Mismatched Vendor/System build.prop? android system there's an internal problem...

Search This thread

nanohead

Oct 28, 2013
XT 1644 (4GB/64GB). Flashed to AOSP 8.1 (5.8), all is basically running well except the torch/flashlight.

From what I've surmised, after the ROM flash, there's a mismatch between the /vendor/build.prop and /system/build prop causing the silly "Android System there's an internal problem with your device. contact your manufacturer for details"

The fingerprint mismatch is odd, as the vendor file has almost the same one as the system, but if I do a "getprop ro.build.fingerprint", I get something else entirely. Trying to figure out where all the fingerprint data is stored

Nothing wrong with the phone, but I've fixed all the other pesky items, and would love to fix this one.

Has anyone tackled this issue?

davek17

Jun 19, 2007
www.raptorhub.com
Hi there

I share your frustration, see here:https://xdaforums.com/android/help/build-prop-android-8-1-issues-editing-t3949531

I have what I think is the same issue. i can basically do anything I want with a device I have, but as soon as I touch the /system/build.prop I get bootloop!!

I'm pretty experienced so its not permissions, bad build.prop, have tested DM-Verity etc

My guess so far is that something is looking up the system and vendor build.props and not liking something for some reason.

Your last post was a year ago, did you manage to resolve this?

Oct 17, 2010
I usually change /system/build.prop and have never had an issue up through Android 10. I know this is elementary and no intention to offend anyone - but are you sure the file is being saved with unix-style line endings.