• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Missing or hidden features?

Search This thread

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
I got my Pixel 6 Pro yesterday and opened it up today and a few things initially that are driving me crazy. I cant change the app drawer to 4x5 or 5x5 or the home screen. I found how but the options are not there. Also, how do I get rid of the massive clock on the lock screen to show a normal clock?

Reactions: dirtyissa62

rrob13

Mar 19, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Also, how do I get rid of the massive clock on the lock screen to show a normal clock?
The only fix for this for now is to have a persistent notification running. That will reduce the clock size and move the clock to the upper left corner. I use Today Weather for that. The Persistent Notifications app works too.

Hopefully Google will add the option to resize the lockscreen clock in a future update. I hate it too.

jl2222

I found out how that option is just not there. I went to my classic Nova launcher for this
Myself and my uncle had the same issues with our P6P. The option to change the grid didnt show up. We discovered that for some reason Nova launcher was messing with this option. Deleting Nova from the phone and rebooting and this option should appear. Not sure why this is happening with Nova installed.

squazz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-213940.png
    Screenshot_20211109-213940.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20211109-213924.png
    Screenshot_20211109-213924.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 51

paeddi

Jul 5, 2012
Dahoam
Google Pixel 6
When I got the Pixel 6, that option wasn't there either. I checked again the next day and only then did I find it. I think I started the device once in between.
Edit:
As mentioned before: I had Nova installed on an other device, which was transferred to Pixel 6. Maybe I fixed it with deleting Nova.
Maybe I got it after the november update was installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my Pixel 6 Pro yesterday and opened it up today and a few things initially that are driving me crazy. I cant change the app drawer to 4x5 or 5x5 or the home screen. I found how but the options are not there. Also, how do I get rid of the massive clock on the lock screen to show a normal clock?
    Hi @GrandMstrBud
    You can change to 5x5 home app grid by
    • long pressing the screen,
    • select 'Wallpaper and Style',
    • scroll down and select App Grid - to select your choice
    Just to confirm I have the Pixel 6 (non pro)
    Hi @GrandMstrBud
    You can change to 5x5 home app grid by
    • long pressing the screen,
    • select 'Wallpaper and Style',
    • scroll down and select App Grid - to select your choice
    Just to confirm I have the Pixel 6 (non pro)
    I found out how that option is just not there. I went to my classic Nova launcher for this