• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General MIUI 12.5 Stable Xiaomi.EU (Poco F3, Mi 11x, Redmi K40)

Search This thread

miksontije

Feb 17, 2011
I understand formating data when do clean flash from stable to beta. But it is strange when updating same version with newer to format data. It will delete all including installed aplications and settings.

CRNO

Jul 15, 2014
hi

first time i will use it rom should i got 12.5.1.0 firstly then update to 12.5.3.0 or i can install directly 12.5.3.0

and which twrp i use ?

Perru

Jun 4, 2015
hi

first time i will use it rom should i got 12.5.1.0 firstly then update to 12.5.3.0 or i can install directly 12.5.3.0

and which twrp i use ?
see my post 1 page before, i didnt find the needed scripts in the newest 12.5.3.0 zip so i took a previous...

Reactions: CRNO

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys I tried flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip from recovery and now I am stuck with the recovery with no OS. Any help? I thought this ROM could be flashed from there too.
EDIT: I digged the forum and found a tutorial that worked perfectly.

Last edited:

guillermo1996

May 22, 2012
Orihuela
Xiaomi Poco F3
Guys I tried flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip from recovery and now I am stuck with the recovery with no OS. Any help? I thought this ROM could be flashed from there too.
I flashed the rom via recovery too and had no problems with it. You'll have to be a bit more specific about your steps. Remember to Wipe>Format Data from TWRP after flashing the rom.

In any case, if you're unsure what to do, install stock rom with MiFlash and then follow the steps I read in Xiaomi.eu forums:
  1. Boot into stock rom and finish the first configuration.
  2. Copy the Xiaomi.eu rom into the device.
  3. Go into fastboot mode and boot to twrp using "fastboot boot twrp.img" (or whatever name you have).
  4. Flash the rom (install magisk if you want after the rom). And remeber to Wipe>Format Data> write "yes", before you exit TWRP.
That worked perfectly for me twice. Good luck with it!

h4haideralii

Aug 20, 2013
Lahore
Xiaomi Poco F3
I Have Successfully flashed the Xiaomi EU 12.5.3.
Steps Followed are:
-I have officially unlocked the bootloader with Mi Official Application on Windows PC.
-Fastboot 12.5.2 version and booted to 1st boot.
-Fastboot Boot TRRP Nebrassy latest file and install recovery ramdisk as mentioned in the steps of TWRP Original Post.
-Flashed the Xiaomi EU 12.5.3 with TWRP.
-ALL DONE.
Rom is working smooth and fluid.

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Anyone know how I can allow updating on system apps on Xiaomi.EU?

I'd like to run the Play Store versions of Mi Video, Mi Calendar and Mi Music.

They Chinese versions just don't cut it when it comes to local features for Global users, plus the Play Store versions can be updated via Play Store.

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Debloater (Magisk module).

Then manually install.
I don't think that will work, it's no different then uninstalling system apps through ADB.

It's likely a configuration setting that needs to be changed with SetEdit or a similar program.

The rom will not allow you to install or upgrade system apps, similar to Global rom blocking installation of MIUI Chinese apps eg. trying to install Mi Launcher on Poco phones.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I don't think that will work, it's no different then uninstalling system apps through ADB.

It's likely a configuration setting that needs to be changed with SetEdit or a similar program.

The rom will not allow you to install or upgrade system apps, similar to Global rom blocking installation of MIUI Chinese apps eg. trying to install Mi Launcher on Poco phones.

No, that module is different from ADB uninstalling system apps. It works stronger than ADB uninstalling.

It does not directly remove the system apps. It changes some stuff so the system cannot see it. Reboot after the change to see the effect.

ADB uninstalling is actually just "force stop" apps.

Launcher is a bit different. You need to make it a system app (by Systemize for example) to have it functional. Or Quick switch to change launcher.

No loss to try. Unless you don't have Magisk and refuse to root.

Last edited:

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Same results, system apps cannot be installed from unknown sources (APKMirror).

I do like the module though, it's definitely different from ADB uninstalls.

The only downside it does not show all the system apps you can debloat, as a result, I find it much easier to manage system app uninstalls/"stopped" via ADB software like App Control.

It's just much easier to keep track of what's apps are uninstalled/"stopped" via ADB in case you want to reinstall them, instead of jumping back an forth between Magisk Debloater and ADB App Control.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Same results, system apps cannot be installed from unknown sources (APKMirror).

This is when another Magisk module "Systemize" come into play.

Try install APK with Systemize manually.

The only downside it does not show all the system apps you can debloat, as a result, I find it much easier to manage system app uninstalls/"stopped" via ADB software like App Control.

Sure? There would be 5 different sections of apps to be selected to uninstall.

Screenshot_20210619-134436.png

Did you go through all 5 sections?

Screenshot_20210619-135222.png

Screenshot_20210619-135431.png

Screenshot_20210619-134529.png

Go through all those 5 sections.

You should find at least 200 apps that can be debloated in MIUI.

Apps you consider as system apps does not always only located under system.

Top Liked Posts

being on miui beta android 12, rebooted to recovery and twrp was still there, just cleared data and sideloaded miui 12.5.14 back
    thanks! works like a charm!
    Any guide please step by step
    being on miui beta android 12, rebooted to recovery and twrp was still there, just cleared data and sideloaded miui 12.5.14 back
    thanks! works like a charm!
    Android 12 beta is ready but there are a few bugs. I just flashed it now through fastboot method. Safetynet is fixed by default. Also there is the double tap to lockscreen option in launcher. :)
    how can u flash a11 again from a12? advice please?
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply.
    Can I install Xiaomi.eu directly from rom Syberia or do I need to install the stock rom first?
    Is there a step by step guide to follow starting from the situation I am in?
    Honestly I don't know if the flash works when switching from syberia, it works fine from stock though you could try, at most if it doesn't work, flash the stock with miflash.

The steps are quite simple
    1) download the rom and put it on the phone;
    2) download the twrp that I linked to you and put it in the platform tools folder (where you have adb and fastboot in practice) renaming the file to twrp.img (so it's easier);
    3) go to the platform tools folder or where you have adb and fastboot and in the address bar type cmd and press enter, (a prompt window should open);
    4) make sure you have enabled usb debug in developer settings then restart the phone in fastboot mode (from the phone off, long press power and volume -, then connect it to the pc);
    5) check if the phone is recognized with:
    fastboot devices
    6) if it is recognized you can start the twrp with:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    7) the phone should boot into twrp then go to install and look for the rom you put before then flash;
    8) when it finishes, (it takes a while) go back and go to wipe, then advanced wipe then format data;
    9) now reboot in the system, the first start takes a while, wait, if everything went smoothly it should start.
    Happy flash! If there are any problems please ask
    xiaomi.eu-fi.png

Stable MIUI 12.5 is now released by Xiaomi.EU and this thread is for discussion about xiaomi.eu stable releases.

Download Links:-

Installation Instructions (TWRP):-
    • Unlock your bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    • Install TWRP via fastboot mode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (Only needed for first install)
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to system
    Latest Changelog:-
    • Bugs Fixes And Performance Improvement
    • August Security Patch
    I just updated from the previous stable to 12.5. So far the only bug i encountered was the live wallpaper which i had set was automatically changed to default static one and when i tried to set it back, it would just show a black screen instead of the wallpaper but i fixed it by setting it again but from the theme store this time, where i originally downloaded it from. I'll report any other bugs if i encounter them.
    I can't find an answer for this exactly yet, but:

To install, the Xiaomi.Eu instructions say to flash from China Rom.

I'm assuming that my Poco F3 comes with Global.

Do I need to flash the Global to Chinese ROM, and _then_ Flash the Xiaomi.Eu rom?

Cheers!
    No need, you just have to unlock your bootloader, then boot into fastboot, connect the phone to your laptop/pc. then double click on the bat file to run the fastboot installation script in the rom zip file after you extract it. You can follow the full guide here:

Generally it would be nice to give a feedback after a helping advice or give at least a like. First of all it's just nice and polite and second, it motivate to help other people as well. I'm here more than 10 years and may be I'm old school. I know time change and it's no offense! Thanks all together.
    Battery was never a concern for me unlike most people here with a massive standby drain. However, one thing I can say for sure is that the battery life in xiaomi.eu is better than that of the stock rom.