MIUI 10 China Stable ROM to Developer ROM

Search This thread

burgess_boy

Sep 8, 2009
Bristol
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have recently purchased my first Xiaomi device (Mi 8) and so far I am impressed. I currently have a locked bootloader but have only got 15 days or so left until it is unlocked. In the mean time I was interested in upgrading my current ROM (China Stable ver 10.0.9.0) to China Developer ROM (ver 8.11.15). From what i have read I was under the impression that changing between a stable and developer/beta rom of the same region (EU, Global or China) was allowed.
I have tried doing it by the local update method which didn't work and then via XiaoMiTool to which I got to the very end of the process and was left with the following screenshot (image below) which states that I need to unlock the bootloader in order to update to China Developer ROM, is this correct? Does anyone know of any way I can install the latest China Developer Rom via another method without unlocking bootloader? Could I sideload it using XiaomiADB?

Any help would be appreciated.

204303a7nanixh6ohhpepv.png.thumb.jpg

boc11

Jun 1, 2009
You can update from china stable to china dev. Just download the latest china dev and select it from the phone`s updater. You don`t need unlocked botloader for this. I did it on my mi5 and mi8, but this will format your phone.