Question Miui 12.5 on Mi 11 Ultra ?

Search This thread

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Can someone tell me if the .EU ROM sends less info back to Xiaomi? In other words more private?

I use NextDNS and when I observe my DNS logs. My device is making an absurd number of connections to Xiaomi URLS.

I'm not complaining, I knew what I was getting into when I bought the device, hence why I'm blocking these at the DNS level. However I am just curious if the .EU ROM addresses this in anyway and makes less calls back to Xiaomi in general?
If you debloat everything from Xiaomi then much less apps will be sending data back to mothership

Nearly Every mi app opens on a T+C screen you have to accept to use it for the first time ,

if you don't accept giving it full access to everything you cannot use it.... In which case I find an alternative and remove it

jmikepr

• Aug 15, 2019
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    If you debloat everything from Xiaomi then much less apps will be sending data back to mothership

Nearly Every mi app opens on a T+C screen you have to accept to use it for the first time ,

if you don't accept giving it full access to everything you cannot use it.... In which case I find an alternative and remove it
    Yeah i've done a fair amount of debloating via ADB. I had the Global Mi 11 previously and sent a small amount of info back to Xiaomi. However the China ROM is just pumping it back.

Which again, I totally expected and is mitigated. I was just wondering if the .EU ROM will be more similar to the Global ROM in terms of info sent back.

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    Yeah i've done a fair amount of debloating via ADB. I had the Global Mi 11 previously and sent a small amount of info back to Xiaomi. However the China ROM is just pumping it back.

Which again, I totally expected and is mitigated. I was just wondering if the .EU ROM will be more similar to the Global ROM in terms of info sent back.
    Battery life seems much better, but it's a lot lighter with a couple of hundred less apps....

I guess there is a lot less thing on in the background but still wouldn't feel too great putting mission critical details on any smartphone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-22-23-58-52-236_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-04-22-23-58-52-236_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
      280.2 KB · Views: 51

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    Today I got notification about new update, don't know if I update now (6 days left to unlock bootloader) do I will have to repeat unlock process from scratch after installing OTA update ?

View attachment 5287455
    I unlocked my bootloader on 12.0.3 and in the 168 hrs I accepted a couple of updates to 12.0.10 and 12.0.13

You can update without resetting your 168 hours , just stay signed in to your mi account on phone and computer until the 168 hr countdown has elapsed

I did toggle OEM unlock or USB debugging debugging trying to force the ota update and it never affected my unlock timer

Reactions: veimus

avetny

• Jul 16, 2010
    Private Island.
    Today I got notification about new update, don't know if I update now (6 days left to unlock bootloader) do I will have to repeat unlock process from scratch after installing OTA update ?

View attachment 5287455
    U know what to do....u don’t need a brick bro.
    Update it, factory reset it, and and wait again....is basically once you have to do that...as we all understood that previous firmware is bad...

PS: EDL entered chat

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
    I unlocked my bootloader on 12.0.3 and in the 168 hrs I accepted a couple of updates to 12.0.10 and 12.0.13

You can update without resetting your 168 hours , just stay signed in to your mi account on phone and computer until the 168 hr countdown has elapsed

I did toggle OEM unlock or USB debugging debugging trying to force the ota update and it never affected my unlock timer
    Do you have to leave the account signed in on the computer and phone or one or the other?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      All went well. Thanks guys. I basically have no desire to flash .EU right now. China ROM is totally fine.

Screenshot_2021-04-22-09-11-13-460_com.android.updater.jpg
      That's good, thanks for the info.

I got a bit too curious tried enrolling for the beta program under the standard Android Updater settings, which took me to a page to install the Mi Community app. It then asked me to sign-up for a beta testing group but after giving them my contact details, it said there's already too many users enrolled (something like 500k testers already?). I had to ask a friend who could read Chinese to help translate the UI elements for me :D
      Because the application threshold is too low, resulting in too many people to apply.. (when you have the internal test qualification of other mobile phone models and don't need to own the mobile phone, you can apply for approval without approval.)

There are several solutions.
      1. Borrow your friend's Xiaomi account with internal test qualification.
      2. Buy an account with internal test qualification on Taobao or other platforms.
      3. In Xiaomi community, the "internal test score" reaches 900, but it may be a little difficult for foreigners.
      4. You can flash xiaomi.eu ROM or other version ROM.
      5.Wait, wait, wait the stable verson ROM.....
      ----------------
      这也是中国小米用户经常吐槽的地方。。。我小米10也没有内测权限,通常我都是 flash 自定义 ROM。

有几个办法可以解决。
      1. 借你朋友拥有内测资格的小米账号。
      2.在淘宝或其他平台买拥有内测资格的账号。
      3.在小米社区“内测分”达到900,但这对外国人来说可能有点困难。
      4.你可以flash xiaomi.eu ROM 或者其他版本的ROM.
      5.慢慢等慢慢等....稳定版
      I just received 12.5 OTA
      How lol i just got a 12.0.13.0 lol
      Regarding the camera, i for one saw a small improvement when taking photos in direct sunlight and getting a bit more details in the dark areas. Before those areas were a bit too dark for my tastes but now they seem a bit lit up and with a bit more details.

Also the zoom stabilization past 10x has improved a lot imo.
      Also there is a small improvement on digital processing when taking a zoom picture. I can see that the writings are better recreated now ( tested with maximum zoom on a panel where i couldn't read the text )
      Attached a normal and ultrawide shots.

Also please take in consideration that these were shot from the car with the windshield not so clean ;)
      Bummer :( but thanks! So the app installs, but once you connect to the car, nothing happens. And if I open the app while connected, the car display / system just won't see the phone. So far, after doing a thousand things, this is the only kind of signal that the phone tries to communicate with the car, but after this, phone just freezes
      my buddy has a car with android auto, i can try that when i see him and let you know.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone