General MIUI 12.5.1.0 (RKBMIXM) Official Stable Global OTA ROM (Venus)

Search This thread

PeternelG

May 12, 2021
Sorry for stupid questions... I am new in xiaomi... How can I install this on my phone? I think i have EEA. Bootloader is locked till monday. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
Hi , sorry for the questions I'm wanting to buy the Chinese mi 11 but like to know the process to flash stock global rom

After flashing will I get ota updates ?
Will banking apps work ?
5g will work I'm in the UK and see the band supported

Thank you

iamrance.asa

Sorry for stupid questions... I am new in xiaomi... How can I install this on my phone? I think i have EEA. Bootloader is locked till monday. Thanks in advance
No question is stupid if helps you out. You'll need to have the bootloader unlocked unless it says RKBMIXM in your about phone section. EEA is RKBEUXM. If you're in Europe, I would stay with the EEA ROM because it seems to work better in general. Global might offer some better cellular signal in other places but it's iffy. I haven't really seen a difference in signal after switching from EEA to Global (I'm in the U.S). If you want to install it after unlocking the bootloader, then you should wait until c.mi.com uploads it on their site since it will be in a better format for it.
Hi , sorry for the questions I'm wanting to buy the Chinese mi 11 but like to know the process to flash stock global rom

Will banking apps work ?

Thank you
Yes. You will get OTA updates. Banking apps work on mine just fine which is on global, unlocked, and has magisk. According to this, all 5G bands in the UK are supported. Widevine L1 is working on mine still after clean flashing Global.

This ROM isn't meant to flash from a different variant since it's an OTA. If you want flash the global ROM, follow these steps:

1. Unlock bootloader with Xiaomi MiUnlock tool (you'll have to wait 168hours)
  2. Download the ROM you want from here
  3. Then follow this guide (skip step 2 in this guide since you've already downloaded the ROM you wanted)

Last edited:
Reactions: uscool

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
No question is stupid if helps you out. You'll need to have the bootloader unlocked unless it says RKBMIXM in your about phone section. EEA is RKBEUXM. If you're in Europe, I would stay with the EEA ROM because it seems to work better in general. Global might offer some better cellular signal in other places but it's iffy. I haven't really seen a difference in signal after switching from EEA to Global (I'm in the U.S). If you want to install it after unlocking the bootloader, then you should wait until c.mi.com uploads it on their site since it will be in a better format for it.

Yes. You will get OTA updates. Banking apps work on mine just fine which is on global, unlocked, and has magisk. According to this, all 5G bands in the UK are supported. Widevine L1 is working on mine still after clean flashing Global.

This ROM isn't meant to flash from a different variant since it's an OTA. If you want flash the global ROM, follow these steps:

3. Then follow this guide (skip step 2 in this guide since you've already downloaded the ROM you wanted)
That's very clear to understand thanks for taking up the time to explain , I'll get the EEA as I'm in the UK the one thing I dont understand what is magisk ?

Thanks Again

iamrance.asa

That's very clear to understand thanks for taking up the time to explain , I'll get the EEA as I'm in the UK the one thing I dont understand what is magisk ?

Thanks Again
Magisk is a systemless root method. Usually root will trip bank apps but you can hide Magisk and keep SafetyNet intact (this is what tell banking apps, etc if the device is modified or not). It's not necessary to have. I just figured you were planning on it since you asked about banking apps.

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
Magisk is a systemless root method. Usually root will trip bank apps but you can hide Magisk and keep SafetyNet intact (this is what tell banking apps, etc if the device is modified or not). It's not necessary to have. I just figured you were planning on it since you asked about banking apps.

Would I need Magisk if flashing stock rom to have access to banking apps ? it leaves root open ? I would just prefer to the phone to act like stock and get OTA updates

Thanks

ghismo83

Apr 27, 2012
With last update i see more ram used. I ve debloated my rom but previuosly i had 5gb ram free with 0.13 rom now 4gb.

Reactions: jurarj

iamrance.asa

8gb/128gb with Xiaomi GaN charger Type-C 55W

£514.00 and don't have to worry about custom charges 7/9 day delivery

Will flash stock EU rom
I ordered mine from GizTop, didn't have to pay any customs but it took forever to get here even when I paid for expedited. So it ended up arriving a couple days before the Pro/Ultra/11i were announced. Also came with an EU charger since that's the factory one, so I had to order a GaN charger for it. :ROFLMAO: It wasn't the best experience but now I have two black/green ported 65w GaN blocks for it and a pretty neat magnetic cable. I spend around $38 for the first one, though. The second one I snagged for a cool $15

unused ram is wasted ram
it's not like on windows or something

it's basically good if there is not too much free ram
I've honestly never really thought about ram consumption except for when it's causing slowdowns. I'll start keeping this in mind

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
I ordered mine from GizTop, didn't have to pay any customs but it took forever to get here even when I paid for expedited. So it ended up arriving a couple days before the Pro/Ultra/11i were announced. Also came with an EU charger since that's the factory one, so I had to order a GaN charger for it. :ROFLMAO: It wasn't the best experience but now I have two black/green ported 65w GaN blocks for it and a pretty neat magnetic cable. I spend around $38 for the first one, though. The second one I snagged for a cool $15

I've honestly never really thought about ram consumption except for when it's causing slowdowns. I'll start keeping this in mind

Damn I don't think I could handle that wait , I went with Wonda Mobile and have very good reviews hopefully get it quickly can't wait to try it currently have mi 9t looking forward checking out the 120hz and wanted bigger screen

iamrance.asa

Damn I don't think I could handle that wait , I went with Wonda Mobile and have very good reviews hopefully get it quickly can't wait to try it currently have mi 9t looking forward checking out the 120hz and wanted bigger screen
Yeah, kind of killed my excitement by the time it got here. Planning to get the Ultra soon too because I'm a sucker for that camera bump on the back. Hopefully it won't take so long to get here but there really isn't many good options to get it here quick at a fair price

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
Yeah, kind of killed my excitement by the time it got here. Planning to get the Ultra soon too because I'm a sucker for that camera bump on the back. Hopefully it won't take so long to get here but there really isn't many good options to get it here quick at a fair price

I dont use camera much so not the main thing for me also like how Xiaomi give you that option and still not taking away the rest of the spec , for example look at the s21 they also take away the screen size

So preparing with the files and looking at the guide
Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install

The MiFlash2020-3-14-0 doesnt install can only decompress the files can you just select XiaoMiFlash.exe in folder to open it

The Rom file from the link you provided
miui_VENUSEEAGlobal_V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM_27c451d5b7_11.0.zip

On the guide it says
(Please check if the ROM file suffix is '.tgz'. If it is '.gz', please rename it to '.tgz')

When I decompress the zip and try selecting it in MiFlash it says Couldnt Find flash script

Can I just download venus_eea_global_images_V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM_20210402.0000.00_11.0_eea_4c0dda6f7f.tgz

Its in the guide

Also I make sure clean all and lock isnt selected

I just want stock EU ROM I just flash once and future updates done by OTA

Thanks

iamrance.asa

Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install

The MiFlash2020-3-14-0 doesnt install can only decompress the files can you just select XiaoMiFlash.exe in folder to open it

The Rom file from the link you provided
miui_VENUSEEAGlobal_V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM_27c451d5b7_11.0.zip

On the guide it says
(Please check if the ROM file suffix is '.tgz'. If it is '.gz', please rename it to '.tgz')

Can I just download venus_eea_global_images_V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM_20210402.0000.00_11.0_eea_4c0dda6f7f.tgz
Yeah, that seems to be my bad. Download the one from the flashing guide in tgz for it. I didn't think about the ones in the Rom Downloads sections being in a different format.

By the way, you might have noticed this ROM is MIUI 12 and not the 12.5. So you will have an update soon after flashing but probably not instantly. When I flashed Global, it took a little for Updater to catch up. So don't worry if it doesn't show any updates when you first try.

I'll update this section after I look on my computer for the miflash version I used. I first had a portable that didn't work (driver reading issues) so if I remember correctly, I downloaded an older one in msi format and updated. I
Itsin the guide

So it appears I downloaded two after the first portable. MiFlash 20181115 which seems to also be portable with more option and MiFlash v7.4.25 which installed on Windows. I would trying the newer first to see if it works correctly for you, then the second as a fallback. You can just click on XiaoMiFlash.exe in first one's folder.
Also I make sure clean all and lock isnt selected

I just want stock EU ROM I just flash once and future updates done by OTA

Thanks
**update** You can't have lock on if you're on a China variant and using a ROM other than the China Official! It will result in brick since it doesn't support any other rom being locked on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: uscool

uscool

Jul 20, 2011
Yeah, that seems to be my bad. Download the one from the flashing guide in tgz for it. I didn't think about the ones in the Rom Downloads sections being in a different format.

By the way, you might have noticed this ROM is MIUI 12 and not the 12.5. So you will have an update soon after flashing but probably not instantly. When I flashed Global, it took a little for Updater to catch up. So don't worry if it doesn't show any updates when you first try.

I'll update this section after I look on my computer for the miflash version I used. I first had a portable that didn't work (driver reading issues) so if I remember correctly, I downloaded an older one in msi format and updated. I
Itsin the guide

Yes you can keep it on "Clean all and lock." It will lock the bootloader back after flashing. It also gives you an error at the end if you just have "clean all" selected (something like lock script not initialized or something) which isn't something to be concerned about. It's also possible to wait and lock it with "fastboot oem lock" command, instead.
No problem I don't mind not having latest update right away I can just wait for OTA just like I would if bought EU version

I was watching YouTube step by step on flashing and he mentioned not to select Clean all and lock it will brick the phone ?

Does it matter if I leave it open it won't effect banking apps ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I manually installed latest netflix apk seems to load fine will get my friend to log in later to see if it plays stuff , when I try to search it on google play it doesnt come up ? is this same issue with eu/global bought phones ?

Dont really have much issues Bank apps work fine still dont understand about 5G it was working with my provider with chinese rom and area has very good 5G coverage highest I got is 4G+

what makes me more confused all UK networks use the same 5G band and I tested two other networks and 5G works fine , maybe the network disabled 5G on my account ? My cousin has an mi10 which was bought from UK I will test my sim on that

Im not too interested trying custom recovery maybe later , the xiaomi.eu rom with twrp out does that get OTA updates now ?

I have attached screenshot of safetyNet

Thanks for all the help
    Yeah, it seems like it's an carrier issue if it is just the one carrier and they use the same bands. Maybe an APN setting or they could be blocking it on their end. You will need to contact them about it since it's a band that works on it with other carriers.

Ah, I see that SafetyNet is indeed failing on your device via CTS Profile. So let's fix this with Magisk since it has to be a unlocked bootloader issue.

Installing Magisk:
    Method 1: (with fastboot and firmware)
    **Make sure you have the firmware for the exact firmware your on (i.e. MIUI 12.0.13 have MIUI 12.0.13, MIUI 12.5.1.0 have 12.5.1.0 -- and with the same regional rom identifier)**
    1. Extract firmware zip and copy the boot.img onto your phone's storage
      • adb push [drag the boot.img into terminal here] /sdcard
    2. Install Magisk APK
      • adb install [drag downloaded Magisk APK here]
    3. Open Magisk on phone, click install, then click "Select and Patch a File"
      • Select the boot.img pushed in step 1 then "Let's Go"
    4. It should patch the boot.img and give you a link to the patched one
      • adb pull /sdcard/download/magisk_patched-23000_xxxxx.img [location on computer you want it]
    5. Type "adb reboot bootloader"
    6. Type "fastboot boot [pull patched boot.img for location you picked in step 4]"
      • Enter. (Phone should now boot)
    7. If things go correctly, you should now have a temporary root. Go to Magisk>Install>Direct Install>Let's Go
      • If it happens to bootloop, you can just hold down the power and volume buttons and let it restart. It will use the original unaltered boot.
    8. Now you have it permanently installed
    Method 2: (TWRP and Magisk.zip)(No custom recovery install)
    1. Download TWRP for Mi 11 and Magisk zip (from the Magisk APK)
      • Should have the option in Magisk App>Install to download the zip (leave zip in phone storage)
    2. Type "adb reboot bootloader"
    3. Type "fastboot boot [drag TWRP.img from step 1 here]" and Enter
      • This won't install it since it's the fastboot boot command
    4. It should boot into TWRP
      • If it asks for a password, it's your pinlock for your phone. If pin doesn't work, restart the phone and turn screen lock off (this is a bug in TWRP)
    5. Accept the allow TWRP to modify device, etc stuff
    6. Click the "install" option then find the Magisk.zip that was downloaded and flash it.
      • **MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK ANYTHING ASKING YOU TO INSTALL TWRP! Check Advanced Tab and Settings Tab and after choosing to reboot, make sure not to accept install TWRP if it asks! **
    7. If successful Magisk should be install. You can reboot the phone now.
    Magisk Setup/Fixing SafetyNet:
    1. Go to Magisk>Settings (Gear icon)
    2. Hide the Magisk Manager package and Enable MagiskHide then back out of settings
    3. Click on Shield Icon>MagiskHide
    4. Click the box for all Google apps, banking apps, streaming services, and any app that you think won't get along with knowing you have root
    5. Download Universal SafetyNet Fix from @kdrag0n
    6. Click on the Puzzle piece at the bottom of Magisk Manager's home page
    7. Search for "MagiskHide Props Config" and the download icon/install
      • Don't reboot. Go back to the Puzzle piece page.
    8. Click on "Install from storage" at the top of this tab and install the Universal SafetyNet Fix zip we downloaded.
    9. Reboot
    10. Check SafetyNet, it should pass now. Cheers
    This is the stable, official OTA Global Rom for Xiaomi Mi 11 (Venus) released today. Enjoy.

MIUI v12.5.1.0 (RKBMIXM) Global Rom

Check my other post for extracted boot.img for it.
    boot.img extract v12.5.1.0 (RKBMIXM)

Will banking apps work ?

Thank you

Would I need Magisk if flashing stock rom to have access to banking apps ? it leaves root open ? I would just prefer to the phone to act like stock and get OTA updates

Thanks
    No. You don't need it at all. Just an unlocked bootloader and the rom you're flashing is all.
    that sounds straight forward maybe tomorrow I will flash Xiaomi.eu stable via fast boot,

Also when Xiaomi.eu stable TWRP is avaliable I wont need to flash the ROM again and delete everything ? I just would need to install TWRP and get the OTA and install it via TWRP and it will just update the ROM without deleting data ?

At the moment my phone is fine with stock EU bank apps work, I dont use Gpay so doesnt effect me only issue I come across is sometimes maybe every 1-2 days the automatic rotation stops working I have to restart phone to work again I mostly use it when watching YouTube maybe Xiaomi.eu ROM will fix it

but looking long term I think Xiaomi.eu is the one to go for it has good long term support and has pre applied fixes and gets new features and at some point should do OTA updates fully automated

Thanks
    Yeah, no wipe with any of the Stable updates. Just "Install" in TWRP. Only the initial install needs data wipe. After that, they're the same as OTAs

Yeah, very solid ROM and frequent support/updates.