• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Minor warning in exif data of pictures from org.linageos.snap

Search This thread

DHD4Me

Dec 19, 2011
In this post I describe a problem on my H3113 with taking picture and sharing with the signal messenger app. I try to understand the problem and try to find out if there are a problem in lineageos or the signal app.

If I take pictures with org.linageos.snap (2.02.072), LineageOS 18.1-20210603 I can't share this picture in the signal messaging app. But after a edit the picture with exiftool like

Code:
exiftool.exe "c:\Users\user\Downloads\IMG_20210607_135140.jpg" -Make=cam -o save.jpg

exiftool do fix a minor thing of the original picture.

Code:
Warning: [minor] Entries in IFD0 were out of sequence. Fixed.

If I copy the save.jpg back to phone it is possible to send it with signal messenger. Have anybody the same issue with signal messenger?

On github of the signal app I have a picture exampe which not works and a picture where I have delete the complete exif data.

Open Camera works but I want like to use the snap app. Thank for help and ansers. :)

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria