Minimalist ROM with microG support advice?

Search This thread
Dear all LG G7 users, I would like to create this thread to discuss about ways of using LG G7 with all the basic features working and without Google Apps and Services.
I have a EU G7 with latest firmware and updates (Android 10) This is what I am looking for:
  • Working USB Tethering Hotspot and WiFi hotspot
  • Working Gcam
  • Working Bank Apps
  • Working microG
  • Good GPS signal
  • AOD - Always On Display (if possible)
  • DT2W - Double Tap to Wake (if possible)
I see there are a few ROMs like LineageOS 18.1, Dot 5, and others. But I am unsure of which one offers the stability I am looking for (not customization). It is ok to use Android 10.

I have downloaded the file from LG to unlock my bootloader, so I am ready ;) my goal is to get rid of Google, and I am aware that with stock rom, even if I like it, it is not possible.

Thanks in advance for everyone who will join the discussion.

EmanuelCN

• Mar 29, 2017
    Dear all LG G7 users, I would like to create this thread to discuss about ways of using LG G7 with all the basic features working and without Google Apps and Services.
    I have a EU G7 with latest firmware and updates (Android 10) This is what I am looking for:
    • Working USB Tethering Hotspot and WiFi hotspot
    • Working Gcam
    • Working Bank Apps
    • Working microG
    • Good GPS signal
    • AOD - Always On Display (if possible)
    • DT2W - Double Tap to Wake (if possible)
    I see there are a few ROMs like LineageOS 18.1, Dot 5, and others. But I am unsure of which one offers the stability I am looking for (not customization). It is ok to use Android 10.

I have downloaded the file from LG to unlock my bootloader, so I am ready ;) my goal is to get rid of Google, and I am aware that with stock rom, even if I like it, it is not possible.

Thanks in advance for everyone who will join the discussion.
    dotos, also usb tethering won't work on any rom, unless you use pda net

EmanuelCN

• Mar 29, 2017
    I thought custom ROMs based on Android 11 did not have USB tethering. So not even Android 10 based custom ROMs have it? That's strange that a paid app like PDANET allows USB tethering
    Because the app itself allow it through their own method. its not using android's implementation. And no, not even android 10 roms have it working on g7

Reactions: TheArt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I thought custom ROMs based on Android 11 did not have USB tethering. So not even Android 10 based custom ROMs have it? That's strange that a paid app like PDANET allows USB tethering
      Because the app itself allow it through their own method. its not using android's implementation. And no, not even android 10 roms have it working on g7
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone