[MISC] Enable Adhoc Networks

Search This thread

phensta77

Oct 14, 2010
More or less desperately searching for a solution, so I will just ask in here:
Will this patch work on a Desire with running the following:
Android 2.3.3, Leedroid 3.0.6 (Gingerbread)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Great job, works!

Last edited:

thunder9111

Jul 25, 2010
can I apply this fix to my stock desire s phone? (without s-off)
is there a step by step i can follow?

Last edited:

thunder9111

Jul 25, 2010
so basically I can't use it until there is a way to s-off and perm-root the desire s right? sigh.. i want adhoc network badly..

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
I'm on this for the whole evening now, so forgive if it's a stupid question, but can i use any of this on my rooted SE Arc (Gingerbread 2.3.2.)?
I know i only need the wpa.supplicant to replace in system/bin but when i try to extract your zip i get an error and a zero bites file.

tx in advance for your reply!

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
I'm on this for the whole evening now, so forgive if it's a stupid question, but can i use any of this on my rooted SE Arc (Gingerbread 2.3.2.)?
I know i only need the wpa.supplicant to replace in system/bin but when i try to extract your zip i get an error and a zero bites file.

tx in advance for your reply!

download with a pc then it works

liorry

Aug 1, 2009
Ok, created a ad-hoc network with my laptop and tried to connect to it with my Nexus S (after I flashed the patch) and it founds the network but can't connect to it... says "Obtaining IP..." for a minute or two and then shows "Disconnected".
I'm using SupeAosp 8.2 ROM (Android 2.3.4)

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
Ok, created a ad-hoc network with my laptop and tried to connect to it with my Nexus S (after I flashed the patch) and it founds the network but can't connect to it... says "Obtaining IP..." for a minute or two and then shows "Disconnected".
I'm using SupeAosp 8.2 ROM (Android 2.3.4)

Enable internet connection sharing on laptop to get automatic ip.
Its a dhcp error

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

Reactions: liorry

liorry

Aug 1, 2009
Enable internet connection sharing on laptop to get automatic ip.
Its a dhcp error

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

Didn't work on AOSP Android 2.3.4 ROM - WiFi stopped finding networks completely.
If it helps, I flashed SupeAosp 2.3.4 ROM and it worked. not sure if it's the script or the ROM feature as it known to have the Ad Hoc fix already installed...

Top Liked Posts