Question Miui 12.5 on Mi 11 Ultra ?

Search This thread

jmikepr

• Aug 15, 2019
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    the person i am talking to uses wechat. he is not a fan of using it on foreign IPs. it might block the account pernamently. If you can install wechat and share me your contact, i could connect you two. but you need chinese payment method also, not sure how you can get that without Chinese phone number, etc.
    Ahh I see. Yeah no idea how to go about getting a Chinese number

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    What do you gain by jumping so many hoops in order to get 12.5 2-3 weeks earlier ( it was confirmed that will rollout much sooner to mi 11 ultra ).
    You might risk a ban doing this.
    My advice would be to wait a bit .

Cheers !

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

linnil

• Mar 9, 2012
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    What do you gain by jumping so many hoops in order to get 12.5 2-3 weeks earlier ( it was confirmed that will rollout much sooner to mi 11 ultra ).
    You might risk a ban doing this.
    My advice would be to wait a bit .

Cheers !
    i simply pay $1-2 bucks, log in, update, log out. I don't see how "jumping so much hoops" in doing this.
    I am not risking a ban doing this, this is not my account.
    If you want to wait, just wait. There are people who want to try early and have fun with it. I see no problem what-so-ever.

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

linnil

• Mar 9, 2012
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Could you test Android Auto? On 12.0 it's just broken :( and I really use it a lot. So wondering if I should hold for 12.5 or sell the Mi 11 Ultra :(
    i installed everything for android auto just to try it for you. it seems working fine. However, i didn't connect it to any android auto cars, as I only have a tesla, which doesn't run carplay or android auto.

what is the part that it was broken on 12.0?

YoSoyCarlosG

Dec 19, 2012
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    i installed everything for android auto just to try it for you. it seems working fine. However, i didn't connect it to any android auto cars, as I only have a tesla, which doesn't run carplay or android auto.

Bummer :( but thanks! So the app installs, but once you connect to the car, nothing happens. And if I open the app while connected, the car display / system just won't see the phone. So far, after doing a thousand things, this is the only kind of signal that the phone tries to communicate with the car, but after this, phone just freezes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-19-14-29-14-517_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-04-19-14-29-14-517_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 43

linnil

• Mar 9, 2012
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Bummer :( but thanks! So the app installs, but once you connect to the car, nothing happens. And if I open the app while connected, the car display / system just won't see the phone. So far, after doing a thousand things, this is the only kind of signal that the phone tries to communicate with the car, but after this, phone just freezes
    my buddy has a car with android auto, i can try that when i see him and let you know.

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos

Hey, can you help a fellow Teslian over here and connect me to the vendor? I would jump.som3 hoops to get it updated 😀

Zaffy

• Jul 7, 2016
    Hi guys, bit of a novice I'm looking to purchase the mi 11 pro which of course is only Chinese version only, would you use mi 11 ultra rom or the mi 11? Once bootloader is unlocked do you lose any functionality?
    You need to use a Mi 11 Pro ROM. Anything but a ROM specific to your phone will end up in either your phone not starting on anything but recovery, or worst, getting it bricked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      All went well. Thanks guys. I basically have no desire to flash .EU right now. China ROM is totally fine.

Screenshot_2021-04-22-09-11-13-460_com.android.updater.jpg
      That's good, thanks for the info.

I got a bit too curious tried enrolling for the beta program under the standard Android Updater settings, which took me to a page to install the Mi Community app. It then asked me to sign-up for a beta testing group but after giving them my contact details, it said there's already too many users enrolled (something like 500k testers already?). I had to ask a friend who could read Chinese to help translate the UI elements for me :D
      Because the application threshold is too low, resulting in too many people to apply.. (when you have the internal test qualification of other mobile phone models and don't need to own the mobile phone, you can apply for approval without approval.)

There are several solutions.
      1. Borrow your friend's Xiaomi account with internal test qualification.
      2. Buy an account with internal test qualification on Taobao or other platforms.
      3. In Xiaomi community, the "internal test score" reaches 900, but it may be a little difficult for foreigners.
      4. You can flash xiaomi.eu ROM or other version ROM.
      5.Wait, wait, wait the stable verson ROM.....
      ----------------
      这也是中国小米用户经常吐槽的地方。。。我小米10也没有内测权限,通常我都是 flash 自定义 ROM。

有几个办法可以解决。
      1. 借你朋友拥有内测资格的小米账号。
      2.在淘宝或其他平台买拥有内测资格的账号。
      3.在小米社区“内测分”达到900,但这对外国人来说可能有点困难。
      4.你可以flash xiaomi.eu ROM 或者其他版本的ROM.
      5.慢慢等慢慢等....稳定版
      I just received 12.5 OTA
      How lol i just got a 12.0.13.0 lol
      Regarding the camera, i for one saw a small improvement when taking photos in direct sunlight and getting a bit more details in the dark areas. Before those areas were a bit too dark for my tastes but now they seem a bit lit up and with a bit more details.

Also the zoom stabilization past 10x has improved a lot imo.
      Also there is a small improvement on digital processing when taking a zoom picture. I can see that the writings are better recreated now ( tested with maximum zoom on a panel where i couldn't read the text )
      Attached a normal and ultrawide shots.

Also please take in consideration that these were shot from the car with the windshield not so clean ;)
      my buddy has a car with android auto, i can try that when i see him and let you know.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone