• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MIUI 12.1.4 (Android 11) Major Bugs

Search This thread

xdduser

Jul 7, 2012
Yesterday I received MIUI 12.1.4 Global Stable update Redmi K20. Which is full of bugs.

1. For example: Now I cannot use open with option for any file type. If I want to send an image via whatsapp, I cant do that. When I click the image and select "complete action using", I get error"No apps can open this content"

2. Similarly, if I want to send an app link via whatsapp, it gets stuck in a loop of "open with".

3. Dark theme for apps does not work. Even if I forcefully turn on the dark mode for an app which doesnot support dark mode, the app shows in Light theme. MIUI 11 was able to do this fine.

In summary, this is the most UNstable ROM I have seen. I dont know why are they calling it Stable ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadK9

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Yesterday I received MIUI 12.1.4 stable update. Which is full of bugs.

1. For example: Now I cannot use open with option for any file type. If I want to send an image via whatsapp, I cant do that. When I click the image and select "complete action using", I get error"No apps can open this content"

2. Similarly, if I want to send an app link via whatsapp, it gets stuck in a loop of "open with".

3. Dark theme for apps does not work. Even if I forcefully turn on the dark mode for an app which doesnot support dark mode, the app shows in Light theme. MIUI 11 was able to do this fine.

In summary, this is the most UNstable ROM I have seen. I dont know why are they calling it Stable ROM.
What's your location? I don't see any sources that this build will be available for the Mi 9T in Europe.
The last thing I heard was an update from 12 0.5 to 12.0.9 just updating the security patch.

xdduser

Jul 7, 2012
What's your location? I don't see any sources that this build will be available for the Mi 9T in Europe.
The last thing I heard was an update from 12 0.5 to 12.0.9 just updating the security patch.
Asia.

5. Look at this weird loop. Pathetic MIUI developers.
6. I have disabled circles and enabled numbers in Poco Launcher Notification Badges. But look at the weird circle on top of Play Store icon. Shame on MIUI devs for putting half baked MIUI 12.1 without any testing.

Screenshot_2021-07-25-10-16-35-576_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Asia.

5. Look at this weird loop. Pathetic MIUI developers.
6. I have disabled circles and enabled numbers in Poco Launcher Notification Badges. But look at the weird circle on top of Play Store icon. Shame on MIUI devs for putting half baked MIUI 12.1 without any testing.

View attachment 5370085
Please be specific - which exactly phone are you talking about and which firmware?
Is it Mi 9T / Redmi K20, is it Global, China, India, what?

Reactions: Wolfcity

Akash_555

Jul 27, 2021
Yesterday I received MIUI 12.1.4 Global Stable update Redmi K20. Which is full of bugs.

Hi, I am from India using Redmi K20 pro. I got this stupid update and now I am also facing this issue. Can't share anything over whatsapp because of this.

Reactions: MadK9 and xdduser

rounakr94

Jan 29, 2015
I also flashed this update but I don't face any of the issues mentioned here. Rom is smooth.
Battery backup is a bit low but that maybe my 2yr old phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-01-01-21-58-156_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-01-01-21-58-156_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 135

Maverickk22

Aug 1, 2021
After receiving this 12.1.4 update on my K20 here in India call signal strength has gone down massively, so has the battery life & there's a lot of stutter while switching between apps, it feels like I've downgraded from a 60hz refresh rate to 30 hz

Reactions: xdduser

Krzychu91

Jul 29, 2010
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
i was updated my mi 9t yesterday.
This is version for mi pilot members only and I'm one of them 😁😁 It's much better than previous 12.1.2 version.
Switching beetween apps is smooth as never before, whole rom is buttery smooth. I have only one issue with gallery app. When I switch between Albums and Pictures by swiping, app crashing.

• Wow
Reactions: rms112

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
i was updated my mi 9t yesterday.
This is version for mi pilot members only and I'm one of them 😁😁 It's much better than previous 12.1.2 version.
Switching beetween apps is smooth as never before, whole rom is buttery smooth. I have only one issue with gallery app. When I switch between Albums and Pictures by swiping, app crashing.
Download link was published in Xiaomi News Telegram channel - does it mean anybody can install through TWRP (supposidely, formatting Data wiuld be required or recommend)?

Denish Ramnarain

Aug 10, 2021
Hello, I also have a Xiaomi Mi 9t global. I updated to 12.0.9 QFJMIXM a while ago because my device is QFJMIXM, but this morning MIUI 12.1.4 RFJMIXM appeared as available for update in my settings, so I updated. I was unaware of the Raphel and Davanci and was concerned after updating, but I contacted the Xiaomi support team in the USA and they assured me that everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about. I haven't discovered any problems in mine yet, like you stated, but if I do, I will publish them on XDA.

