• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Minor Annoying Bugs

Search This thread

OrianPledge

Mar 16, 2021
Early adapter, shifted from samsung and Miui is dumpster fire.

Annoying bugs:
1) Aux/Handsfree doesn't provides full volume untill you lock and unlock your phone, music stops, you play again, music gets higher volume
*UPDATE: Turning screen on and off doesn't work. It now works when you do or receive a voice call over network while plugging in the headphone jack.*

2) It just keeps killing apps. Turned off battery saver, Manually set up every app not to be optimized. Turned off miui optimization (tried turning it on) no luck.
*Update: it still is aggressive but updates have made it a little better, still sucks tho*

3) Chrome and other browser simply do not care, they just kill your page. Go to another link for one sec, come back, page reloads.
*Update: Somewhat better*

4) when you search something in any browser, and tried editing it on the second attempt, cursor simply doesn't show
*Update: Solved*

5) Whatsapp notifications show previous messages instead of current message received, have to open notifications center to see who texted

6) Can't change keyboard layout and size, tried third party, it simply doesn't work

7) Navigation gestures are a disaster, phone lags horribly, stutters in every app, pip goes wild, apps overlap, hot mess. E.g maps just doesn't do pip with gestures

8) well, pip is very buggy, glitches 4 out of 10 times, any app. Dual screen mode buggy, apps weird out when try to resize them, even supported apps
*Update: Floating windows works fine. Pip is better, not flawless but much much better*

9) You can't change navigation button style unless changing whole phones theme from the app. Try 3rd party, it just overlaps over current one

10) biggest annoyance, No second space. I used secure folder a lot, it just doesn't have one, tried everything, googling, no answers.
*Update: Its hidden, it's definitely triggerable by activity launcher but xiaomi has hidden it from the settings which is stupidly weird?*

11) Doesn't hides punch hole in landscape, tried everything, 3rd party apps, magisk, it simply doesn't care

12) Having no sensor for turning off screen while on call, it shows, IT REALLY SHOWS. When you're on a call, a simple hand gesture would turn off your screen and it would not turn it on untill you swing your phone

13) Auto brightness is a joke, its hit and miss. 7/10 times have to adjust myself

14) Phone vibrates on full volume, plastic body shows but sound is more than decent, no distortions

14) Doesn't charges the phone while gaming, but lags the games like crazy you simply can't charge and play with the original charger, 10w charger works fine. No option to disable fast charging

15) Baked ads in every system app, Replace every system app, i repeat replace every system. E.g music, file manager, gallery

16) Disable scanning while installing apps, it sometimes unlocks the phone by itself and display over anything you're doing

(Edit 1)
17) Phones doesn't triggers screen to turn on when someone calls, when battery saver is turned on. You have to unlock the phone, open notifications and than click on the call notification and than pick up.

Apart from these bugs, phone works great for its price. Kindly mention if anything can be done for these. Will keep updating with solutions and more bugs (hope not)

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
You -shouldn't- charge while using. Most smartphone power controllers behave like that by design.
Think of it as character rather than bugs🤣

OrianPledge

Mar 16, 2021
You -shouldn't- charge while using. Most smartphone power controllers behave like that by design.
Think of it as character rather than bugs🤣
Well why shouldn't you? Everyone s usage differs, my works like that. Used samsung devices for years, never had the issue to charge and use? It actually charged at the same rate on heavy use as it charges while not using the phone.

This phone? Oh my, it goes crazy slow and doesn't charge at all on 33w but does fine on 10w charger

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Well why shouldn't you? Everyone s usage differs, my works like that. Used samsung devices for years, never had the issue to charge and use? It actually charged at the same rate on heavy use as it charges while not using the phone.

This phone? Oh my, it goes crazy slow and doesn't charge at all on 33w but does fine on 10w charger
It skews the charge curve. It will charge little and drives up the battery temp needlessly.
10 watts is nothing... it supports fast charging, right? Use the right brick and cable.
A damaged Li will fast charge erratically or not at all.

OrianPledge

Mar 16, 2021
It skews the charge curve. It will charge little and drives up the battery temp needlessly.
10 watts is nothing... it supports fast charging, right? Use the right brick and cable.
Thank you, I'll try to use the original brick but 10w is a life saver when I need to use my phone at the same time. I'm not planning to prolong the phones life anyway.

It's not much of a difference if we really look into it, 0-50 33w is faster but after 50%, both bricks perform marginally same

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thank you, I'll try to use the original brick but 10w is a life saver when I need to use my phone at the same time. I'm not planning to prolong the phones life anyway.

It's not much of a difference if we really look into it, 0-50 33w is faster but after 50%, both bricks perform marginally same
I've noticed the battery performance/life drops faster when using the device like that so I avoid it.
Odd that faster charging disengages at 50%.
Keep an eye open for signs of battery swelling, replace it asap if you spot that. You don't need an 💥event💥 to occur.

OrianPledge

Mar 16, 2021
I've noticed the battery performance/life drops faster when using the device like that so I avoid it.
Odd that faster charging disengages at 50%.
Keep an eye open for signs of battery swelling, replace it asap if you spot that. You don't need an 💥event💥 to occur.
Its a brand new phone, I really doubt that the battery is swole. I never really experienced battery losing life on newer phones which is drastically noticeable, over time, battery loses health anyways, whats more 5%.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Its a brand new phone, I really doubt that the battery is swole. I never really experienced battery losing life on newer phones which is drastically noticeable, over time, battery loses health anyways, whats more 5%.
Li batteries can fail at any time. It's rare for events to happen but lower level failures are common.
I just replaced one that failed on my Note 10+, fortunately its swelling didn't damage the display.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.