• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question MIUI 12.5 Playback controls issue

Search This thread

allan_sundry

Feb 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello,

Recently I've upgraded from MIUI 12.0.5 to MIUI 12.5.1. After upgrade, I'm not able to close playback control window (for example VLC or Voice Audiobook Player):

Screenshot_2021-05-28-09-06-13-298_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

Playback control window pretends to disappear when I swipe it (to the right or to the left):

Screenshot_2021-05-28-09-06-27-671_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

but the there's empty space after that and I can swipe it back in opposite direction. The only way to close it permanently is to force stop the application.

It looks like an issue with MIUI 12.5.1.

Any ideas how to fix it? Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

OnrKrkmz

Apr 19, 2016
How did you installed 12.5? I still didn't receive update for mine, It says latest version is MIUI Global 12.0.2 by the way do you mean 12.0.5 or 12.5?

Last edited:

CA3iR0

May 13, 2007
Coimbra
flavors.me
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
How did you installed 12.5? I still didn't receive update for mine, It says latest version is MIUI Global 12.0.2 by the way do you mean 12.0.5 or 12.5?
You have to install the zip manually, but only if you have a european region ROM. If not, you'll have to unlock the bootloader first, flash the european 12.0.6.0 ROM, and then update to 12.5.1

OnrKrkmz

Apr 19, 2016
You have to install the zip manually, but only if you have a european region ROM. If not, you'll have to unlock the bootloader first, flash the european 12.0.6.0 ROM, and then update to 12.5.1
I'm still on waiting period to unlock my bootloader, I believe 6 days left for it. I've looked mostly everywhere if there is any way to bypass that stupid waiting time but I couldn't find any way to do, once I unlock my bootloader I believe I'll install Indonesian ROM to get rid of from google apps etc.

CA3iR0

May 13, 2007
Coimbra
flavors.me
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm still on waiting period to unlock my bootloader, I believe 6 days left for it. I've looked mostly everywhere if there is any way to bypass that stupid waiting time but I couldn't find any way to do, once I unlock my bootloader I believe I'll install Indonesian ROM to get rid of from google apps etc.
WTF!!!

Just sell your Poco and buy a Huawei P40 PRO... Goodbye Google!

Sajjad6630

Aug 12, 2016
bro its stable beta version. w8 for updates and it fix.do you clear cathe after updating? reset factory do that. maybe help
another thing. pls give antutu benchmark score so and we can compare performance. thanks

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

allan_sundry

Feb 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I did in this way and it works for me:
1. allow "USB debugging".
2. allow "USB debugging (Security settings)".
3. start adb shell with a command:
Code:
adb shell
4. run a configuration command:
Code:
settings put secure qs_media_resumption 0
5. exit from adb shell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Recently I've upgraded from MIUI 12.0.5 to MIUI 12.5.1. After upgrade, I'm not able to close playback control window (for example VLC or Voice Audiobook Player):

Screenshot_2021-05-28-09-06-13-298_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

Playback control window pretends to disappear when I swipe it (to the right or to the left):

Screenshot_2021-05-28-09-06-27-671_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

but the there's empty space after that and I can swipe it back in opposite direction. The only way to close it permanently is to force stop the application.

It looks like an issue with MIUI 12.5.1.

Any ideas how to fix it? Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks in advance!
    IMO it is a bug because it worked correctly on Android 11 with MIUI 12.0.5.
    Same issue here!
    Thanks! I've already sent an issue report to POCO (Xiaomi) via Feedback in MIUI. I think everybody should do the same to bring developers attention to this issue.
    ADB Shell app for android? or using desktop/laptop?
    I did it on adb shell on my laptop, to do it from on the phone you need root access.