• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MIUI 12.5.5.0 battery drain

Search This thread

jazzh

Oct 2, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Hello! I just bought recently this beautifull phone, I adore everything about it, except - the battery. When I 1st turned it on, it found an update 3,2GB and I applied it, 12.5.5.0 Global. I wonder if I did a mistake, maybe MIUI 12 was better.
Batt drain is huge when idle, 10 or more % overnight.
Gsam app (with adb permissions) says screen and system() are the highest per consumption.
Should I install eu rom (which)?

vanpopel

Jun 2, 2012
Hello! I just bought recently this beautifull phone, I adore everything about it, except - the battery. When I 1st turned it on, it found an update 3,2GB and I applied it, 12.5.5.0 Global. I wonder if I did a mistake, maybe MIUI 12 was better.
Gsam app (with adb permissions) says screen and system() are the highest per consumption.
I'm on 12.5.5.0 and have no battery drain in idle.

Maybe you have to do some background settings.

Reactions: jazzh

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
Was on 12.5.5 too and didnt think too much of it until I saw this post.
Was getting barely 3.5 hrs ending at around 12%. Running phone at 90hz
Sometimes I would just charge it mid-day to get some juice.

Had a tough time trying to downgrade to 12.0.2 but finally did and battery I think is alot better.

1632937773843.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jazzh and Stickola

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
Oh I forgot to mention also that I did use xaomiADBFastboot tools to remove the unwanted bloatware like the services and apps. I did this on both firmwares.

1632948600696.png

Reactions: Stickola

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
While using stock i noticed a few things . Each update was using more battery. Remember two things.. we have a good processer with a medium to small battery in keeping with it's design so we shouldn't expect the same battery life as the other "thick" xiaomi models. Having said that . I flashed a custom rom and without gapps the phone can last 2 days using camera watching videos and with Bluetooth on listening to music .So if you want decent battery. Start by not updating..using miui is like using google x2 ...so xiaomeme and google are sucking juice with processes under "system" and it is also what's causing heating . Apart from not updating, you must debloat and also root to disable certain gapps and xiaomi processes you can't without root. Next you absolutely must go through all the apps permissions and disable auto start and background battery and data for stuff that are not essential when you're not using your phone. THIS SAVES A HUGE AMOUNT ..just killing backgrounding of google application will save you a few percent. So that's all, no secret sauce . Just kill all the unnecessary background data and battery and auto start or disable google gapps and xiaomi stuff you don't use . Obviously you can see from my post that to get great battery you need to run pure aosp or lineage gsi using gapps replacement like nanodroid and fake store . If you don't want to go that far ,use lineage with minimal gapps and tweak the apps permissions and backgrounding . You will solve heating and battery issues. The problem are the gapps and xiaomi applications getting updated with each incremental update. I have tested on benchmark applications that each update is a little lower in points ..not much but a little worse. So be careful of updating. Sometimes xiaomeme is not refining stuff before making changes to new releases. and you need to imagine just the miui theming on top of aosp is already gonna use battery and processor. So that's my experience with the battery.. Obviously our screen at max brightness will kill our small battery quick, so try to be conservative and use autobrightness . You must also select in cellphone network to use 5G battery saving option. So when you don't use the phone it drops to 4G or 3G to save battery cos with each incremental G the network or gsm and sim suck more battery juice .Try to remember how hard people got hit when we went from 3G to 4G. We had to increase battery sizes quick....

• Wow
Reactions: Stickola

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20211003_184831.jpg

This is interesting. I was at home all day, only used wifi. 3hrs sot so far with 60% battery left. This is on 12.5.5 update.
    So it's rapidly draining on cellular data.
    I'm still investigating the real issue here.

Had a tough time trying to downgrade to 12.0.2 but finally did and battery I think is alot better.

1632937773843.png
    Oh I forgot to mention also that I did use xaomiADBFastboot tools to remove the unwanted bloatware like the services and apps. I did this on both firmwares.

1632948600696.png

Please explain the process of downgrading, thank you.
    F..k I didn't find it....will look on afh...
    IMG_20211003_184831.jpg

This is interesting. I was at home all day, only used wifi. 3hrs sot so far with 60% battery left. This is on 12.5.5 update.
    So it's rapidly draining on cellular data.
    I'm still investigating the real issue here.

1632937773843.png
    I'm on 12.5.5.0 and have no battery drain in idle.

Maybe you have to do some background settings.

1632948600696.png

Please explain the process of downgrading, thank you.