MIUI 12.0.2.0 Global stable ROM with November Security patch

Search This thread

predek

Dec 26, 2014
Thanks for the information

Is new update bringing july security patch? Whyred is my first Xiaomi device, so basically I'm asking if is there a policy for security update. Are always they delivering security patch with monthly delay with stable version and a couple of weeks with developer one?

Thank you!

ra9na

Feb 23, 2009
I don't understand why this is a big deal... If you unlock the bootloader you can flash whatever you want or not?
And the newer version SHOULD be better than the previous ones...

Last edited:

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Is new update bringing july security patch? Whyred is my first Xiaomi device, so basically I'm asking if is there a policy for security update. Are always they delivering security patch with monthly delay with stable version and a couple of weeks with developer one?

Thank you!

you can expect stable update for every two weeks (sometimes it will take longer time to fix some serious bugs)...
nope this update doesn't bring July security patch it is still on 2018-06-01 patch level.... we can expect July security patch within this month.

Reactions: predek

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
I don't understand why this is a big deal... If you unlock the bootloader you can flash whatever you want or not?

Some users reported that they bricked their mobile after installing twrp recovery.... well in theory once you unlocked your bootloader ARP doesn't make any sense... moreover one can reflash present build anytime.. example 9.5.19 bring anti rollback protection but if something happens we can reflash 9.5.19 version anytime

ra9na

Feb 23, 2009
Some users reported that they bricked their mobile after installing twrp recovery.... well in theory once you unlocked your bootloader ARP doesn't make any sense... moreover one can reflash present build anytime.. example 9.5.19 bring anti rollback protection but if something happens we can reflash 9.5.19 version anytime

Until now it was possible to flash TWRP without unlocking the bootloader?
If that's true then you have to be careful to install TWRP only once the bootloader is unlocked.

ra9na

Feb 23, 2009

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Ok... that would be the conclusion. If you can't even mess with the original recovery, then the only thing you can do is flashing a completely different ROM.
That means also 9.5.17 is the last one "supporting" TWRP.

Yes.thats how xiaomi made it.. but once you installed custom ROM then you may able to flash twrp recovery..

Last edited:

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Just curious, Is your phone's bootloader unlocked and twrp installed (maybe also root) now on 9.5.19? Trying to find out whether upgrade to 9.5.19 works on unlocked and twrp installed RN5 9.5.17.

Thanks.

Nope. Mine is locked bootloader... Without modification to system files

invianet

Sep 21, 2013
view

I can flash and Boot into TWRP and then Root via Magisk

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

view

I can flash and Boot into TWRP and then Root via Magisk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dWHaZ9JFzozkzh0QOijXJpgcyMn_x2bc/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Reactions: SunilSuni

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone