MirrorLink mod for VW Passat B8 - mirroring in motion

Search This thread

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Hello There,
I am looking for someone who has managed to somehow mode their Android phone to mirror the phone's screen directly to Modular Infotainment System (MIB II) of VW Passat B8 (Discovery Pro) WHILE DRIVING.
The new Passat allows to fully mirror screen only when stationary, when in motion it only allows a few certified by VW (useless) apps to work and so people cannot use for example Google Maps or Spotify while driving.
There is an external vendor navigation app available in motion - Sygic. From what I've seen there have been successful attempts to unlock mirroring in motion.
avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81179-full-screen-mirroring-working-in-mirrorlink-s6/
cnet.com/news/unlock-full-android-app-mirroring-on-your-dashboard-with-this-appradio-hack/

To conclude the hardware specs are as following:
Discover Pro (VW MIB II)
Hardware: H41

Does anyone know something in this subject and can help?
Cheers!

Last edited:

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Do you think that would also work with MirrorLink? I thaught it only unlock DVD playback. Maybe it's worth a try...

Last edited:

kinhung132

May 20, 2010
It should works fine. The module should fake the headunit about the current car speed.
There are Golf 7 / Audi A3 version modules which are MQB platform too. They should works fine with Passat B8.

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Hi! Could you please try runnig GoogleMaps for example while driving, or just play around with phone menu during driving...
Sygic is oficialy certified app for MirrorLink and it works fine even in moton with or without cracks/patches/mods :)
Much appreciate!
Cheers!

war1

Mar 17, 2011
Hello There,
I am looking for someone who has managed to somehow mode their Android phone to mirror the phone's screen directly to Modular Infotainment System (MIB II) of VW Passat B8 (Discovery Pro) WHILE DRIVING.
The new Passat allows to fully mirror screen only when stationary, when in motion it only allows a few certified by VW (useless) apps to work and so people cannot use for example Google Maps or Spotify while driving.
There is an external vendor navigation app available in motion - Sygic. From what I've seen there have been successful attempts to unlock mirroring in motion.
avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81179-full-screen-mirroring-working-in-mirrorlink-s6/
cnet.com/news/unlock-full-android-app-mirroring-on-your-dashboard-with-this-appradio-hack/

To conclude the hardware specs are as following:
Discover Pro (VW MIB II)
Hardware: H41

Does anyone know something in this subject and can help?
Cheers!

Google Maps and Spotify not mirrorlink certificate, only Android Auto.

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
I know :) that's why I am looking a bypass to enable Mirroring of the full screen of my mobile phone while driving, not only when stationary. This is possible because I saw it working on devices such as Pioneer, but I would like to run it on VW Discover Pro :)

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Dallas
I know :) that's why I am looking a bypass to enable Mirroring of the full screen of my mobile phone while driving, not only when stationary. This is possible because I saw it working on devices such as Pioneer, but I would like to run it on VW Discover Pro :)

Any updates here? I am also looking to get ML working on my MIB II while driving ... :good:

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Last edited:

pab567

Sep 19, 2007
Warsaw
The video shows my car :) The phone in HTC One M8s. It has a great application HTC Car which has Mirrorlink certificate and is a kind of launcher. Using it, you can launch ANY application in Mirrorlink while NOT driving. But then using this app and the unlock adapater that is presented in above video you can use any application whil edriving :)

So you shoul dtry if HTC Car works with your phone under Mirrorlink and if yes then with this unlock adapter you can run app while driving.

If anyone is interested in unlock adapter pls contact me - I run a company and can sell it with regular invoice. And if run a company having EU VAT ID then I can sell it with no VAT charge!

Michael nz

Sep 28, 2016
Need more information

The video shows my car :) The phone in HTC One M8s. It has a great application HTC Car which has Mirrorlink certificate and is a kind of launcher. Using it, you can launch ANY application in Mirrorlink while NOT driving. But then using this app and the unlock adapater that is presented in above video you can use any application whil edriving :)

So you shoul dtry if HTC Car works with your phone under Mirrorlink and if yes then with this unlock adapter you can run app while driving.

If anyone is interested in unlock adapter pls contact me - I run a company and can sell it with regular invoice. And if run a company having EU VAT ID then I can sell it with no VAT charge!

Hi there,
I have HTC M9 with VW Passat B8 and would like to use Car apps as much as I can with Mirrorlink while I am driving.
I want to purchase your solution if it is affordable and easy to install so please provide me your solution detail to my email address '[email protected]'.
Please include available product detail such as website link, detail image, price (in NZD) and installation guide.
I wish it can be delivered to New Zealand as well.
Thank you.

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Hi there,
I have HTC M9 with VW Passat B8 and would like to use Car apps as much as I can with Mirrorlink while I am driving.
I want to purchase your solution if it is affordable and easy to install so please provide me your solution detail to my email address '[email protected]'.
Please include available product detail such as website link, detail image, price (in NZD) and installation guide.
I wish it can be delivered to New Zealand as well.
Thank you.
you can find this here (google translate the page)
https://translate.google.com/transl...-golf-columbus-iii-skoda-p-137.html&sandbox=1

chris666x

Jul 24, 2008
I have managed to find a workaround for mirroring in Motion only for Samsung Galaxy S6 & S7.
I have put the comment in this movie showing how it works in my car.

Hi Szylton,
Your video is impressive. I have the same discover pro and s7, but when I connect the phone with mirrorlink to the radio I only get few apps avaliable. What do I have to install to get the same full screen on the discover pro?
Many thanks

szylton

Aug 18, 2015
Warszawa
Hi Szylton,
Your video is impressive. I have the same discover pro and s7, but when I connect the phone with mirrorlink to the radio I only get few apps avaliable. What do I have to install to get the same full screen on the discover pro?
Many thanks

Hello Chris,
Have you seen the description of the video I've posted. It's all there :)
You need Car Mode from Samsung Apps, and sometimes Nova Launcher also can do the difference.
Let me know if you understood whats written in the description on YT.
Cheers,
Simon

vuurvlinder

Sep 21, 2006
Meppel
for me, s5 6.0.1 , this works, https://youtu.be/orR5QX3tJmg

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

and with lg g4, works non rooted without adjustments. best way to v.i.m. is the hardware adjustment in your v.a.g car, which will cost around 140 euros.

jokergermany

Jul 24, 2010
I want to buy a passat variant (2017) with discover media.
I have a phone with cm11 with root.
Will it work too?

Yogibearal

Jun 22, 2007
Specific to VW only, All you need to do is buy OBDEleven tool an use an application specific to your car to unlock MirrorLink in Motion. No need to have something plugged into you car all the time to spoof speed to the units. They have apps for B7 and B8 with MIB2. Discover Pro and Discover. They did not have an app for my 2017 NMS Passat - but I gave them my cars information and they provided an app right away within the next couple of days.

Top Liked Posts