Minix NEO X8 and X8-H Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV BOX

Search This thread

brajonnz09

Sep 16, 2014
Exact same problem

I have the M8 S802 box, which is (almost) the same as the NEO X8. Box works fine, but I can't get youtube or netflix in 1080p. looks like 480p or 720p at best.

I've searched some, but I can't figure out if 1080p is even possible on android devices in general ?

Does anybody have any ideas ?

I have the exact unit as you and have the exact problem as you. Netflix runs at 480p and the video sort of stutters every 3-5 seconds even though my windows 8 app runs it super nice.

Another problem I have is I am unable to copy files from the box's internal memory to the hooked up USB storage. Its 2 terabyte by theway and I can play files from it just fine but unable to copy.

I keep on getting error such as Overwrite failed. Any idea?

Last edited:

wookie02

Sep 17, 2014
Hi guys
I have the minix neo x8-h.
I use a Rii keyboard K08.
I am getting double key presses.
Any ideas?
Thanks

My Rii K08 was doing the same thing. I'm using it connected to PC and seems to be working now, must mean the battery needed charging.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

anyone having issues with xbmc? basically sound cuts out for 1-2 seconds every 15-20 minutes, only on streaming i.e.1channel, mashup, istream.. must be an xbmc issue or FW issue.... x8h connected via ethernet and hdmi. I'm running stock FW.

Last edited:

kyriakos_p

Oct 14, 2012
playing games with A2 airmouse

But anyone knows how to play games with A2 airmouse?
I found a video on youtube playing asphalt 8 on minix x7(I can t post it because it's my first post on XDA)
But it doesn't work if you just plug it on and launch the game

umby75

Mar 9, 2012
Why does Ebay still not close the deal?

sent from Int. GT-I9505 & stock KK 4.4.2 no brand, Rome - Italy

yogisays09

Mar 29, 2012
Navi Mumbai
its a fraud . will be applying my refund after 1 week as you cant until the purchase is 10 days old. Informed ebay about these 2 fraudulent sales.

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Do these work ok with apps that normally disable hdmi output?

Xfinity, HBO go etc?

If so, how is the remote interface, a bit clunky or ok.

Thanks

CANEKiTA

May 11, 2011
yes it works fine with those apps.

The stock remote works fine but a remote with an air mouse feature or just using a wireless mouse work best.

Last edited:

oct01

Jun 20, 2010
Stream ps4 games

Question.. I goggled this.. But couldn't find anything on it..
Is it possible to stream ps4 to games to this device?? Like the ps tv??
Or if anyone knows.. If it will be possible run xbmc and other TV streaming programs with the pstv?? Thank you

atmos929

Sep 27, 2012
Moto G9 Plus
I was really looking into buying the Neo X8-H, unfortunately I stream content mainly from Netflix... It's been really hard to google around to get a straight answer whether we can do Netflix HD streaming that I decided to mail Minix Support with this question.

They simply answered "You will not be able to stream from Netflix HD on our units." :(

Now... does anyone know if there's a hacked Netflix apk that enables HD streaming? Or if using Market Unlocker and "disguising" as a Nexus 10 may enable it? :(

Last edited:

atmos929

Sep 27, 2012
Moto G9 Plus
Alright, I continued my research... I read somewhere that Nexus 10 can do Netflix HD, so I looked further into that... unfortunately Market Helper does not have Nexus 10 option... but I found this thread in which tells you what modifications to do to the build.prop in order to disguise as a Nexus 10. I have tested and I was able to see a lot better quality in Netflix, not sure if full HD cuz my note 2 is not 1080p, but it did get better, So we would need someone with a Neo X8-H to perform the final test and report if 1080p quality was possible.

hopefully someone will report something... some day :)

Helen Li

May 2, 2014
Just received my X8-H. Mine came with the following firmware. Is there a newer version out there?

photo_1_Resized.jpg

Also, i tried using the OTA update option, but failed.

photo_3_Resized.jpg

photo_2_Resized.jpg

You can have a look this, the latest firmware for MINIX NEO X8: http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/blog/the-latest-minix-neo-x8-x8-h-android-tv-box-firmware/

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Is it worth waiting for the RK3288 (X9)?

I am waiting for the next gen to replace my old single core box. It isn't going to be a pressing matter until August.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm also worth waiting for the RK3288 Android TV box of MINIX. This's the most detailed rumor about MINIX NEO X9: http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/blog/minix-neo-x9-android-tv-box-is-coming/

if6was9

Sep 3, 2012
Lemoore
to install this, do you need root acces?

No, this is the official beta from Minix. It is just in a flashable zip format that makes it more convenient to install. The format from Minix requires you to interface with computer to use their flashing tool, which some have had issues with if their computer is Windows 8. More info available at Freaktab.
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?18224-NEW-Minix-Neo-X8-X8-H-Stock-BETA-009-in-flashable-ZIP-format

Top Liked Posts