Themes / Apps / Mods Mirror2RearUltra (rear screen mirroring) (quick tile) (1.0.2)

Search This thread
Dec 15, 2017
So it took me a couple of days but I developed a rear screen mirroring app called Mirror2RearUltra. It consists of a quick setting tile and nothing more.

Try it out for yourself, see what happens. I don't know how to squash the bugs but the source (and APK) is available on GitHub if anybody wants to take a peek.

Yes, it does mirror the display onto the rear display.

Chr0m3Chaos

Jun 20, 2017
@GuyWithRootedPhone I was just reviewing your code on github and as a casual android developer with no experience with this kind of thing (dealing with extra screens) it doesn't look TOO hard. I was wondering though, do you think it'd be possible to build an application that could read notifications and display them to the subscreen? I just absolutely hate that Xiaomi only allows it's default messaging and dialer app to display actual details to the subscreen. I love Google's implementation of Messenger and that's my preferred texting app, but with that as default, nothing appears like the Xiaomi messenger. Same situation with Google's dialer application.

If you have any ideas/tips you could throw my way, I'd be very interested in working on such an app that would allow selected applications to display their contents on the subscreen.

I actually had an idea about using rear screen as an input surface while gaming. For example you can map touches/swipes on rear screen onto an action/touch on front screen area and get another functionality. Your app is quite promising to start with. Thanks for this.

Last edited:

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Works fine on mine. Once installed, just swipe from the top, turn it on, click start now and when you tap rear screen to start, it shows main screen. Sorry can't take rear screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-31-02-548_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-31-02-548_com.brave.browser.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-31-11-134_com.android.systemui.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-31-11-134_com.android.systemui.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 140

droidDHD

Nov 28, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Rotation doesn't work.

Try put camera in video mode and you will end up upside down on rear display.

I would like this to work, because this is my missing feature from Android 12. That all camera options are seen in rear display.

I can't use android 12 and mui 13 because of one sim not able to do call forwarding.

Otherwise works, would be better if it was written in advance that you need to place it in quick launch.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts