MIUI 12.5 Chinese ROM Google PlayStore Stopped Working

Search This thread

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Hello friends, I am new here, getting familiar with XDA environment. The reason I am here is for I faced this problem after MIUI update 12.5 chinese rom. Now, google is no longer working. What can I do to use play store again? Please help me

SOLVED, READ THIS COMMENT, CONTAINS ALL OF THEM

My Other Threads according to "how should you read them" serial:
MIUI 12.5 Chinese ROM Google PlayStore Stopped Working (This Thread)
2. MIUI Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Recovery & Rooting Process
3. Android Terminology You Must Know Before Toying with Your Android
4. ROM Naming & CUSTOM ROM, AOSP ROM, TREBLE ROM, GSI ROM, PORTED ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: Zalext

bs001

Jun 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Same issue.
Very unhappy.
You can search for google installer 3.0 it will work temporarily, but unless you root the phone I have not been able to find a permanent fix.

Not impressed XiaoMi.
No warning in the device.
I bet there are a heap of angry customers.

Anyone find a fix Please let me know.

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Same issue.
Very unhappy.
You can search for google installer 3.0 it will work temporarily, but unless you root the phone I have not been able to find a permanent fix.

Not impressed XiaoMi.
No warning in the device.
I bet there are a heap of angry customers.

Anyone find a fix Please let me know.
I have rooted my phone, found no alternative option. But now, I have one problem, drive and maps don't work. I wonder if it's something wrong with the google play installer I flashed with magisk. Let me know, if you know any google play installer for stock ROM for rooted device.

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Finally I got a few solutions, the best ones along with others would be discussed here by me now.
First of all, without changing the ROM:
1. You have to ROOT your phone. And, you need to flash the gapps, though this flashed playstore creates some problems. This can be fixed by the developer who developed the flashable file but AFAIK (as far as I know), I don't know which developer made it so can't send the bug report too.
Working:
All google Apps except GOOGLE DRIVE , GOOGLE MEET AND GOOGLE MAPS
you can browse drive by browser and for google maps, you can use google maps lite which works fine. I haven't found any solution for google meet.​

2. Best and permanent option is to shifting to GLOBAL MIUI, I would suggest EU ROM because it is extracted from China MIUI and has a good optimization. I know some of us likes to stick with the old way, but since you are searching your solution here, you have to accept the new ways that china MIUI will always disturb you for GMS (google mobile services) so changing rom is the best way.

(If some of us is reading this thread, and is Newb like me, doesn't understand this new world, I would elaborate it, every process step by step, currently I just wrote it briefly. You can reply here, I will share my knowledge here)

I FOUND THE BEST SOLUTION TILL NOW, NO NEED TO CHANGE YOUR ROM:
  1. ROOT YOUR PHONE, FLASH THIS THIS GAPPS PACKAGE IN MAGISK, ALL IS WORKING, ALL OF THEM.
  2. BEST PART, GOOGLE RECOGNIZE YOUR GOOGLE PHOTOS APPS AS PIXEL DEVICE, SO UNLIMITED HIGH QUALITY UPLOAD
  3. I WONDER HOW SIMPLE THIS SOLUTION IS, BUT IT TOOK ME ALMOST 45 DAYS TO LEARN AND DISCOVER. AGAIN, IF SOMEONE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS NEW WORLD, YOU CAN CONTACT ME, BUT YOU READ READ THIS THREADS FIRST:

MIUI Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Recovery & Rooting Process

CUSTOM ROM, AOSP ROM, TREBLE ROM, GSI ROM, PORTED ROM

Android Terminology You Must Know Before Toying with Your Android

I wanted to write this threads for XDA, but more or less, all of these are available in XDA, just in haphazard manner, so I wrote them for my friends in telegram, and thought, I should share them here too, since I started this thread.

My Other Threads according to "how should you read them" serial:
MIUI 12.5 Chinese ROM Google PlayStore Stopped Working (This Thread)
2. MIUI Unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Recovery & Rooting Process
3. Android Terminology You Must Know Before Toying with Your Android
4. ROM Naming & CUSTOM ROM, AOSP ROM, TREBLE ROM, GSI ROM, PORTED ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: Zalext

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
Finally I got a few solutions, the best ones along with others would be discussed here by me now.
First of all, without changing the ROM:
1. You have to ROOT your phone. And, you need to flash the gapps, though this flashed playstore creates some problems. This can be fixed by the developer who developed the flashable file but AFAIK (as far as I know), I don't know which developer made it so can't send the bug report too.
Working:
All google Apps except GOOGLE DRIVE , GOOGLE MEET AND GOOGLE MAPS
you can browse drive by browser and for google maps, you can use google maps lite which works fine. I haven't found any solution for google meet.​

2. Best and permanent option is to shifting to GLOBAL MIUI, I would suggest EU ROM because it is extracted from China MIUI and has a good optimization. I know some of us likes to stick with the old way, but since you are searching your solution here, you have to accept the new ways that china MIUI will always disturb you for GMS (google mobile services) so changing rom is the best way.

(If some of us is reading this thread, and is Newb like me, doesn't understand this new world, I would elaborate it, every process step by step, currently I just wrote it briefly. You can reply here, I will share my knowledge here)

Hey, I'm newbie too and don't understand this new world. And I've got exactly the same problem as you, on my CC9 Meitu Edition. So could you explain how you did it?
Have you got any problem with your camera, by any chance?

Apparently there is no Global ROM for cc9 Meitu Edition :( - I'm considering trying to install the ROM for CC9/CC9e to see if it works.

bs001

Jun 14, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Yes we have to embrace the brave new world.
I had hoped to avoid a wipe as I don't want to lose stuff.
I have however (hopefully) backed up everything now and will change to the EU ROM (https://xiaomi.eu/community/)

Hey, I'm newbie too and don't understand this new world. And I've got exactly the same problem as you, on my CC9 Meitu Edition. So could you explain how you did it?
Have you got any problem with your camera, by any chance?

Apparently there is no Global ROM for cc9 Meitu Edition :( - I'm considering trying to install the ROM for CC9/CC9e to see if it works.
They have a how to and it looks like there are a few cc9 eu roms

Reactions: luizzcosta

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
Yes we have to embrace the brave new world.
I had hoped to avoid a wipe as I don't want to lose stuff.
I have however (hopefully) backed up everything now and will change to the EU ROM (https://xiaomi.eu/community/)

They have a how to and it looks like there are a few cc9 eu roms
Thanks mate. So I have done all the process and when I flashed it, my phone went into recovery mode and it is stuck in there now since last night. If I reboot it, it goes back into recovery.

I've wiped the date, no difference. I've tried the Mi Assistant, but the PC Suite won't recognize my phone. I've tried downloading other ROMs, older versions, and nothing seems to work.

As someone mentioned, I have tried to delete the first 2 lines of every .bat file on the ROM folder. Still no success. I don't what else I can do. (He said to comment out these 2 lines, I am not sure what to comment out a line means, but I assume is deleting both lines from the file).

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *pyxis" || echo Missmatching image and device
fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *pyxis" || exit /B 1

I'm stuck on the recovery mode with the message in red "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device".

Any light one this issue, please?

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Thanks mate. So I have done all the process and when I flashed it, my phone went into recovery mode and it is stuck in there now since last night. If I reboot it, it goes back into recovery.

I've wiped the date, no difference. I've tried the Mi Assistant, but the PC Suite won't recognize my phone. I've tried downloading other ROMs, older versions, and nothing seems to work.

As someone mentioned, I have tried to delete the first 2 lines of every .bat file on the ROM folder. Still no success. I don't what else I can do. (He said to comment out these 2 lines, I am not sure what to comment out a line means, but I assume is deleting both lines from the file).

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *pyxis" || echo Missmatching image and device
fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *pyxis" || exit /B 1

I'm stuck on the recovery mode with the message in red "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device".

Any light one this issue, please?
In order to advice on what to do, I have to know what you have done till now,
So your device always booting into twrp recovery rather than booting into ui right? Let me know. (And please double check if you have downloaded the correct ROM for your device, bonus trick: flash fastboot ROM using MI FLASH TOOL, it will take you to brand new MIUI condition, you should flash EU fastboot ROM, since in China ROM play store always mess up)

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
In order to advice on what to do, I have to know what you have done till now,
So your device always booting into twrp recovery rather than booting into ui right? Let me know. (And please double check if you have downloaded the correct ROM for your device, bonus trick: flash fastboot ROM using MI FLASH TOOL, it will take you to brand new MIUI condition, you should flash EU fastboot ROM, since in China ROM play store always mess up)
thanks for your reply.

So I've unlocked my phone first. Then I downloaded the MiFlash tool.
I chose the ROM (I researched online to check which ROM would work for the cc9 Meitu Edition) and flashed it.
On MiFlash Tool, it says successful.
But instead of my phone booting normally, it goes into recovery mode (I didn't use any TWRP app, I dont know what those are) and I get this message that MIUI version cant be installed in this device.

I am not sure if it's the ROM i've downloaded. I've downloaded a few, and none has worked out.

Commenting out those 2 lines has an affect on it?

By the way, I didnt find any xiaomi.eu ROM for the CC9 Meitu edition - It's very hard to find info on this model, and global ROMs that work too.

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
thanks for your reply.

So I've unlocked my phone first. Then I downloaded the MiFlash tool.
I chose the ROM (I researched online to check which ROM would work for the cc9 Meitu Edition) and flashed it.
On MiFlash Tool, it says successful.
But instead of my phone booting normally, it goes into recovery mode (I didn't use any TWRP app, I dont know what those are) and I get this message that MIUI version cant be installed in this device.

I am not sure if it's the ROM i've downloaded. I've downloaded a few, and none has worked out.

Commenting out those 2 lines has an affect on it?

By the way, I didnt find any xiaomi.eu ROM for the CC9 Meitu edition - It's very hard to find info on this model, and global ROMs that work too.
from youtube, watch some videos on how to install twrp for your device, you need a recovery , by any chance, from the ss, is any of two are your device?

AND LASTLY, WHILE FLASHING YOUR ROM IN FASTBOOT MODE USING MI FLASH TOOL, WHICH ONE DID YOU SELECTED?
1. CLEAN ALL
2. CLEAN ALL AND LOCK ? (this option is selected by default :'(

I pray that you have selected "clean all" option only :'(

1621259954625.png

1621259977181.png

edited: seems like you have similar situation (see this link) I told you to read everything before jumping into flashing rom, almost every youtube videos forbids to select "clean all and lock" because it causes bootloop.

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
from youtube, watch some videos on how to install twrp for your device, you need a recovery , by any chance, from the ss, is any of two are your device?

AND LASTLY, WHILE FLASHING YOUR ROM IN FASTBOOT MODE USING MI FLASH TOOL, WHICH ONE DID YOU SELECTED?
1. CLEAN ALL
2. CLEAN ALL AND LOCK ? (this option is selected by default :'(

I pray that you have selected "clean all" option only :'(

View attachment 5311957
View attachment 5311959

edited: seems like you have similar situation (see this link) I told you to read everything before jumping into flashing rom, almost every youtube videos forbids to select "clean all and lock" because it causes bootloop.
Yes, I am aware, I did not check the clean and lock button. I only used the clean all option.
My phone is currently unlocked.

EDIT: I mean to ask, can I install TWPR on the phone even though I currenty cant access my phone since it is stuck on Recovery mode.

Thanks for showing me which ROMs to download. But these are .zip
I need a file .tgz, no?? in order to fastboot. Or am I wrong?

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Hey, I am aware, I did not check the clean and lock button. I only used the clean all option.
My phone is currently unlocked.

Thanks for showing me which ROMs to download. But these are .zip
I need a file .tgz, no?? in order to fastboot. Or am I wrong?
yes, you need .tgz to flash it in fastboot mode, zips are for flashing it in recovery mode, please install twrp recovery (each device has different twrp), if you have question, ask me but don't flash anything OOS (out of specification), you can flash them using twrp.

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
yes, you need .tgz to flash it in fastboot mode, zips are for flashing it in recovery mode, please install twrp recovery (each device has different twrp), if you have question, ask me but don't flash anything OOS (out of specification), you can flash them using twrp.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
So I have downloaded the TWRP as well as the ADB tool. When I go to prompt command and type fastboot device it gives me a message as follow:

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

what should I do?

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Thanks, I appreciate it.
So I have downloaded the TWRP as well as the ADB tool. When I go to prompt command and type fastboot device it gives me a message as follow:

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

what should I do?
Don't go to cmd from search or run, go to the platform tool folder (better keep the folder in desktop, in the folder, there, in folder address, click with mouse and just type cmd, hit enter, your problem should be solved.
1621263896360.png

where platform-tool is written, click there, it will be highlighted, write cmd, hit enter, if problem persist, install adb drivers from here . or you can try to install one click adb installer from here .

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
Don't go to cmd from search or run, go to the platform tool folder (better keep the folder in desktop, in the folder, there, in folder address, click with mouse and just type cmd, hit enter, your problem should be solved.
View attachment 5312011
where platform-tool is written, click there, it will be highlighted, write cmd, hit enter, if problem persist, install adb drivers from here . or you can try to install one click adb installer from here .
Thanks mate.
In the end, there was no option other than to take it to a technician to fix it. He did fix it.
However, the android camera that came installed now is not anywhere near as good as the one that came installed from factory.
I've checked and I have currently an Android camera installed. Before it was a xiaomi camera, which had a better app created along with the guys from Meitu, hence the great quality camera. But I lost it now.

I've download the APK on my phone but can't get it installed,i it says:

Couldn't install
Reason: conflict service providers
Solutions: uninstall current version of the app and try to install it again.

But I can't uninstall the camera that came on phone, I've tried and not possible.
How can I get that APK installed?

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
What is your current ROM? All xiaomi official ROM has the exact same camera
I believe it's a custom rom, because it says MIUI by xiaomi.eu
12.5.1Stable
12.5.1.0(RFCCNXM)
This last code with the CN shows is Chinese and when I first booted the phone I saw a few Chinese characters but since then they disappeared. Also, all the chinese bloatware is gone. All Google stuff is working neatly as well. And now I have multi-languages options instead of only English and Chinese, as in the stock version.

When I go to camera app info in the stock Chinese rom, I see it's xiaomi and from com.mlab.cam version 5.0 (my brother has exact the same phone, I bought them together, so I checked on his phone)

But on my phone it says com.android.cam version 4.3.000230.7

And the most important, I took similar pics with both phones and the Chinese rom native camera app is undisputably better, has way better pics, definition, sharpness, etc

Last edited:

shafi1885

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
This ROM is also from xiaomi and officially maintained by xiaomi AFAIK. I am not sure why you are experiencing that much difference. But you can always use a GCam which is far better than stock cam. Search for GCam in your device thread.

Top Liked Posts