Lu3if4r

Aug 11, 2021

hey! I have the same issue, last night I updated my Redmi K20 to MIUI 12.1.4, and nothing works, the gestures are gone, the dark mode doesn't work and the battery performance has gone down significantly. I can't use any 3rd party launchers. Is there any way to fix this or roll back to a previous version? ( unlocking bootloader takes wayy too much time though )

Reactions: xdduser

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
hey! I have the same issue, last night I updated my Redmi K20 to MIUI 12.1.4, and nothing works, the gestures are gone, the dark mode doesn't work and the battery performance has gone down significantly. I can't use any 3rd party launchers. Is there any way to fix this or roll back to a previous version? ( unlocking bootloader takes wayy too much time though )
Im not on 12.1.4 but accordingly to Xoaomi.eu (EMUI 12.6):
- gestures should work with stock launcher
- Settings, Display, More dark mode options, and disable Dark mode for few apps (e g. Facebook) where you have problems with

- Also, to avoid problems like: cannot open this or that, cannot share pictures, etc: Settings, Apps, Manage apps, navigate to WhatsApp, Browser, etc and for each of them enable Permissions, Access items in the clipboard

Last edited:

Denish Ramnarain

Aug 10, 2021
i am sorry to hear about your issues after the update; please contact the xiaomi support team online if your issues remain unresolved: https://www.mi.com/global/support/contact/. I also have a xiaomi mi 9T and since updating to 12.1.4 RFJMIXM, I've discovered three bugs. The first is that my wifi logo occasionally says it's turning on when it isn't; secondly, I normally record my calls; now, when I record them and try to play them back using the xiaomi recorder, it says the file cannot be found or is corrupt, which is false; when I use my file manager, I can play them back with third party players such as stellio music and The third issue I discovered is that when I use ultra battery saver, my phone sometimes freezes when i try to exit and I have to force restart my phone.

I also face several issues with A11 on my Note 8T.
1 I get lag in open apps.
2 Screenshot function by 3 finger slide not working even if is selected.
3 Cannot share picture from Gallery and File Manager to WhatsApp.
And who knows how many more bugs are there deep inside... I already see the battery life is shorter...
I wonder, what the Jesus those Xiaomi devs are doing when they work on this versions? There is no quality control on their side? There are lots of beta testers, mi pilots plus their team. How in the Jesus name they do not discover all those bugs before a version goes stable to the users??? GOD ALMIGHTY!

Im not on 12.1.4 but accordingly to Xoaomi.eu (EMUI 12.6):
- gestures should work with stock launcher
- Settings, Display, More dark mode options, and disable Dark mode for few apps (e g. Facebook) where you have problems with

- Also, to avoid problems like: cannot open this or that, cannot share pictures, etc: Settings, Apps, Manage apps, navigate to WhatsApp, Browser, etc and for each of them enable Permissions, Access items in the clipboard
All permissions are granted and yet issue is still there... There is a message about some profiles, personal and work... And there is no app to manage the files???

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
All permissions are granted and yet issue is still there... There is a message about some profiles, personal and work... And there is no app to manage the files???
I don't care about the Files app (on any phone), I always use MiXplorer (available from GPlay or XDA)- absolutely the best File Mngr

To share a picture, URL, whatever (probably also causing problems for Open with functionaliries and similar), each and every app (you want to use with) must be granted Clipboard permussion (by default they are not granted)

Also, many problems will be caused by 3rd party launchers - stay with the stock launcher or search around for workarounds (I've recently seen a discussion that for Nova launcher users fixed issues by editing build props, etc)

I personally don't use this 12.1 and don't care about, but I use MIUI 12.1-12.6 A11 from Xiaomi eu (which is based on Xiaomi weekly development builds, from what Xiaomi later releases official updates)a already for 9 months on my daily drivera and I like it (otherwise, I would not stay all the time)!!!
But Ive seen (and experienced) all those and similar issues with MIUI 12+ and A11 and read/found workarounds for those I was interested in (e.g. I didn't care about issues 3rd pty launchers), etc.
I was all that time on Xiaomi eu forum, there are lot of users there (with all phones receiving Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12+/A11 updates), and for any issue there was a discussion there, with workarounds, etc

I just want to say, sorry I'm not going to teach anybody here how to fix this or that, just that I did have similar problems but found the solutions (once you set here or there something, you later forget what and how it was)

But unfortunately, maybe also Xiaomi.eu 12.6 (although formally Beta, based on the latest not-tested weekly fevelopment build) could be more mature than the official 12.1 in some aspects, hence I cannot guarantee you anything about that official 12.1

And one more thing. For some problems on Xiaomi.eu, 'solution' was to Format Data - however, that is required anywhy when you switch the ROM but I agree it is not the 'solution' for everage Joe user who just receives the stock OTA upgrade

Sorry for typos, writing outdoors, on sun, can hardly see what I'm typing in

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Tenv go to main page of settings and search for Autofill and change Autofill service to Google.
    @Tenv you have disabled MIUI Optimizations. You need to reenable them.

Hi, I am from India using Redmi K20 pro. I got this stupid update and now I am also facing this issue. Can't share anything over whatsapp because of this.
    I own a Redmi K20 (davincii-Indian device), I got this update yesterday. Incoming and outgoing calls get disconnected automatically ever since.
    @mr_bartek It worked, thank you very much I didn't know that option!