Missing Market Apps

Search This thread

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
Hi all, I have read a lot about missing apps in the market, but it seams to me that there is an unusually high number missing from my rooted Kindle....

Could someone please confirm if the following apps are also missing from their market?

Be Weather
Weather Bug
Go Launcher EX
Dolphin Browser HD
Weight Watchers Mobile (the official app)

I see themes for a lot of these, but not the main apps.

Also, I tried the fix.apk file that I have used on my phone, but it didn't get me what I was hoping for. Thanks

Reactions: jasonqw1

MichaelVash7886

Nov 24, 2011
Don't have a fire yet, but can confirm from a few other places that these were removed from the Amazon marketplace for the Fire. You can still sideload them though. Seems this was done a few days ago once everyone started posting that this was a way to get rid of the carousel.

siafu

Jan 15, 2007
Hi all, I have read a lot about missing apps in the market, but it seams to me that there is an unusually high number missing from my rooted Kindle....

Could someone please confirm if the following apps are also missing from their market?

Be Weather
Weather Bug
Go Launcher EX
Dolphin Browser HD

Also, I tried the fix.apk file that I have used on my phone, but it didn't get me what I was hoping for. Thanks

Not on mine either. Perhaps since the Fire isn't one the "compatible" list they are not even available to download.

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
Don't have a fire yet, but can confirm from a few other places that these were removed from the Amazon marketplace for the Fire. You can still sideload them though. Seems this was done a few days ago once everyone started posting that this was a way to get rid of the carousel.

I have side loaded done apps, but note all work. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

burnedspy

Nov 24, 2011
i have go launcher ex and dolphin hd running right now. I did sideload them, i just did it when i was sideloading all the google apps and such. You might do some apk searches on the web. Otherwise it may take a couple weeks for them to be available for the fire (widgetlocker has already updated for the fire, for example).

FlashFire1

Nov 25, 2011
The Android Market does not contain all of the available apps. It only contains apps that are compatible for your device. So if you have a Kindle Fire it will only show you apps they are compatible with the KFire. That does not mean that you cannot sideload those apps from the Internet.

But, not all sideloaded apps work though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

zandroidz

Aug 29, 2010
When I first got my Kindle, I was able to download Go Launcher Ex from the App Store, then when I had a friend get it, it was gone. Ended up sideloading it, but yes, there appears to be a filter.

thekitch

Nov 16, 2011
It really would be quite awesome if there was a way to override this filtering in the android market for those that are rooted. I would love to take my chances.

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
Google Voice App Receives, but no way to send texts

I read through all FOUR pages of the Kindle Fire forum but did not see anything about this.

I have successfully installed (side loaded) Google Market and Maps on a rooted Fire. I also installed Google Voice (all apk's from my EVO).

GV runs and displays incoming texts, but there is no way to write or send a text. When you click on a text conversation, it opens but there is no text box to write in.

Clicking menu does not give a "compose" option.

Since GV sends texts over the Internet, I am puzzled why this does not work.
I downloaded another texting app and that one does work, but it gives you yet another "phone" number, which just confuses my contacts (they dont know who is texting them).

Anyone got GV working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Be Weather
    Weather Bug
    Go Launcher EX
    Dolphin Browser HD

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone