MIUI 12.5 Data Encryption

Do you like MIUI 12.5 or you prefer to use AOSP Custom ROMs?

• Yes. I like MIUI 12.5

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No. I use AOSP Custom ROMs.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

devaponnadsm

Feb 27, 2020
Alappuzha
MIUI 12.5 Encryption is very different. I am now unable to decrypt data in any Recovery.

As usual, I formatted data, wiped System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache. Installed MIUI 12.5 China Open Beta. I don't like it. So I went to new TWRP, I disabled MTP and Formatted Data, then I flashed Havoc-OS Custom ROM (usual process), setup it. I went to recovery again, and it was not able to decrypt the data. I thought to change the ROM. I went to Fastboot and Formatted Data via Fastboot: fastboot erase userdata. It's success. I went into recovery and installed Resurrection Remix 8.6.5. I setup it and started using it. I went into recovery and so that it cannot decrypt it any more. What ROM I install, or what recovery (tried two ver. of TWRP and OrangeFox R11), I am unable to decrypt /data on Recovery. It's working on ROM and I can boot. Now I can't even access /data on Recovery.

Anyone please help. Have anyone faced this problem?

Baim alif

Aug 16, 2019
MIUI 12.5 Encryption is very different. I am now unable to decrypt data in any Recovery.

As usual, I formatted data, wiped System, Vendor, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache. Installed MIUI 12.5 China Open Beta. I don't like it. So I went to new TWRP, I disabled MTP and Formatted Data, then I flashed Havoc-OS Custom ROM (usual process), setup it. I went to recovery again, and it was not able to decrypt the data. I thought to change the ROM. I went to Fastboot and Formatted Data via Fastboot: fastboot erase userdata. It's success. I went into recovery and installed Resurrection Remix 8.6.5. I setup it and started using it. I went into recovery and so that it cannot decrypt it any more. What ROM I install, or what recovery (tried two ver. of TWRP and OrangeFox R11), I am unable to decrypt /data on Recovery. It's working on ROM and I can boot. Now I can't even access /data on Recovery.

Anyone please help. Have anyone faced this problem?
after installed custom recovery, flash this file..
hopefully it's works...

Attachments