[miniTUT][WIN10]Installing ADB Drivers for Sony Devices on Windows 10

Maciek602

May 10, 2013
Hi, I have managed to install proper ADB drivers on my Win10 and I came up with an idea that it might be useful for other XDA Community members.
You have to manually install the drivers since there is no installer available that is Win10 compatible.

INSTRUCIONS
1. Download drivers for your Sony device from this site LINK
2. Extract the drivers
2. Connect your device to the PC and turn on USB Debugging
3. Open device manager and find a device with a warning icon
4. Right click on the device and choose update driver
5. Choose install the driver manually option (the second one)
6. Enter the path to your extracted drivers (TO THE MAIN FOLDER "/YourDevice'sName")
7. Please make sure that Include subfolder option is checked

8. Install the drivers
9. Restart your PC

Tested on Xperia Z1 Compact​

Last edited:

Kizoky

Jun 13, 2014
Between 2 Castles
The other way is to disable signed-driver verification on Windows 10, so every driver will be installed. (It might be a bit risky as you can install a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit o.s but it won't work)

V4LKyR

Jun 6, 2014
The other way is to disable signed-driver verification on Windows 10, so every driver will be installed. (It might be a bit risky as you can install a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit o.s but it won't work)
It's okay if it just doesn't work, but it's not okay if it screws up the whole system :p

Ikarisan

Apr 22, 2012
Cologne
Hi!

I can't get this to work. My Z5 has ADB debugging switched on but there is no device with a warning icon. In ADB mode my Z5 is listed as "portable device". There is no ADB device visible. :(