• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mio P550 / P350 ROM upload

Search This thread

wallas

May 12, 2008
Service Menu P550

He!
Me P550 don't boot and don't load service menu (reset + arrow down) do you know if is possible reset it? Thank you

nnannos

Jan 12, 2008
I need the eng rom for MIO P550 but the P13 does anyone have it?Please someone make a dump and upload it please

Last edited:

tony350

Jul 9, 2008
DONE!!! With the following procedure i can repair my p350 lowlevel formatted.
The rom in archive is the only that don't hang upgrade procedure on 99% between the 6+ i've tried.

MITAC P350 flashed with P550 fimware fully working!

Many thanks also to pdaclub.pl!

So:

1) Download this file http :// www . klubin.hrleon . com / pda / ROM_do_p550_rg . zip (delete space)
2) Boot your mitac in bootloader model (down arrow pressed)
3) Go to "0=Image Upgrade Tools"
4) Then go to "0=Image by USB"
5) Decompress the file to a folder and open dnw.exe
6) Check Configuration->Options. Set USB Port Download address at 0x3000000
7) Connect the pda to the pc usb port
Cool On dnw.exe go to USB Port->Transmit->Transmit and select MioP550 - Osc260A R05_P09.nb0
9) Wait for finish flashing procedure (it take about 2 minutes).
10) Disconnect the pda and make hard reset
11) You done!!!

I tried many rom but this is the only that don't make flashing procedure hang at 99%.
The rom contain only English software.

Now I'm very happy and looking for italian one!

BR

cid
Great job, following your instructions I saved my MIO P350.
The only problem is the english version of the ROM, have you found the italian one?
Thanks a lot.

Jul 11, 2008
Campina Grande
The image on screem, is deslocate 0,5cm from de right side, and the image vibrate =(, n i cant find another version of the rom, only this version:

R05.30101.0331

Someone have this same problem?

I have the some problem, my mios is a p550b, i think is your case. I have other p550b and screen is ok, how can i get the rom of another ? i have a dump.bin of p550b, how to converto to nb0 ? can you help us ? i can upload to you the dump.bin (of p550b).

andu001ro

Sep 23, 2007
I have the some problem, my mios is a p550b, i think is your case. I have other p550b and screen is ok, how can i get the rom of another ? i have a dump.bin of p550b, how to converto to nb0 ? can you help us ? i can upload to you the dump.bin (of p550b).

Hy!:):):)
Can U upload the dump.bin of p550b on rapidshare or megaupload ... please!!!
I’ve been looking for this version for quite of time…
Please uploaded somewhere … anywhere … just uploaded … pleaseeeee !!!!
10x!!

tony350

Jul 9, 2008
10x!!
You can follow the following actions list originally posted by cid254. It works, the ROM is in english. (I'm still looking for the italian version !!).
The USB driver for the PC must be installed before to connect the PDA, you can find it here http://poi.betterstore.com.au.

1) Download this file http :// www . klubin.hrleon . com / pda / ROM_do_p550_rg . zip (delete space)
2) Boot your mitac in bootloader model (down arrow pressed)
3) Go to "0=Image Upgrade Tools"
4) Then go to "0=Image by USB"
5) Decompress the file to a folder and open dnw.exe
6) Check Configuration->Options. Set USB Port Download address at 0x3000000
7) Connect the pda to the pc usb port
Cool On dnw.exe go to USB Port->Transmit->Transmit and select MioP550 - Osc260A R05_P09.nb0
9) Wait for finish flashing procedure (it take about 2 minutes).
10) Disconnect the pda and make hard reset
11) You done!!!

Jul 11, 2008
Campina Grande
10x!!

Ok i have a original rom of p550b, i try to converto on nb0 but i don't know how, if you know please show-me how to do.

link of raw files of P550B: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZLPCD3AO

hsrp

Jul 31, 2008
Does anyone have mio p350 japanese rom??

please kindly give me mio p350 japanese rom.

doraku88

Jul 1, 2008
Hi all,

i am a new member of XDA Forums. I have been reading and searching for WM6 roms for my MioP360.

Currently, I have chinese WM6 installed on the P360 and prefer to have the english rom. Would appreciate if someone can upload the P360 English WM6 rom :)

Also, is it possible to use the P350 rom on the P360? they are both very similar devices where the P360 has more ram/rom memory etc.

Cheers!

Ianwyt

Aug 4, 2008
Mortsel
As this is my first post, I'd like to say hallo to everybody on this fantastic forum.
I am not an expert on PDA's, But I exchanged an old laptop with a MIO P350 a couple of weeks ago, and I'd like to let it work as good as possible.

I began by upgrading it using Osc260a r05_p09.nb0 and, thanks to your instructions, it worked perfectly.

I installed all the programs and games that where on it again and everything works.

But after installing the SDHC.cab file I can only read and use a 4Gb SDHC card.
If I place a 16Gb card into the slot I can see all the files on it, but I can't use them, I get an error every time I want to start a program or copy a file from it.
I think it can't read behind the 4Gb limit.

Another problem is that I can't connect to the Internet.

I have a Sandisk wi-fi SDIO card (SDWSBD-000) and after installing the driver I can see it, but it will not connect to my wireless router even if I can see the five lines of the full signal it sends.

I tried to install the WM6 version of the ROM, everything works too, except the SDIO card and the SDHC driver, even if the drivers are loaded I can't use both. Only normal SD cards work.

Someone having the same problems? I would really appreciate if I could find a solution to them.

Thanks in advance, regards,

Ianwyt

p6699

Aug 19, 2008
Anyone has Chinese P360 ROM?

Is there anyone has Chinese P360 ROM? I have a English P360 Rom developed by CrashOverHead and I installed it on my P350. It works! But I prefer to have a Chinese P360 Rom or someone can tell me how to get into engineering mode of P360. My friend has a P360 but I could not get into engineering mode to make a rom backup.

doraku88, can you get inito engineeing mode? I read a tHread on other forum and people said to slide the power switch to on and at mean time hold the power button on the top of machine. But it doesn't work for me.

emporio05

Aug 20, 2008
Hi there, I have the same problem. I have tried also detaching battery for some minutes but it also did not help.

Someone pleeease help ! :(

Regards,
Viktor L. Takacs

Same happened to me when T620 freeze during a user store dump and had to reset it ... couldn't enter boot menu, tried to remove battery etc. After 2h of trying usb flashing tools and stuff (non of them worked), i tried starting the device with the On-Off button (with the stylus) while pressing the joystick down (instead of Reset - joystick down) ... and suprise, it entered the boot menu !!

Trial and error ftw :)

Hope it helps,
Cheers

gredellisse

Aug 20, 2008
P550 Crash during upgrade to WM6.1

Hello,

During the upgrade of Mio P550 to WM6.1 (from WM5), the process crashed ! (black screen)
Now, it doesn't boot.

Can you tel me how to reload the os into the ROM or any ohter method to repair it ?

Thank you,

Grégoire

p6699

Aug 19, 2008
Hello,

During the upgrade of Mio P550 to WM6.1 (from WM5), the process crashed ! (black screen)
Now, it doesn't boot.

Can you tel me how to reload the os into the ROM or any ohter method to repair it ?

Thank you,

Grégoire

Can you still get into bootloader? If yes, upgrade the ROM as usual but better from SD card. As my experience of wm6, if I tried to upgrade from usb, it stops at 99%. But after I format my sd card and upgrade from there, it finishes smoothly. For some reason, it seems very important to format SD card first. Hope this help!

Top Liked Posts