Minor Update VRALHE – Definitely Not Jelly Bean

Search This thread

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
is there a new radio?

Yeah - I love the samsungs but for some reason they don't work as well as other phones on the Verizon network. If I only used a few hundred minutes per month, I might not notice however I spend about 2-3 thousand minutes per month on the phone so I'm VERY aware of when a phone has a radio issue.

GREGHARKINS

Jan 18, 2006
Is this out yet or just coming... I run synergy and can't take ota updates.. Anyone have this pulled out yet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
With every OTA the question is the same - could this possibly lock the bootloader again? This looks like it's just an updated gmail and play store apk, wonder why its 62MB in size.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
I believe he was being sarcastic because EVERY time something hits the news about our device twenty different people come here and start twenty different threads about the topic. So far this is the only one...so far.

no i meant no one else seems to be mentioning this new update but this thread. not even on rootzwiki. im shocked the new radios are not posted.

Brian Gove

Jul 26, 2012
Land of Oz
With every OTA the question is the same - could this possibly lock the bootloader again? This looks like it's just an updated gmail and play store apk, wonder why its 62MB in size.

It just says 'email' not 'Gmail'. We wouldn't get an update to Gmail from Verizon, we'd get it from the play store. Or the leaked one that's kicking around the forums.

no i meant no one else seems to be mentioning this new update but this thread. not even on rootzwiki. im shocked the new radios are not posted.

It's on rootz.... http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35308-minor-update-vralhe-–-definitely-not-jelly-bean/ :D

Brian Gove

Jul 26, 2012
Land of Oz
Maybe it will fix the horrible no sim error

The no SIM problem I wouldn't think would be a software issue considering it doesn't affect all the phones. There are many many people who do not have this issue. I'm actually pretty sure I read something a while ago that said the SIM cards they are making are crappy quality, therefor that could be the culprit. I dunno tho for sure.

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
I don't know about that. That is something I have been thinking about lately..... I have been having a problem with my phones service, I live in a strong 3g and 4g area, and after I rooted both of my GS3's they started dropping service left and right where before they hadn't. The more I have read about the no sim issue the more it sounds just like my service dropping problem just without the no sim message appearing for me. So I wonder if more of the phone have it than we think and we think the terrible service is because of the radios when in all actuality its the no sim error and it just doesn't pop up the no sim message..... yes I know Samsung radios are crap on Verizon but I have plenty more Samsung phones that have never had any service issue whatsoever, whereas this phone you have to hold you head a certain way with both your arms stretched out and your tongue touching your nose just to send a message.

Sent by one of my many Anthromorphic Personifications

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
I'm running the HD, so this new HE must be like one build newer I would guess.
I wonder if people running HD will receive the OTA to HE, or just those running F2, G1 and G7.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone