Missing Galaxy S III support for Samsung TV’s

Search This thread

MaNIaCv1

Dec 15, 2006
For those with one of the newer Samsung Smart TV’s there no S3 compatible versions of the Samsung Remote or Samsung Smart View apps on Play, which I used a lot on my S1, and apparently we’ll have to wait until late summer for an update to get Allshare Cast working directly with these TV's. It’s a bit of a disappointment. I’m sure updates will arrive eventually, but it’s a shame the phone’s not feature complete at launch.

MaNIaC

Reactions: dalex7777

dalex7777

Feb 4, 2010
Houston
For those with one of the newer Samsung Smart TV’s there no S3 compatible versions of the Samsung Remote or Samsung Smart View apps on Play, which I used a lot on my S1, and apparently we’ll have to wait until late summer for an update to get Allshare Cast working directly with these TV's. It’s a bit of a disappointment. I’m sure updates will arrive eventually, but it’s a shame the phone’s not feature complete at launch.

MaNIaC

Yes, I wonder if it has something to do with the WiFi chipset or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)? I used to run the Samsung remote app on all of my phones, but I noticed my HTC EVO 4G LTE (basically the One X with MicroSD and kickstand) is not compatible with either of the newer Samsung apps.

I guess I will keep my OG Samsung Epic around for QWERTY remote duties.

brumle80

Feb 4, 2008
I got smart view to work on my galaxy S3, but I used the titanium backup from my galaxy S2 :)
no idea what fixed it, haven't got it running on my gf's S3 yet...

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Actually, I tore apart the Samsung remote apps to take a peek as I'm an Android Developer.

Anyone who does Android Dev will appreciate what I have to say next:.

The remote app consists of almost a 100 layouts all written using Absolute Layout, at best, the remote doesn't align on the screen buttons overlap etc, at worst, it crashes on startup from bitmap allocations exceeding the VM heap. Which is what happens on the S3..

Samsung got some really sh*t devs to write the remote and I've already emailed offering to rewrite it lol, but alas, the email, via the market url probably went direct to those devs.

I did get it working on my note by rewriting a few of the layouts but got bored after about 20.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

snowwhite007

Jan 17, 2011
Scotland
Iff you want to make a better app I'm free to help I'm sure the original was created by a ten year old who found sdk and decided to have a play

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

badnews640

Jan 8, 2008
New Jersey
does anyone have issues with using the Allshare Cast/Play?

My samsung tv recognizes my s3/comp but when i attempt to open the internal storage music or video folders, my tv freezes. idk what the issue is.

bakskj

Dec 1, 2009
I just dl`ed the samsung smart view .apk after googling a while to find it.

It is version 3.2.0 and it works 100% for my samsung bluray player BD-E8300. Both the smart view and the remote control. I just dont see why samsung wont release it officially via the app store.

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
There is a version on play store released recently, that's compatible with sgs3.
Including working dual view feature for high end tv and bluray.
Note 2 not supported still. If you force install, like restoring sgs3 titanium backup, dual view does not work, but remote does. This artificial prohibition started with 3.2.1. So 3.2.0 works for both sgs3 and sn2, while latest works fully only for sgs3.

SmartView 3.2.2

JKAY DELUXE [I9300 JB 4.1.2]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MaNIaC
    Fully working version 3.2.0

http://db.tt/w01rLA0O

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone