• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General MIUI 12.5 Stable Xiaomi.EU (Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40)

Search This thread

miksontije

Feb 17, 2011
I understand formating data when do clean flash from stable to beta. But it is strange when updating same version with newer to format data. It will delete all including installed aplications and settings.

CRNO

Jul 15, 2014
hi

first time i will use it rom should i got 12.5.1.0 firstly then update to 12.5.3.0 or i can install directly 12.5.3.0

and which twrp i use ?

Perru

Jun 4, 2015
hi

first time i will use it rom should i got 12.5.1.0 firstly then update to 12.5.3.0 or i can install directly 12.5.3.0

and which twrp i use ?
see my post 1 page before, i didnt find the needed scripts in the newest 12.5.3.0 zip so i took a previous...

Reactions: CRNO

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys I tried flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip from recovery and now I am stuck with the recovery with no OS. Any help? I thought this ROM could be flashed from there too.
EDIT: I digged the forum and found a tutorial that worked perfectly.

Last edited:

guillermo1996

May 22, 2012
Orihuela
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys I tried flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip from recovery and now I am stuck with the recovery with no OS. Any help? I thought this ROM could be flashed from there too.
I flashed the rom via recovery too and had no problems with it. You'll have to be a bit more specific about your steps. Remember to Wipe>Format Data from TWRP after flashing the rom.

In any case, if you're unsure what to do, install stock rom with MiFlash and then follow the steps I read in Xiaomi.eu forums:
  1. Boot into stock rom and finish the first configuration.
  2. Copy the Xiaomi.eu rom into the device.
  3. Go into fastboot mode and boot to twrp using "fastboot boot twrp.img" (or whatever name you have).
  4. Flash the rom (install magisk if you want after the rom). And remeber to Wipe>Format Data> write "yes", before you exit TWRP.
That worked perfectly for me twice. Good luck with it!

h4haideralii

Aug 20, 2013
Lahore
Xiaomi Poco F3
I Have Successfully flashed the Xiaomi EU 12.5.3.
Steps Followed are:
-I have officially unlocked the bootloader with Mi Official Application on Windows PC.
-Fastboot 12.5.2 version and booted to 1st boot.
-Fastboot Boot TRRP Nebrassy latest file and install recovery ramdisk as mentioned in the steps of TWRP Original Post.
-Flashed the Xiaomi EU 12.5.3 with TWRP.
-ALL DONE.
Rom is working smooth and fluid.

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Anyone know how I can allow updating on system apps on Xiaomi.EU?

I'd like to run the Play Store versions of Mi Video, Mi Calendar and Mi Music.

They Chinese versions just don't cut it when it comes to local features for Global users, plus the Play Store versions can be updated via Play Store.

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Debloater (Magisk module).

Then manually install.
I don't think that will work, it's no different then uninstalling system apps through ADB.

It's likely a configuration setting that needs to be changed with SetEdit or a similar program.

The rom will not allow you to install or upgrade system apps, similar to Global rom blocking installation of MIUI Chinese apps eg. trying to install Mi Launcher on Poco phones.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I don't think that will work, it's no different then uninstalling system apps through ADB.

It's likely a configuration setting that needs to be changed with SetEdit or a similar program.

The rom will not allow you to install or upgrade system apps, similar to Global rom blocking installation of MIUI Chinese apps eg. trying to install Mi Launcher on Poco phones.

No, that module is different from ADB uninstalling system apps. It works stronger than ADB uninstalling.

It does not directly remove the system apps. It changes some stuff so the system cannot see it. Reboot after the change to see the effect.

ADB uninstalling is actually just "force stop" apps.

Launcher is a bit different. You need to make it a system app (by Systemize for example) to have it functional. Or Quick switch to change launcher.

No loss to try. Unless you don't have Magisk and refuse to root.

Last edited:

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Same results, system apps cannot be installed from unknown sources (APKMirror).

I do like the module though, it's definitely different from ADB uninstalls.

The only downside it does not show all the system apps you can debloat, as a result, I find it much easier to manage system app uninstalls/"stopped" via ADB software like App Control.

It's just much easier to keep track of what's apps are uninstalled/"stopped" via ADB in case you want to reinstall them, instead of jumping back an forth between Magisk Debloater and ADB App Control.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Same results, system apps cannot be installed from unknown sources (APKMirror).

This is when another Magisk module "Systemize" come into play.

Try install APK with Systemize manually.

The only downside it does not show all the system apps you can debloat, as a result, I find it much easier to manage system app uninstalls/"stopped" via ADB software like App Control.

Sure? There would be 5 different sections of apps to be selected to uninstall.

Screenshot_20210619-134436.png

Did you go through all 5 sections?

Screenshot_20210619-135222.png

Screenshot_20210619-135431.png

Screenshot_20210619-134529.png

Go through all those 5 sections.

You should find at least 200 apps that can be debloated in MIUI.

Apps you consider as system apps does not always only located under system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @DeathStroke47 can I ask you a question? I am on the stable .eu 12.5.6, I would like to try the weekly, if I flash the last weekly and format data, does it work?
    It will work
    Is rooting xiaomi.eu as easy as flashing magic via twrp? Also does rooting desable any features and make fingerprint issues, banking apps etc?
    And my last question is, can we still update the rom via the update section if we root it?

In general, how can we have root on this rom and what are the draw backs?

Just dump the payload bin and get the boot img and find these things out for yourself. So many banking apps out there that don't care if you are rooted so only you can test this.

Can somebody list the differences between the xiaomi eu and the global?

Everybody keeps saying "features", but nobody actually says the features itself.

It makes it difficult to decide whether to go custom or stay truly stock.

I used to own a samsung, knox kinda gave me a phobia of customs 😅

there is no need for Xiaomi EU rom... its basically the same as Global, the only differences would be the Xiaomi Dialer, Messages and Email and some other things like that which you can get in any rom by Systemizing them. Even the email app you can just grab off of apk mirror and install.

Its a pretty terrible rom, and most people are risking a softbrick anyway since TWRP is a mess, a tragic recovery that doesn't operate properly on Poco F3.

Stick to Global, if you want root search for the origianl tgz images and grab the boot.img and use Magisk flash method.

Literally not worth installing a borked rom like X-EU
    Thank you! I read that it is possible to do this even without formatting the data, you say it creates problems?
    OneOS is different. If u get errors in booting, format data. You can move from Xiaomi.EU stable to beta without formating data.
    The flashing instructions mentioned in op as Flashing via twrp is still applicable to Poco F3 or is it an outdated instruction? Since I have seen that owners are only installing via fastboot with a script...so what's the right process kindly guide.
    Flash a stock fastboot rom if you are on any AOSP rom to prevent errors while flashing.
    And in my case, i am moving from official stock preinstalled to eu, should i choose flashing via twrp since it's not custom ROM and first time? Actually someone told me flashing stock ROM via twrp bricks device permanently this is why wanting to be on a safer side
    to flash stocks it is much safer to use miflash instead of twrp, as it is still in an embryonic state. instead for the castom the best way is the twrp.
    xiaomi.eu-fi.png

Stable MIUI 12.5 is now released by Xiaomi.EU and this thread is for discussion about xiaomi.eu stable releases.

Download Links:-

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
    • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (Only needed for first install)
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to system
    Latest Changelog:-
    • Bugs Fixes And Performance Improvement
    • August Security Patch
    I can't find an answer for this exactly yet, but:

To install, the Xiaomi.Eu instructions say to flash from China Rom.

I'm assuming that my Poco F3 comes with Global.

Do I need to flash the Global to Chinese ROM, and _then_ Flash the Xiaomi.Eu rom?

Cheers!
    No need, you just have to unlock your bootloader, then boot into fastboot, connect the phone to your laptop/pc. then double click on the bat file to run the fastboot installation script in the rom zip file after you extract it. You can follow the full guide here:

I just updated from the previous stable to 12.5. So far the only bug i encountered was the live wallpaper which i had set was automatically changed to default static one and when i tried to set it back, it would just show a black screen instead of the wallpaper but i fixed it by setting it again but from the theme store this time, where i originally downloaded it from. I'll report any other bugs if i encounter them.
    Generally it would be nice to give a feedback after a helping advice or give at least a like. First of all it's just nice and polite and second, it motivate to help other people as well. I'm here more than 10 years and may be I'm old school. I know time change and it's no offense! Thanks all together.
    Battery was never a concern for me unlike most people here with a massive standby drain. However, one thing I can say for sure is that the battery life in xiaomi.eu is better than that of the stock rom.