your answers. May I ask you a last information ? What is worse for camera ?

Vynikal

Sep 29, 2012
No chance for 720p recording, only 480p.

Sent from my Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WORKING
    AUDIO - ok
    GPS - ok
    WIFI - ok - new wl12xx_mac80211
    TOUCH SCREEN - ok
    CWM RECOVERY 5.5 - ok
    BT - ok
    GSM - ok
    VIDEO DECODER - ok
    3D - ok
    GRALLOC - ok
    HOTSPOT - ok
    USB UMS - ok
    CAMERA - ok (including video recording)
    ANT+ - ok
    HDMI - disabled
    FM - ok
    CAMERA - ok

NOT WORKING
    look on bug tracker for remaining bugs
    DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP

IMPOTANT
    Unlocking device on unlock website or by testpoint voids your waranty !
    hy all

1. we explained serveral times that even if an kernel is tested after all patches are merged there can be upstream changes that break it (no boot bug)
    we test every release when we work on something and then build is started for all devices

2. we release weekely so that we can test togeter for bugs and try to please everybody that is asking for new roms as soon as old one is released (we get mails for new release on monday morning at 5 min after previews rom is released)

3.MOST IMPORTANT - this is an development thread
    if you want to join us you can anytime contribute and fix things but all your pushes are useless unless those are pushed to cyanogen review system so that everybody can test and merge them upstream

4.STOP advertising other roms "i will move to xxx ROM wich is better"
    this is an development thread, you are free move to any rom you wish,

5.STOP asking for SONY features or camera
    those are prop stuff and are not open source
    if you need them move to stock rom

6.DELAYS and BUGS
    we are 4 people maintaining 12 devices and adding 6 new devices
    we have jobs and families, we have our own life and we do the work done usually by hundred people

7.DONATIONS
    we want to thank to all donors wich donated an total amount of supported our work

WE WORK IN OUR FREE TIME AND WE ARE NOT PAYED SO STOP ASKING US FOR DEADLINES, FEATURES, AND BUGS (we will fix/add them in time)
    br
    J
    FreeXperia Team

I think there is a another philosophy and they're not lazy... As I said, please don't be personally.

First one is: I am sure they are testing. But they aren't testing the whole builds, they just flash/add their fixed libraries or modules manually and these work.

Then: The kernel thingy: they fixed their kernel... but possibly forgot to make the appropriate changes to the build scripts that run the complete builds for public delivery. This is almost also a lot of work to do. Just look yourself: hnl_dk posted threads on "how to build you own cm" sync that repos to your workarea and look at the huge amount of build scripts and how they are dependand... ;) if you update/sync your repo regularly you will see there are at least daily changes on the build scripts... as well on the side of cm...
    The cyanogenmod is very collaborative. THere are also sometimes bugs in the CM, that FXP is not responsible of (like this statusbar-bug(s)), but they take the rumors.
    I agree FXP could be more "sorry" also of things they are not really responsible of... but this also would make people more happy. But the philosophy behind is: If a build gets sadly broken by a little mistake... it will get fixed with next build and they do it about every week... but you can do it yourself, too.

More or less I can also say: its the lazy people that don't go through this huge XDA community to find out how to build their own working kernel or how to fix the broken kernels with correct ramdisk... They're also too lazy to make senseful analysis and give appropriate bug reports.

I don't think your view of how they work matches the truth of how they work. Because there is no "they" there is a "we" and a main group called "FXP" that helps us with (developing) skills the most of "we/us" does not have. So in my view it is wrong to nag around. You can whine but at the same time you should give information or do something against that... this will help us making the rom complete :)

Aaand: nags cause lack of motivation, so the more you nag against the "we", the more you destroy it... then don't expect help... etc.

Btw: what do you mean it lags? cm9 is also very smooth now. Remember you have to fill the dalvik cache first. so there is always one or two reboots needed (after full startup) to have this smooth feeling. I also recommend ondemand or smartassV2 governor (smartassV2 has to be added to kernel manually), I also encountered lags with interactive (the default one).
    FXP148 released
    upload will take 1h
    FXP148 extended kernel released for Xperia Mini Pro.

I will release a kernel for the Xperia Mini too later, but please note it is untested, because I don't have such a device.

I will try to release an extended ROM for the Xperia Mini Pro today and one for the Xperia Mini tomorrow (last one untested).

The kernels will have the latest FXP fixes (if they were all released) and the ROM's will now have ALS enabled and a backported CMFileManager included.

See the links in my signature for details.

Edit: kernels for both devices and ROM for one device available, ROM for Xperia Mini is being uploaded now.